Yellow | Really WHY can't we make money ?

This company manipulates itself to get what it wants. When are people gonna realize we are being operated by dishonest leaches?

They already did. I see the evidence of it daily. ( The fork lift blades through the freight.)

Mud and some of his fellow Roadway Albuquerque city drivers, decided at the end of 2008 that it was time to retire. I think we made the right decision.

@Jimmykansas

They aren't making money because it costs too much to move the box from point A to point B. That's it in a nutshell. Fix that and the company will make a profit.
OK, you say they're losing money because it costs too much to move the freight and I say it's because they don't charge enough for the service they are providing. Let's see where this goes. We can't claim that they are wasting money on buying new equipment. They can't control real estate expenses, utility expenses, fuel costs or repair bills. Where can they cut so they are not spending too much money on moving the box from point A to point B?

OK, you say they're losing money because it costs too much to move the freight and I say it's because they don't charge enough for the service they are providing. Let's see where this goes. We can't claim that they are wasting money on buying new equipment. They can't control real estate expenses, utility expenses, fuel costs or repair bills. Where can they cut so they are not spending too much money on moving the box from point A to point B?

B O N U S $$$ .where else can they cut you ask? Why employee wages of course! Especially when they will vote it right in.

You could also add to the list of expenses, damaged freight, phony comp claims, people actually working 5 hours out of a 10 hour shift. outdated work rules. And also, hauling too much national account frt. like Walmart, and Home Depot, poor management of manhours by dispatch, and dock supervisors, doing business with too many 3rd party freight brokers, not charging the proper accessorial charges, a linehaul operation that thinks they are GOD, and does not look at each individual terminals needs to get the freight moved on time.

You could also add to the list of expenses, damaged freight, phony comp claims, people actually working 5 hours out of a 10 hour shift. outdated work rules. And also, hauling too much national account frt. like Walmart, and Home Depot, poor management of manhours by dispatch, and dock supervisors, doing business with too many 3rd party freight brokers, not charging the proper accessorial charges, a linehaul operation that thinks they are GOD, and does not look at each individual terminals needs to get the freight moved on time.

In other words you are saying Upper Management is not doing their Job!!! Everything you said falls on Upper Management. Don't need any more new Work Rules. How about just enforcing what is in place...

When upper management gets raises...bonus's... stock options or other forms of compensation (disgraceful when incompetent at their jobs) while labor keeps taking concessions willingly. When will we learn to stick up for yourself!!!

In other words you are saying Upper Management is not doing their Job!!! Everything you said falls on Upper Management. Don't need any more new Work Rules. How about just enforcing what is in place...

When upper management gets raises...bonus's... stock options or other forms of compensation (disgraceful when incompetent at their jobs) while labor keeps taking concessions willingly. When will we learn to stick up for yourself!!!

I am saying both sides need to fix some things.

511 OT all week and not enough trailers / breakouts to go around . OS&D freight loaded on trailers and put in yard. Big wheels came to visit!!!! It's a dog and pony show

poor management, simple, non union ltls dispatchers, terminal managers all make less money, and are held to a higher standard, oh and ceos don't get huge bonuses for losing money. this i the only ltl i have ever seen were management is put ahead of employees that create revenue, as management creates nothing they are just a liability.

This is another big waste, two terminals run to the same terminal on a turn, it takes to much effort to look at the freight and send them back home, they send each of them to the other terminal, so then they can bobtail each one back home. this cost them at least 30 dollars each time, and they do it constantly. if you bring this to their attention they will huff and puff and change it, but the next day same thing. this is going on system wide, and nobody in upper management cares, or they are trying to loose money.

I agree but it seems the labor side is the one's giving up the most. Ultimately every decision falls back on management that effects operations and finances.

Management has their screw-ups, I agree. But it is not management who damages freight, milks the clock, and sits around complaining that they cannot do this stop or it is not my job type of thing, or some phony light duty BS. Sad thing is, I saw just this last week they are trying to hire back supervisors who either quit, or were let go 5 years ago to fill vacancies. Most of the good management people will not come back.

Management has their screw-ups, I agree. But it is not management who damages freight, milks the clock, and sits around complaining that they cannot do this stop or it is not my job type of thing, or some phony light duty BS. Sad thing is, I saw just this last week they are trying to hire back supervisors who either quit, or were let go 5 years ago to fill vacancies. Most of the good management people will not come back.

Everything you have said here may be true...But it still falls back onto management. If They are doing their job then what you say would not be happening.

I'm thinking of starting a commercial tow service next to the Indy terminal. I've never seen so many tractors on hook in & out of that terminal. Guess it's cheaper to keep band-aiding that junk up then buy new ones. With constant breakage you would think it would be cheaper to buy new.

It's just like when you go to the local car dealer to buy a new ride. They want a down payment to extend credit, and it doesn't sound like the have anything to put down...