Yellow | Rumor or Fact? You be the judge.

Conspiracy Theory

Dosn't it strick everyone odd that at the merger all of a sudden two computor systems that have worked fine for years all of a sudden are shutting down at 10 am everyday and that all of the trailers in Yellows computors somehow got wiped out. I have reason to believe that someone who had access to the computor system and either was going to or already lost there job, bugged the computor system to shut down and wiped out information in the system. The lost trailers that took sometimes 2 weeks to find is the reason YRC lost 30% of it's business not the merger itself. Customers left in droves. There needs to be an investigation into this by the FBI and find out who sabotaged the computor system.

Dosn't it strick everyone odd that at the merger all of a sudden two computor systems that have worked fine for years all of a sudden are shutting down at 10 am everyday and that all of the trailers in Yellows computors somehow got wiped out. I have reason to believe that someone who had access to the computor system and either was going to or already lost there job, bugged the computor system to shut down and wiped out information in the system. The lost trailers that took sometimes 2 weeks to find is the reason YRC lost 30% of it's business not the merger itself. Customers left in droves. There needs to be an investigation into this by the FBI and find out who sabotaged the computor system.

A computer is only as good as the person who operates it!!:biglaugh:

Nope, if the integration wasn't done right then there will be continual problems. My wife has been involved in an integration at her company and they still run into problems 6 months after the fact. She has had to go and do physical inventories to get the info needed in order to get rid of the old system. I don't think the coders had the time to test everything.

Smilkman, sounds like you know more about what happened than I. If there truly was sabotage there should be an investigation and the FBI would be the agency to conduct it. Many lives have been disrupted by the resulting loss of business. It would be great to see justice done.

Hope all is well with you. Send me a pix of you and your cowboy hat.

There were compatibility issues that did not come up in discussion here. They have been worked out for the most part. The generalized discussion seemed to cover the basics at the time, so I did not see any reason to inflame the problem anymore, by relating more specific information on it.

No super secret program sabotage or anything like that. Just poor implementation planning by the people in charge of the roll out. This is something we all knew. The problems resulted in significantly higher expenses related to moving the freight as well as loss of goodwill. This is also something we all knew. Now its over, the wounds are healing.

saw that coming

...No super secret program sabotage or anything like that. Just poor implementation planning by the people in charge of the roll out. This is something we all knew. The problems resulted in significantly higher expenses related to moving the freight as well as loss of goodwill. This is also something we all knew. Now its over, the wounds are healing.
Not only knew it , but predicted it.