Yellow | Rumors

UnionTrucka said:
Animo916 said:
I think we are working a skeleton crew July 3.

man, we had about 40-50 drivers working at our tm and they got flooded with frt. that day as well as all week. we had no empties ! unbelieveable ! they're bringing in the dock guys 2 hours early for next week. management got screwed big time.

We ended up working a full crew on the 3rd. Plus I had to start 2 hours early along with 2 other drivers on the 5th, 6th, and 7th.

Chicago Roadway said:
ok we just lost about 3 big shots in the driver/yard operation here in chicago fired over the last couple weeks, now we here our operations manager is transfering to 135(harrisburg) do not know what his title is yet.
Don't know if it's company wide policy or not but here at the 309 relay if you have over 20yrs. with the company you are a prime candidate to be ushered out the door. Our asst. relay mngr. was fired last week (25yrs.+/-). A couple of coordinators with over 20yrs. 2 or 3 weeks before that. There are only 2 people behind the window who were there when I hired in 18yrs. ago. The 19th of this month we're scheduled to move into the new building being built at the west end of the south dock. It wouldn't surprise me if those two aren't gone by then.

troubadour said:
Don't know if it's company wide policy or not but here at the 309 relay if you have over 20yrs. with the company you are a prime candidate to be ushered out the door. Our asst. relay mngr. was fired last week (25yrs.+/-). A couple of coordinators with over 20yrs. 2 or 3 weeks before that. There are only 2 people behind the window who were there when I hired in 18yrs. ago. The 19th of this month we're scheduled to move into the new building being built at the west end of the south dock. It wouldn't surprise me if those two aren't gone by then.
Sucks to be the boss and have some "dumb Teamster" keep his job, when he knows he's waaaaaaaay smarter than you are.:rofl2: :rofl2:

troubadour said:

Are they changing the layout of the terminal when they switch over? I saw some people looking and pointing in the yardc a couple of days ago. Hope they keep inbound and outbound within a 5 minute walk (unlike 321 and 424):(

Its the yellow way get rid of all the people with experience and replace with temps. Yellow would replace all the teamsters with 20 plus years and replace with the new breed of teamsters if they could

your so right golpher its really sad to see what we have become they know they have us by the bal--, Since only abf and us are the only teamsters left . And guys are being company whor__ . Falling right into their plan. Some of the stuff that goes on now, my old man was a teamster for 30 years yes he was not greedy got out and lived to enjoy his pension, said if the company men did these things back in the day they would get their knee caps broken. Well I would like to break many knee caps

ca kid said:
your so right golpher its really sad to see what we have become they know they have us by the bal--, Since only abf and us are the only teamsters left . And guys are being company whor__ . Falling right into their plan. Some of the stuff that goes on now, my old man was a teamster for 30 years yes he was not greedy got out and lived to enjoy his pension, said if the company men did these things back in the day they would get their knee caps broken. Well I would like to break many knee caps
My old man said the same. By the way only us and abf? theres more out there then that, just not as big.

AMINO 916 said "We ended up working a full crew on the 3rd. Plus I had to start 2 hours early along with 2 other drivers on the 5th, 6th, and 7th."

I never am required to start earlier than my start time, it's my choice weather to come in early if asked, not told. Is it different on the East coast wit rules?

bucksnort59 said:
AMINO 916 said "We ended up working a full crew on the 3rd. Plus I had to start 2 hours early along with 2 other drivers on the 5th, 6th, and 7th."

I never am required to start earlier than my start time, it's my choice weather to come in early if asked, not told. Is it different on the East coast wit rules?

im up the road from Animo and trust me, he was asked,, NOT REQUIRED, to come in early. same rules apply to everybody. im sure he'll be along shortly to clear this up.

I know at Bloomington they were drafting everyone they could get for a 7th punch and even every line haul driver that wanted to come in on the 4th was called, Nothing like triple time!!

bucksnort59 said:

When earlier than normal start times are needed, our steward goes to the shape list looking for volunteers. If no one volunteers, then the guys on the bottom of the shape are forced to cover the times starting in reverse seniority order. Being that I just got back to work from a 10 month stint on workers comp., I wasn't thrilled about volunteering for early starts just yet, but as luck would have it I was the third guy from the bottom of the shape list.

DS,
returned to work on June 19th. I go home each night in a good deal of pain, especially the shoulder and lower back, take a hot shower massage, and then just lay back, relax and wait for the next shift to start.

UnionTrucka said:
im up the road from Animo and trust me, he was asked,, NOT REQUIRED, to come in early. same rules apply to everybody. im sure he'll be along shortly to clear this up.

Look at the post above.
At first was asked, but when there were no volunteers it's a matter of going up the list from the bottom and forcing guys to cover the work.

I guess I'm just going on what our barn has for work rules. We're not required at any time to come in on other than our bid time. Of course a 10% or casual would have to be "required" to work on any bid time. Management has tried to have the casuals come in any time besides a bid time start but our hall has prevailed every time.

I always got a kick out of the guys that would whine about guys being on layoff but would suck up the OT like there was no tommorow

bucksnort59 said:
I always got a kick out of the guys that would whine about guys being on layoff but would suck up the OT like there was no tommorow
When men are in layoff, usually your bid isn't as good. I think as a group no one likes men in layoff. But the greed factor creeps in and the "lone ranger", "Independent Operator", in some people rears it's ugly head. DS.