FedEx Freight | "Realignment"

I don't know if this is rumor or fact but come September 1, FedEx freight, FedEx express, and FedEx ground will combine into one company.......

This is brilliant, a stroke of genius, should work like a charm. We can lose whole pallets of freight, so I don't see any reason whatsoever we could lose a small package or envelope.:hysterical:

From what we have heard is that there is to be a major reduction in management. Also if you have 80 points you will be offered a buy out. The way you get 80 points is take your age plus years of service. As of right now all we've heard is that its for Express only though. But yes it will be coming down this fall.

Wouldnt shock me at all. Reduction in management well would explain uncle frank and. Big bad brad hopin over to vitran!!!!

In an article a few weeks ago they were talking about how Fedex could reduce costs by having a single driver doing all parcels instead of an express and ground driver. I thought it said FedEx corp was looking at ways to combine some of that, but really can't see them bringing all of those contractors on as employees.

If something like that where to happen what makes you think they would get rid of the contractors. Ground is by far the most profitable division of fedex.

ok ok calm down people all their doing is calling everything fedex their getting away from all the division names for customers reasons makes it easier to ship something if you just want to fedex it kinda like ups yea they have a freight division but people just refer to ups and just that and thats what fedex wants to do now

In an article a few weeks ago they were talking about how Fedex could reduce costs by having a single driver doing all parcels instead of an express and ground driver. I thought it said FedEx corp was looking at ways to combine some of that, but really can't see them bringing all of those contractors on as employees.
I can.Its just another way fedex can stick it those of us that have been here forever.They will count the years that they have in as contractors and dovetail them in over company guys.Bend over for your next injection.Hell I fell like I'm in elementary school again.Every two years you get a shot in the ass you you don't like.