XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

wCaAK7f.jpg

In all seriousness , the new safety protocol mentions food as a distraction to driving.
I don’t care anymore. If this is true I will not change anything I do. I’m tired of the nonsense of this place. I’ll get coached until I get fired. I will no longer allow these imbeciles and their actions to make me miserable. UPS, OD, Fed Ex doesn’t have cameras. And they are all hiring. I can afford the temporary pay cut.

I don’t care anymore. If this is true I will not change anything I do. I’m tired of the nonsense of this place. I’ll get coached until I get fired. I will no longer allow these imbeciles and their actions to make me miserable. UPS, OD, Fed Ex doesn’t have cameras. And they are all hiring. I can afford the temporary pay cut.
As old and close to retirement as I am, this is uncalled for. I won’t give’em this one if it materializes, I believe it will.

If you don't care about your job why do you stay? There is no one forcing you to stay here.

I guess some of you didn’t get it. I’m a linehaul driver. We start the best rumors. Get it? Rumor. I do know that you can’t talk on the phone or cb at Saia...

Just a serious question to anyone who might care to reply. You have, right in front of you, the solution to issues mentioned in this thread. A union contract will protect you from all the petty nonsense thrown at you by this company. It's job security, decent healthcare and a grievance process that will eliminate the possibiity of you becoming a casualty of an "at will" employer. I can't understand why anyone would not take the opportunity to have these protections without any risk.

Just a serious question to anyone who might care to reply. You have, right in front of you, the solution to issues mentioned in this thread. A union contract will protect you from all the petty nonsense thrown at you by this company. It's job security, decent healthcare and a grievance process that will eliminate the possibiity of you becoming a casualty of an "at will" employer. I can't understand why anyone would not take the opportunity to have these protections without any risk.
There is a thread on this site that is designed to address questions like this.
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/xpo-union-thread.76678/

Welcome to Trucking Boards. Don't be a stranger. Speak your mind even if you have a different opinion than everyone else.

Sysco/Cigna around here is union. They have driver facing cameras. If you want to do anything other than hold the wheel, you must pull over. No phones. No food or drinks. The union pushed it through. Safety was the reasoning.

Sysco/Cigna around here is union. They have driver facing cameras. If you want to do anything other than hold the wheel, you must pull over. No phones. No food or drinks. The union pushed it through. Safety was the reasoning.
Same with Marathon Petroleum ( Speedway convenience stores ) tanker drivers. Zero tolerance - even for bluetooth headsets. And they have drivecams. On a phone in ANY WAY from what a driver told me and its bye bye.

Same with Marathon Petroleum ( Speedway convenience stores ) tanker drivers. Zero tolerance - even for bluetooth headsets. And they have drivecams. On a phone in ANY WAY from what a driver told me and its bye bye.

If we were " pro " posters this would be the part where we blast everyone for spreading misinformation and demand they get educated because they are all a bunch of liars and so on.

I'm OK with that. What I don't like is as I said before, the unnecessary nitpicking over the trivial things.