FedEx Freight | Raise!!!!!

skippy said:
UPS Freight is getting a contract paying them $26 hour...with my raise I am at $22.65. Are we not still behind on pay?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I was referring to the AF days.Fedex doesnt give a damn about any of us. We are behind every other company in pay. I wouldnt suggest to anyone to come and work for these ungrateful blood sucking,penny pinching ,tight wads.

I was referring to the AF days.Fedex doesnt give a damn about any of us. We are behind every other company in pay. I wouldnt suggest to anyone to come and work for these ungrateful blood sucking,penny pinching ,tight wads.

tell us how you really feel about them Fartknocker! hehehe:D

moose said:
tell us how you really feel about them Fartknocker! hehehe:D

I tried to keep it clean,they act like the prestige of working for Fed-F-ing Ex is worth a couple bucks an hour. Jeff F.( IND region big shot) was taken to task about our pay before this raise and he looked like somebody pissed on his feet. These people get angry when you point out that we get payed less than the competition.

I never have understood the pay by area, we all do the same job why different? My cost of living ain't much different than any place else. Milk ,bread gas and peanut butter,taxes, etc, cost the same as other parts of the country, But hey I'm just glad I don't sleep in a truck and come home 2 days a month anymore! It's all good I guess!

Simple explanation: In my service center, a 3 bedroom 2 bath house on 1 acre within 10 miles of the yard, will cost you $1,000,000. How much does that same house cost within 10 miles of your service center??? $40,000???? Almost none of the drivers, either road or city in my yard commute less than 25 miles to work. We pay $4.39 a gallon for gas, outrageous insurance for our cars and commute through traffic at least 45-60 minutes each way to work. There is no quality of life. And you live 10 miles from the yard on a multi-acre parcel that cost you a pittance, while complaining about paying $3.29 a gallon for gas. It's about supply and demand. I'll trade places with you. You can live in the smog and amidst the slime, grime and crime in Southern California...and I'll live in the clean air and all the acreage for pennies on the dollar. Anyone in Central Pennsylvania looking to sellout???

So let's bottom line this: the company needs drivers in metropolitan areas to do the job...and it's much more difficult and expensive to find people willing to work in the big city than out in the stix, because of the quality of life issue. So the company pays more in the big city, simply as a means of staffing service centers in the big city. Shut up and enjoy your time off. That ten minute commute home? Most big city drivers would kill for it!!!

ST, sick of the traffic and the smog....

To me the issue is not being paid enough at the lower wage center,I dont fare about the cost of living offset. The lower wage should be at least $23.00.

silent trucker said:
So what about the quality of life issue???

What about it? Im saying that I understand why the wage is higher in certain areas. But, the competition pays a buck or two more even in the lower wage areas. Nobody should be getting paid less than $23.00 an hour.

Dont kid yourself ST I live in the stix and I pay over 4.00 a gallon for gas and the median avg for a home of your description would be 300000.00 or better so dont think country life is so easy in some areas I have a 45 min commute with traffic up the ass myself for the first half of the ride and my ins and everything has jumped through the roof because of a military base and all the things it brings to the area.I have no problem with a certain area making a bit more but over 2 cents a mile and 1.50 an hour difference is a bit much when you have a center 80 miles away from ya getting that and the costs are the same acctually there gas is cheaper!!!!!!

Simple explanation: In my service center, a 3 bedroom 2 bath house on 1 acre within 10 miles of the yard, will cost you $1,000,000. How much does that same house cost within 10 miles of your service center??? $40,000???? Almost none of the drivers, either road or city in my yard commute less than 25 miles to work. We pay $4.39 a gallon for gas, outrageous insurance for our cars and commute through traffic at least 45-60 minutes each way to work. There is no quality of life. And you live 10 miles from the yard on a multi-acre parcel that cost you a pittance, while complaining about paying $3.29 a gallon for gas. It's about supply and demand. I'll trade places with you. You can live in the smog and amidst the slime, grime and crime in Southern California...and I'll live in the clean air and all the acreage for pennies on the dollar. Anyone in Central Pennsylvania looking to sellout???

So let's bottom line this: the company needs drivers in metropolitan areas to do the job...and it's much more difficult and expensive to find people willing to work in the big city than out in the stix, because of the quality of life issue. So the company pays more in the big city, simply as a means of staffing service centers in the big city. Shut up and enjoy your time off. That ten minute commute home? Most big city drivers would kill for it!!!

You picked to live there, and I picked to live here, I lived in so calif back in the early 70's ....
so ..go see Cal go see Cal and get you a pickup and pack your trash and come buy a place here, It ain't so bad living in the sticks..:36::1036316054:

But so many of the left coasters have moved here ..its not the sticks anymore. And you couldn't pay me enough to move to the big city.

are we having fun yet ???

are you old enough to remember the jingle I'm singing here .....

I don't even consider Cali. part of this country, they are really out there and the voters should reel them back in, another story there. I grew up in Southeast Mo. and moved to Ohio 20 yrs ago, then there was a difference but now cost is about the same. I'm doing the same job as a driver in ATL or CGT and they get paid more on the mile and hour and the cost of living is pretty close, WHY?? When we was AF everybody made the same no matter where you was. Kinda like the Master Freight agreement years ago my Dad was punished for living in the southern conference and made a cheaper wage than the guys up North. Never understood and still don't. Just my opinion and it don't mean squat anyway. Only two things stopping you ole pal FEAR and ATMOSPHERE come on out to the better life, but remember our great(haha)president called us CLINGERS so be careful if you step up to the plate!Lol...

They wont pay us all the same because they save millions and millions doing it this way.They want to be the premier carrier but not pay like it. At my center only a few senior guys even care,most people arent engaged enough to realize they are being screwed.

You picked to live there, and I picked to live here, I lived in so calif back in the early 70's ....
so ..go see Cal go see Cal and get you a pickup and pack your trash and come buy a place here, It ain't so bad living in the sticks..:36::1036316054:

But so many of the left coasters have moved here ..its not the sticks anymore. And you couldn't pay me enough to move to the big city.

are we having fun yet ???

are you old enough to remember the jingle I'm singing here .....
It's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!!

You can thank some bean counter who came up with this idea years ago. It didn't take long for everyone to jump on the bandwagon. As far as not knowing where California is, that's not surprising, you live in flyover country. TP, living in the eighth largest economy in the world, California.

You can thank some bean counter who came up with this idea years ago. It didn't take long for everyone to jump on the bandwagon. As far as not knowing where California is, that's not surprising, you live in flyover country. TP, living in the eighth largest economy in the world, California.
Ah California, that state with the 16 billion dollar budget deficit, and business's fleeing like cockroaches because of over regulation! Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there:)

I didn't get a raise in my pension check, but I did get a 3% increase in my SS. Received my severance check in 2011, and my lawsuit check in 2012. Now I need a way to extract more funds from Freddy for next year. I'm open for suggestions so long as they don't require work. TP