XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

Tipping point has been met. A mass exodus is the result. I got 10 years and have moved up 10 spots already. Guys under me quitting too, of course. At least another dozen waiting for their call. Another dozen looking for other things to line up. Probably gonna lose around 20 more. Some people will change their minds and stay after they see who all has left. No one wants to wait around until we get sold again. No one wants to try to find a job in the winter months. Many reasons to leave, few reasons to stay. People got families. Can't afford to stay here and have it go bad or get worse. Which seems a guarantee at this point.

Virtually all of the " pro " guys voted with their feet. They are at UPS now.

Where is XCO? Does anyone know where to get a list of terminals along with their corresponding terminal codes? Looked all over and I can't find it anywhere.

They fled to a union carrier.....interesting.

They wanted union jobs and they have them. Better wages. Paid health care. Pension. Put 10 years into the pension and you retire with medical. Also, seniority is respected and protected. These are the things they were all talking about when they were counting down their last days here.

And I realize they gave up the fight at Con-way/XPO. But it doesn't feel like they are running or fleeing. They want something and it's readily available to them. So they have it. Staying here and trying to unionize something for another 10 years wasn't as appealing as filling out an application and having it all given to them right now.

They wanted union jobs and they have them. Better wages. Paid health care. Pension. Put 10 years into the pension and you retire with medical. Also, seniority is respected and protected. These are the things they were all talking about when they were counting down their last days here.

And I realize they gave up the fight at Con-way/XPO. But it doesn't feel like they are running or fleeing. They want something and it's readily available to them. So they have it. Staying here and trying to unionize something for another 10 years wasn't as appealing as filling out an application and having it all given to them right now.
You did not go to UPS Highspeeds...why?

You did not go to UPS Highspeeds...why?

I tried. This spring. I have worked for UPS before. Not re-hirable. I understand that there is an appeal process. Got to write a letter and explain yourself. But I was a different person then. I don't remember much of it. Hardly remember being there at all. Let alone how it came to be that I stopped working there. Makes it hard to give an explanation of events.

I tried. This spring. I have worked for UPS before. Not re-hirable. I understand that there is an appeal process. Got to write a letter and explain yourself. But I was a different person then. I don't remember much of it. Hardly remember being there at all. Let alone how it came to be that I stopped working there. Makes it hard to give an explanation of events.

Ain't that the truth. If I interviewed as the person I was 40 years ago, I couldn't get hired as a lamp post.

Just hiring for hirings sake. It doesn't matter where you can find drivers. If a driver is available, they are going to hire him.

Not to discredit the post, but I find it hard to believe that they're hiring 45! It takes them a month at my barn to hire ONE! Can anybody confirm this? And, I agree that they'll hire anybody to fill that seat.

Stacking the odds.

It's been my experience that new drivers are more likely to support a union than senior guys. They have nothing to lose, especially in this market. Senior guys that I know value their pay rate and everything that their seniority has to offer, especially their start time.