XPO | Rumors

Any layoffs of drivers's will be from the bottom up like always's. not hand picked by somebody
They haven't always gone by seniority when economically terminating dsrs. If that was the case, I would have been gone 11 or 12 yrs ago. Not trying to throw punches here, just pointing out the obvious. There are guys who know they're worthless, and are perfectly comfortable remaining that way, believing their seniority guarantees their employment. These are the kind of guys crippling this company. I'm all about seniority, it's basically all we have. But for the dsrs who hide behind their seniority, perfectly content with always letting others carry them, bullshit. And this is not directed at some of the older guys who have just gotten a little slower with time.

They haven't always gone by seniority when economically terminating dsrs. If that was the case, I would have been gone 11 or 12 yrs ago. Not trying to throw punches here, just pointing out the obvious. There are guys who know they're worthless, and are perfectly comfortable remaining that way, believing their seniority guarantees their employment. These are the kind of guys crippling this company. I'm all about seniority, it's basically all we have. But for the dsrs who hide behind their seniority, perfectly content with always letting others carry them, :horseshit:. And this is not directed at some of the older guys who have just gotten a little slower with time.
I have been through 2 layoffs, they went from bottom up starting at the regular board, when it comes to flex or guys not turned regular, they kept some and let others go

In fact they have already laid guys off at some barns, dock workers and some drivers, from bottom. But look, they are going to need drivers soon, it is just slow, this is a mute point

Exactly. As a driver, the only thing we have to worry about is compensation. This guy will find us work. My only concern is him gutting the pay scale and turning this place into Central Transport.

Exactly! Your both working more efficiently, but the handheld tells a different story. Thats why their stupid numbers game and score card, never tells the true story. Also, Ive only seen a handful of drivers that are useless. For the most part, I look around and see most everyone busting their asses
every terminal is the same you have a few excellent workers a few un-excellent workers and every one else falls somewhere in between and as the ol saying goes we remember bad and forget the good

Cross dock production was ridiculous, 5 guys standing around with 1 guy on forklift and they would have loads to go with, That ticked me off to no end, We would complain to sector FOS, FOM, TM Regional Manager's, nothing would happen, They didn't care, and if they would let us leave then the guys on a short run would complain...
Maybe they don't like finks either.

When the coffe stops watch production drop like a rock. No coffee is like no diesel, the transportion industry cannot run without it. I would not believe everything you hear. I have heard that all non essential spending is being cut off until the end of the year. Coffee is ABSOLUTELY essential.
it's not, my service center has only had free coffee for about 3 years .used to have a vending machine , In my opinion they can keep the coffee , cakes , plaques , picnics's, parties , and all the other BS just pay me more than our competitors , I'm here to earn a paycheck not party.

Some do. Dock workers are judged a lot on mm. Our outbound guys sign stuff on and leave it outside the door all the time. Drives me nuts and people run the stuff over causing damage. Nobody wants to hear it so I stopped talking about it. Nothing new though, been like that since the mobil sco came out.
there are two guys at night who are famous for scanning freight into trailer but actually docked it ,so it shows up on their mm's count then i scan it on trailer as well. so if they ever did an audit on that the mm's from the night it will always exceed actual mm's available

I don't understand why they keep the location of the layoffs so hidden. Anytime I've heard of a company laying off people they've said where they laid them off and their position. It seems like XPO wants to hide it; they didn't really disclose the previous layoffs and haven't really disclosed these ones either.

I did find one gem on the Facebook page that some marketing person for our company posted.

I like how this DSR posted publicly about his concerns. Some guys have balls.

aHYu9QN.png

Here's what I like

S12WBVV.png

Also, I don't know about you guys but when I look at my scorecard on the XPO(Con-way) Dashboard it errors out. So who knows whether its actually keeping track or not. If we go to a performance bonus based on MM's I can for see quite a bit of disputes being erupted. I can see people scanning headloads off and scanning them back on.

Our manager said not to worry about motor moves. They know if your being productive or not. There will be days you have many moves and days not so many. Do a good job and let the motor moves fall where they may. We were not talking about reship.
I've never worried about motor moves. Never do 10 per hour. Never been told I'm slow or to hurry up. I take care of the customers freight, and try to set up the next shipment to be loaded with decks or straps etc.

I've never worried about motor moves. Never do 10 per hour. Never been told I'm slow or to hurry up. I take care of the customers freight, and try to set up the next shipment to be loaded with decks or straps etc.

If everyone had this mentality and did this I think things would go a whole lot smoother on our nightly crossdock operations.

Dockworkers, drivers, and FOS's alike are all about getting those breakers broke and docking freight as quickly as possible. You can see it every night, unload a piece of freight and take it to a door they don't even look in the trailer to see if a rack is built or if they can load it. They automatically put it on the dock and scan it to the door.

Not to mention how some of these outbound dockworkers and city drivers blow out the dock and then shove freight in the trailers when its clock-out time and you come in for the FAC and your trailers are floor loaded cause the colostomy bags shove the ::shit:: in the trailer to clean the dock off to make their FOS happy.

If they didn't want to load it properly just leave the ::shit:: on the dock instead of making us backstrip the ****ing trailer before we can even begin loading more freight!

Corporate buyouts always come with growing pains. We probably won't see the full scale of the plan that they have until fall. They have a lot of work to do to be a more efficient company and I think it's a good start to get rid of some unnecessary management positions. Now they can work on getting rid of the company cars lol :tr10driving03:

If everyone had this mentality and did this I think things would go a whole lot smoother on our nightly crossdock operations.

Dockworkers, drivers, and FOS's alike are all about getting those breakers broke and docking freight as quickly as possible. You can see it every night, unload a piece of freight and take it to a door they don't even look in the trailer to see if a rack is built or if they can load it. They automatically put it on the dock and scan it to the door.
I know you're right. My general rule is, if there is a driver loading their own freight, as there often is at the fac's I go to, "where do you want it"? If they want it loaded, fine. If not, or if you need to set up a spot for it, the freight goes on the dock. If I'm breakin' and you're loading, I'm not going to take the time to drop racks. If n driver is loading a door, I'll do what I need to to work the freight in.
Of course, many do the "drop and run".

I think that explains why I had a hooked set come in, front box was showing 15,343 pounds, back box 11,155 pounds, but when I got to the scale house red light comes on, I pull in and they come onto loud speaker, Pull it around back. I was grossing 86,000 and 1800 over on drives.....Somebody didn't scan freight on, and they tried giving ME a letter....It got shredded

Speaking of rumors, I did hear they are taking out the vending machines and replacing them with some kind where you are able to put money on your card that you use to get in at gate or some card, and you will swipe it to by stuff, it wont be in a machine, it will be open. It will be on a TRUST system I guess, they trust that you will swipe your card when you grab a Pepsi and sandwich, kind of like a company store and a commissary in prison, where you put money on a card, I can't make this up, that is what I heard

I don't understand why they keep the location of the layoffs so hidden. Anytime I've heard of a company laying off people they've said where they laid them off and their position. It seems like XPO wants to hide it; they didn't really disclose the previous layoffs and haven't really disclosed these ones either.

I did find one gem on the Facebook page that some marketing person for our company posted.

I like how this DSR posted publicly about his concerns. Some guys have balls.

aHYu9QN.png

Here's what I like

S12WBVV.png

Also, I don't know about you guys but when I look at my scorecard on the XPO(Con-way) Dashboard it errors out. So who knows whether its actually keeping track or not. If we go to a performance bonus based on MM's I can for see quite a bit of disputes being erupted. I can see people scanning headloads off and scanning them back on.
I think Jacobs as a pretty tight knit group. I hear him refer to some of his management as his lieutenants.