Yellow | Rumor or Fact you be the judge !

Any one hear this Rumor?????

That Ups is the big investor, that the T.M. were talking about when they pulled 10 drivers in at a time, to talk to them about the vote. The new Ups Commerical with Logistics? If Ups bought YRC they could have the biggest empire in the world, in both package (which they already have now) and LTL.

Thats why YRC needs more concessions
Its a rumor that we are all hearing alot!!!! YRC has the most professional drivers in the LTL industry, the average age for an employee at YRC is 50 years old, with at least 20 years under their belt of experience. Most are clean cut and would fit in good with Ups.

What would Fred Smith do then???? (CEO of Fed Ex)

One could only wish, Like I said its a rumor, but alot are talking!!!

Any thoughts?????

We've been hearing UPS wants to buy Rdwy since the Roadway Services/Roadway Express split, sounds like a rerun to me......................

Heard it from a night shift dockman

That he got if from a day shift hostler who got it from a city driver who got it from a linehaul secretary who also gave it to three other road drivers... the herpes...:biglaugh:

im sure there will be plenty of sweating going on in md. today and tomorrow.
the tj and his little group hangin with the yrc upper managment . all red faces and fearing that they couldnt control their men this time .
i was told last time it was a no vote right down to the last few districks being counted . i wont mention what states or area's it was that turned to vote to a yes . but since that vote yrc has managed to **** those guys off too. I believe they have since broken up many terminals from those once yes areas plus the chicago votes . maybe by monday we will all find out what plan B realy is ......
yrc is getting the plane tickets ready to log another million miles to fly all those VPS from term. to term. again to tell us OK this is it. vote yes this time or else.

USF Redway and New Penn voted it down according to my sources.....Hold on its going to get bumpy...

Is Reddeway voting like New Penn independantly? That's news to me.
What are your sources and besides i thought the count would be done by tomorrow...

What stall at the Pilot did you get this ground breaking news from ?:438: :Poke:

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/yrcw/4454-yrcw-vote-count-under-way.html

I don't hang out in the stalls at the pilot! Perhaps there is something you wish to share with us R-14....Hey don't show hate and attack the messenger.. If I am wrong tell me about it tomorrow....Funny we are the only transportation stock that is tanking to day... Probably the big boys know the deal also....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hang out in the stalls at the pilot! Perhaps there is something you wish to share with us R-14....Hey don't show hate and attack the messenger.. If I am wrong tell me about it tomorrow....

Well you have a 50% chance at being right or wrong so please inform us now you source ? Our provide a link .

yrc is getting the plane tickets ready to log another million miles to fly all those VPS from term. to term. again to tell us OK this is it. vote yes this time or else.

no need to waste that money, they already said what plan b was, (isn't one) only difference is instead of shutting down Nov 1 its been pushed off to January 11th. won't matter though, customers will dump us as soon as the 'no' news is out, so I can see another huge round of layoffs

funny we can see another huge round of lay offs if this is passed . either way most will lose

no need to waste that money, they already said what plan b was, (isn't one) only difference is instead of shutting down Nov 1 its been pushed off to January 11th. won't matter though, customers will dump us as soon as the 'no' news is out, so I can see another huge round of layoffs

If I remember right a few months back ABF teamsters voted down their concessions and I didn't hear about them losing any customers over it...

If I remember right a few months back ABF teamsters voted down their concessions and I didn't hear about them losing any customers over it...

We just got a major customer back that we lost the beginning of September to UPS Freight. They must not know about the vote.

I didn't recall the ABF vote being "vote yes or shut it down". Customers won't want their freight held up in a potential closing, so if the message in the market, like the stock review from Stiffel is YRC is gonna shut down, the pickups will dwindle.

I am going to move this over to the rumor or fact thread since no link or further info was provided . Anyone can start a thread saying the results are YES or NO and have a 50% chance of being right .