XPO | Remember Overnite?

What would u say the i f the union actually did get those drivers what they want? Would options Chang then .? Just a thought.

Call me whatever you like......BTW.....It's spelled......Overnite......You guys think Conway will just roll over.....Let me assure you they have a hell of a lot more money than the Teamsters...And are you so foolish that you believe the board doesn't have the money already set aside for this fight. If this gets off the ground which I don't think it will. You will go crawling back with your tail between your legs........Sadly the money they use will affect the operation ratio....But you are messing with men's ego's.....Powerful men......The Teamsters money for this fight (if it ever gets off the ground) will come from you and your members in fighting a lost cause.

May I ask you to explain just how, when, and from exactly which bargaining unit you are referring to in the last paragraph? I am all ears on this one. The entertainment value will go through the roof!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

What would u say the i f the union actually did get those drivers what they want? Would options Chang then .? Just a thought.

For some maybe. What about those guys that got their healthcare paid but the other guys that wanted retirement and didn't get it? You are not going to please everybody no matter what you do.

May I ask you to explain just how, when, and from exactly which bargaining unit you are referring to in the last paragraph? I am all ears on this one. The entertainment value will go through the roof!

Do you think this is some fun game? I was in Memphis when the Local 667 initiated the strike....I lived that 3 year ordeal...Are you some young stewart that finds this funny? Trying to show the power of the Teamsters....This is no game. You are messing with men's money and my young brother things get real ugly fast.....I will not become confrontation with you....I shouldn't have never started this thread because I was too involved in the Overnite campaign... Too much emotion that is hard to rise above....Have you ever been in a strike? Probably not....I hope Conway bargains in good faith....I pray they do for all the good Conway people....But when the attorneys get at the table my brother its a whole new ball game...Conway knows right now what they are willing to give...Do you think the attorneys will be bullied by the Teamsters? Everyone thinks I'm anti-union but I'm not....I'm neither left or right....I hate these labels people use....What I am is a man that knows how this system works....Just answer this one question....Why couldn't the Teamsters secure a contract after 3 damn years? Because Overnite failed to bargain in good faith.....I pray Conway doesn't take that path....Because if they do its going to get real ugly....Real Fast.....This could work out and Conway may bargain in good faith. But from their track record they like to play hardball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think this is some fun game? I was in Memphis when the Local 667 voted to strike....I lived that 3 year ordeal...Are you some young stewart that finds this funny? Trying to show the power of the Teamsters....This is no game. You are messing with men's money and my young brother things get real ugly fast.....I will not become confrontation with you....I shouldn't have never started this thread because I was too involved in the Overnite campaign... Too much emotion that is hard to rise above....Have you ever been in a strike? Probably not....I hope Conway bargains in good faith....I pray they do for all the good Conway people....But when the attorneys get at the table my brother its a whole new ball game...Conway knows right now what they are willing to give...Do you think the attorneys will be bullied by the Teamsters? Everyone thinks I'm anti-union but I'm not....I'm neither left or right....I hate these labels people use....What I am is a man that knows how this system works....Just answer this one question....Why couldn't the Teamsters secure a contract after 3 damn years? Because Overnite failed to bargain in good faith.....I pray Conway doesn't take that path....Because if they do its going to get real ugly....Real First.....This could work out and Conway may bargain in good faith. But from their track record they like to play hardball.

I have been a Teamster for over 28 years. NMFA and Construction. A steward for almost 20. It is no game for sure. I have been on strike. My company in '94. I walked the picket lines at UPS and Overnite and have been involved in ambulatory pickets against the same company. There is no point in answering the question you asked. You did a fine job on your own. True, Conway knows what they are wiling to give and they know they can give a lot more. They do not want a long, drawn out mess of this organizing campaign. The market is volatile and the fallout from customer loss would devastate them. The employees do have some leverage. Remember all the freight sitting around the Overnite terminals after the strike in '94? Unable to provide the service promised customers of those proud union carriers whose workers were on strike? That sure gave Overnite a black eye and if you remember. I am still curious about the monetary comment you made in the post I questioned. You never answered my question.

Teamsters Strike Shuts Down 22 Trucking Firms - Los Angeles Times

I have been a Teamster for over 28 years. NMFA and Construction. A steward for almost 20. It is no game for sure. I have been on strike. My company in '94. I walked the picket lines at UPS and Overnite and have been involved in ambulatory pickets against the same company. There is no point in answering the question you asked. You did a fine job on your own. True, Conway knows what they are wiling to give and they know they can give a lot more. They do not want a long, drawn out mess of this organizing campaign. The market is volatile and the fallout from customer loss would devastate them. The employees do have some leverage. Remember all the freight sitting around the Overnite terminals after the strike in '94? Unable to provide the service promised customers of those proud union carriers whose workers were on strike? That sure gave Overnite a black eye and if you remember. I am still curious about the monetary comment you made in the post I questioned. You never answered my question.

I remember the freight sitting on the dock like yesterday...Remember I was a dispatcher that had my tires slashed twice......To answer your question would not be productive to keeping things civil...I should have rephrased it anyway and besides some things are better left unsaid....I truly understand you.... Lets just wait and see how the bargaining goes and not borrow trouble....Maybe Conway will do the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
From talking to my fellow brothers, (that walked the line at overnite in the 90's ) they have many stories, that I would not with on anyone person. But we will all see in the near future, how bad the workers at conway want a better way of life, corprate greed is at a all time high. It wilk take a strong outcoming of conway drivers to make this happen. Remember this qoute "I'd rather die on my feet, then live on my knees". Stay strong

From talking to my fellow brothers, (that walked the line at overnite in the 90's ) they have many stories, that I would not with on anyone person. But we will all see in the near future, how bad the workers at conway want a better way of life, corprate greed is at a all time high. It wilk take a strong outcoming of conway drivers to make this happen. Remember this qoute "I'd rather die on my feet, then live on my knees". Stay strong

This isn't about a better way of life. It's about giving the finger to the man.

I remember that 94 strike very well . The non unions couldn't handle it very good . Overnite had freight stacked to the sealing unable to deliver, lost damaged what ever . It actually cost them in the way of lost and damaged freight and unable to deliver on time . What happen after the strike was over the customers were like a bunch of happy puppy dogs to see us bump their docks again . They were not one bit impressed with the nons and how they were unable to handle their business . Ya cold see the relief in knowing that things were about to get normal again . So yeah 222 I can relate .

Just a quick question to all the union guys. I just talked to a buddy of mine whose dad is a retired teamster. He informed me that his dad's pension check (from the union) is going down. He told me it was only a $15 drop but, cost of living is going up and hes pension is going down? I have heard and been told that the union would get you more. A friend of mine is retired Conway drawing his pension and that has not gone down. I was just curious about this and all the hoopla about the great things the union does for you. Just another fly in the union ointment.

Did get me wrong, I am not bashing the union but I just was wondering.

Just a quick question to all the union guys. I just talked to a buddy of mine whose dad is a retired teamster. He informed me that his dad's pension check (from the union) is going down. He told me it was only a $15 drop but, cost of living is going up and hes pension is going down? I have heard and been told that the union would get you more. A friend of mine is retired Conway drawing his pension and that has not gone down. I was just curious about this and all the hoopla about the great things the union does for you. Just another fly in the union ointment.

Did get me wrong, I am not bashing the union but I just was wondering.

Question, how much is the retired Teamster drawing and how much is the retired Conway drawing? Are either in SS benefits yet? COLA and a reduction? 13th check maybe? The CabLizzard may be around to answer this.

Question, how much is the retired Teamster drawing and how much is the retired Conway drawing? Are either in SS benefits yet? COLA and a reduction? 13th check maybe? The CabLizzard may be around to answer this.

Lifer, I don't know the specifics and to tell yo the truth, it really isn't my business to ask the guys about their retirement. I am not like that. Now if someone wants to talk, I will listen but I am not the prying type. I just wondered. I know that the union pension is probably higher but if it is going down, how long can that last? My buddy just told me about that this morning and I was curious why.

Lifer, I don't know the specifics and to tell yo the truth, it really isn't my business to ask the guys about their retirement. I am not like that. Now if someone wants to talk, I will listen but I am not the prying type. I just wondered. I know that the union pension is probably higher but if it is going down, how long can that last? My buddy just told me about that this morning and I was curious why.

It would help to know what fund the retired Teamster is drawing.

I would say he is paying for supplemental insurance to medicaid, and the supplemental went up $15/mo. Once a retiree is eligible for medicaid then your Teamsters insurance ends. You can buy the Teamster supplemental plan if you want.

Most of my family worked for GM all their lives and the UAW plan works the same way. Once you are eligible for medicaid, the UAW insurance ends and you can purchase it as a supplemental if you want.

I would say he is paying for supplemental insurance to medicaid, and the supplemental went up $15/mo. Once a retiree is eligible for medicaid then your Teamsters insurance ends. You can buy the Teamster supplemental plan if you want.

Most of my family worked for GM all their lives and the UAW plan works the same way. Once you are eligible for medicaid, the UAW insurance ends and you can purchase it as a supplemental if you want.
Absolutely correct. Give that man a cigar.

My dad retired from yellow in 2009. 30 year cgb dockworker. His 3200 of month never went down, his insurance went up each year (just like everything in life), now that my dad and mom are at 65 yrs young, his check is alot bigger. So nice try to stir the pot

so does that still count as a "fly in the union ointment?" does conway offer insurance to retirees?

Funny you should ask.
Health insurance was employer paid-in-full after retirement until you received Medicare.
Conway took that away in 1994 or 1995. Maybe '96?
See a pattern here? It is systematic. Though our wages have trended upwards, we EARN less.

I never even considered that. Thank you.