Yellow | Really WHY can't we make money ?

Its hard to make money when paying bonuses to the board members & ceo is more important than putting money into the company and the employees.

If your part of the disaster that is YRCW this is required reading! It's from 2011 but it really pin points why we're in the mess we're in.
LTL TRAFFIC.COM: Bill Zollars should have been fired years ago

Bill sat in front of a camera to address the company with Jim Staley, who looked like he needed oxygen due to all of it being sucked out of the room by Zollars. I remember watching that video very well, It was the beginning of the end for a really good run company! :Violin:

@Jimmykansas

They aren't making money because it costs too much to move the box from point A to point B. That's it in a nutshell. Fix that and the company will make a profit.

OK, you say they're losing money because it costs too much to move the freight and I say it's because they don't charge enough for the service they are providing. Let's see where this goes. We can't claim that they are wasting money on buying new equipment. They can't control real estate expenses, utility expenses, fuel costs or repair bills. Where can they cut so they are not spending too much money on moving the box from point A to point B?
Sheesh, I got a lot of answers to my question but still waiting to hear from EX396 on this one.

Sheesh, I got a lot of answers to my question but still waiting to hear from EX396 on this one.

You can start by reducing the number of times the box has to be touched between point A and B. Additional handling cost money in both labor and damages. Then you can reduce the number of people involved babysitting the people moving the freight. In order for that to happen you need people who don't require as much babysitting. Get rid of many of the babysitters watching the babysitters. It starts at the TOP and the BOTTOM and meets in the middle.

Then you can reduce the number of people involved babysitting the people moving the freight. In order for that to happen you need people who don't require as much babysitting. Get rid of many of the babysitters watching the babysitters. It starts at the TOP and the BOTTOM and meets in the middle.
Roadway was onto this. It was called empowerment. Teamsters working without supervision.

To many excuses for for the theives that are running this company!!! Incompetent of running a business, but very talented at stealing money and making it legit on paper!!!! Nothing that comes out of their mouths is true!!! Nothing that they do is for the betterment of this company, only there personal bank accounts!!! They could care less about any of us or our family's!!! Make all the excuses for them ya want, to me there is no excuse other than the fact that they suck at everything they do besides stealing money!!!

Ok after seeing the 1st Qrt numbers, with the Regional O.R. of 98.3% and YRC O.R. 104.3% , and with 3 of the 4 companies making money and still can't show a profit ??? so WHAT is WRONG with YRC why they can't make money ?? or is it that they never want to show a profit to keep us voting yes ?? and so goes the numbers game !!! plus kinda thinking they should get another BONUS for the bad 1st Qrt numbers too !!! ********

I just talked to relay!!! They said we cannot make any$$$ because of the YRCF driver shortage??? There are too many of them on TB posting and not coming to work!!!!

1. running empties when partials sit there, what about basic economics, the principle of marginal utility?
2. too much management that does nothing, sees nothing.
3. ADO and v.p.s that see nothing and do nothing.
4. poorly executed city runs
5. nepotism, favoritism and cronyism, ot for no reason for my brownies
6 useless work, pulling empties away from dock on ot, using to to put them back tomorrow
7. no maintenance
8. breakdowns of old equiptment.
9. trailers that produce claims, damaged and leaking inside, jagged edges everywhere.
10 management having little real work, but needing an assistant for it
11. no labor cost control, many stay ot, self authorized, based on their need or wants, not on work volume
12. sort and segregate work.
13. computers that wont work, forklifts that wont start or run.
14. destructive casuals, destroying half, losing the rest.
15. sitting 4-6 hours some places, while they run the stuff off their line and crate it.
16. toleration of endless waste in management.
17. toleration of waste in brownies, jogging, shopping, loafing, feeding cats or whatever on the clock.
18. large shippers loading 15-20 partials, paying ot and double-time to pick them up
19. failing to document damages at origin
20. punishment runs, and screwing certain men with crap work all the time.
21. sales calls? except for a couple, we see them everyday, hovering around management like flies on poop.
22. keeping our city drivers/ allowing our city drivers to stay out too late to make good loADS

23. Bonuses for non-performance
24. Increased board pay for non-performance
25. Morale is low, like the pay. Pay the best, you can retain the best and fire the rest.

26. Treating this as a personal kingdom for managment, rather than a business to be managed, with costs to be controlled.

27 LIES, HALF TRUTHS AND DECEITS FROM THE COMPANY, WITH SUSPICIONS OF IBT COMPLICITY.
28. BIlling is still wrong.
29. entitlements-some have to have 12 hours minimum.
30 mechanics that either cannot or will not fix the worn out stuff we have
31. towing our junk around
32. unsafe practices created by management

27 LIES, HALF TRUTHS AND DECEITS FROM THE COMPANY, WITH SUSPICIONS OF IBT COMPLICITY.
28. BIlling is still wrong.
29. entitlements-some have to have 12 hours minimum.
30 mechanics that either cannot or will not fix the worn out stuff we have
31. towing our junk around
32. unsafe practices created by management

You left out drivers that can't/won't deliver/pick up the freight in a timely manner.:poster_oops:

33. micromanagement
34 persecution of some
35 inability to deal with people, venting personal frustrations on available labor
36. NO ACCOUNTABILITY FROM THE UNION, LOCALLY OR AT THE IBT.
37. COMPANY IS ALLOWED BY LOCAL TO VIOLATE LAW AND CONTACT, EVEN WHEN THIS IS A BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE.

33. micromanagement
34 persecution of some
35 inability to deal with people, venting personal frustrations on available labor
36. NO ACCOUNTABILITY FROM THE UNION, LOCALLY OR AT THE IBT.
37. COMPANY IS ALLOWED BY LOCAL TO VIOLATE LAW AND CONTACT, EVEN WHEN THIS IS A BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE.

So what is your point???

A company can not remain in business with 10 consecutive years of losing money. It is impossible to achieve that type of failure for a sustained period of time and not be profitable to someone or something. I said that to say this. SOMEONE IS MAKING MONEY........( Get The Picture )

Yellow and Roadway had lots of assets that for the most part were paid for. So basically the assets have been dumped unfortunately at bargin basement prices due to the recession(Bill Zollars caught with pants down) to keep YRC afloat. The YRC name came about for more write offs strange how the IRS works but the brands Yellow and Roadway had a pretty healthy value by themselves that was shown as a charge off multiple times. These companies were raided of their assets thru the back door. Today we have pension liabilities and a large unsecured debt the banks will let it continue as long as the cash to them keeps coming because there is no assets left if they close it down. If you want to see the profits of YRCW look at the money paid to the banks!!!

A company can not remain in business with 10 consecutive years of losing money. It is impossible to achieve that type of failure for a sustained period of time and not be profitable to someone or something. I said that to say this. SOMEONE IS MAKING MONEY........( Get The Picture )
Exactly..they are making money.I have never seen any company in the history of industry in the US. Stay in business so long.If there wasn't a lot of money being made and exchanging hands.It just doesn't happen