XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

If they would have chosen better language like "soon" instead of by the end of March, this whole debacle would've been avoided.
I believe that they had a plan in place that wasn't sufficient after FedEx upped the anty and they knew there would be issues.
It said "We hope to". Maybe some should to read a little more closely.
Or did the upper management forget some of there employees are just dumb truck drivers. I guess next time they should use crayons and pictures to explain something

It said "We hope to". Maybe some should to read a little more closely.
Or did the upper management forget some of there employees are just dumb truck drivers. I guess next time they should use crayons and pictures to explain something
Oh where's my barf emoji....you know as good and well as I do, if they say "hope to by the end of March" and when the end of March come around and there is no communication, people start thinking too much. That's bad wording if you don't plan on keeping that schedule. Good grief.

Real gains? More like catching up to where pay should be. Linehaul drivers are typically compensated at a decent rate at the major carriers. The P&D drivers are underpaid. I can think of one outfit that values the driver that puts the freight on the linehaul trailers correctly: UPS.

I know these are apples and oranges ( in the case of UPS and LTL ) yet the fundamentals are similar.

1.) Train on a high level
2.) Pay on a high level
3.) Keep expectations on a high level
4.) Make your drivers THE centerpiece of what you do

When did LTL drivers ( even the union ones ) start accepting that P&D drivers should be paid less than linehaul drivers that have the exact same qualifications? That seems anti American an anti union. Work is work.

I don't know which is worth more or if one is worth more than the other , but if you are sending a driver in an out of businesses and putting them in front of customers , and they are doing paperwork , and have to know company policies and goals , shouldn't they be your best trained and best paid people?

Rant over.
UPS feeder drivers are compensated more than small package drivers!!! Work is work but work at odd times of the day is more stressful.

The one thing most forget is a company has to turn a profit to stay in business. If I was at YRC I would be more worried that the gates would be locked then here.
To many are getting uptight because the raises have not been announced yet and believe all the rumors they hear. I sure BJ and all the higher ups are having one hell of a good time reading all these whining post on TD and another social media site about it.
The days of staying at one company is long gone. Some do others don't. The only trust you need to have in a company is that they are turning a profit and paying you fairly for the work you do. When one of those two or both are becoming the norm then it's time to move on and before XPO bought Con-way we were heading in that direction though some will refuse to see it. When I came to Con-way years ago and saw all the free :::shit::: they gave everybody. The free food just because no one farted in the breakroom that week. I was shocked. We were spending money like a sailor on shore leave with no care in the world. Now that all the BS spending has stop and profits are up XPO is now the big bad evil company because you raise was not put out on Friday.

"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before"
Dwight D Eisenhower

This isn’t a rumor, I could start a couple from it though.

Yesterday during our preshift meeting we were told that a persons reaction time talking on the phone was worse that someone with a 0.08% alcohol content level. Today they say you can’t focus on driving and talk on you phone. Multitasking is impossible. Both of these supposedly came from the safety department. Start your rumors! What is the point of these two items?

Yesterday during our preshift meeting we were told that a persons reaction time talking on the phone was worse that someone with a 0.08% alcohol content level. Today they say you can’t focus on driving and talk on you phone. Multitasking is impossible. Both of these supposedly came from the safety department. Start your rumors! What is the point of these two items?
What the heck is a preshift meeting

A preshift meeting is about a two minute talk from manager to those starting their shift giving company fed talking points.

Ok, I’ll bite. I heard that we aren’t going to be allowed to talk on the phone or cb anymore and no eating or drinking either. And for those that do, strikes for you.

Ok, I’ll bite. I heard that we aren’t going to be allowed to talk on the phone or cb anymore and no eating or drinking either. And for those that do, strikes for you.
If audible noises make drivers react as though they're intoxicated , wouldn't that mean no handhelds talking to you while you are driving?

And how is hypocrisy defined if there are no cameras in management cars? ( not that hard to do AND there is allegedly a $500 million a year buget for tech company wide ) Leadership is not just telling people what to do - it also means you are willing to do it yourself.

Now tell them this. If I can't talk on a headsets then I can not have anyone in the truck with me and that includes new hires and trainees. When someone in you truck and you talk to them you will turn you head a look at them. Talking to someone is more distracting then talking to yourself is on a headset. Also remember no singing to the radio either.

If audible noises make drivers react as though they're intoxicated , wouldn't that mean no handhelds talking to you while you are driving?

And how is hypocrisy defined if there are no cameras in management cars? ( not that hard to do AND there is allegedly a $500 million a year buget for tech company wide ) Leadership is not just telling people what to do - it also means you are willing to do it yourself.
Then they need to take out the front end collision warning system. When it beeps it distractes me