SAIA | Saia in trouble??

come on drivers,how many times have you heard this b-4,,,its with all companys,im not going to pay my bills till i no it is correct,been there done that...keep on trucking:Violin::Violin:

Saia just had a bad quarter not the end of the world. The fuel costs are hard on all trucking companies.
Yellow just reported a bad quarter and so did UPS so you are in good company

actually no

Saia just had a bad quarter not the end of the world. The fuel costs are hard on all trucking companies.
Yellow just reported a bad quarter and so did UPS so you are in good company
Yellow didn't paint a bad quarter if you compare it to others who have'nt reported or who may be hiding behind their books (can you smell smoke). (Something cooking). In other words, Yellow is cooking, but not the books, in case you haven't caught the full report, (YRCW) who actually is the holding company and the parent company of Yellow, (who said Yellow is doing very well with their new Velocity/UE network) has said the stock (YRCW) (ticker symbol) will be up at least $1.30 at the end of the next quarter and actually will be making a profit by the end of 2008. Albeit fuel prices. If you're going to tell the story t:1036316054:ell it till it comes to the screen that says "the end"

yeah we are i n bad shape!!!! thats why we are adding runs out of every terminal and hiring drivers!!! go figure..... guess we want to go out of business that much faster!!! is saia polish? i dont think so!!! so just keep guessing, we will see! indianapolis anyone??

Nearly all of the guys out of the south usually do----You guys know who to contact in case of screw-ups and believe me --these 2 terms get called in on frequently

According to our RSM out of CLT, if you take the fuel surcharge out of what we made the 2nd Q, we went in the hole. Go figure..

I heard thru the grapevine that the old jevic management is at saia in cinny. if thats the case it should run real smooth now.....:1036316054:

Iam not a saia driver but our people in the industry have mention that they were having problems

Put this in your pipe and take a good pull. Here are the facts

Revenues were $276 million, an increase of 9 percent over the prior-year quarter. Operating income was $10.9 million compared to $14.6 million in the prior-year quarter. Earnings per share were $0.46 vs. $0.51 in the prior-year quarter. Includes recognition of an alternative fuel tax credit related to prior periods of $0.10 per share. Operating ratio was 96.1 vs. 94.2 in the prior-year quarter. LTL Tonnage was down 1.9 percent from the prior-year quarter as LTL shipments were down 2.6 percent with a 0.7 percent increase in weight per shipment. LTL yield was up 10.8 percent over the prior-year quarter primarily due to the impact of higher fuel surcharges and longer length of haul.