TForce | Seniority Always Prevails!

I totally disagree.There will only be two seniority lists for full time employees per ART 5, SEC. 1,sub paragraph (d)

(d). For full-time employees there shall be two seniority lists, "local cartage" and "over-the road." There shall also be a separate "casual local cartage" seniority list. Employees in the following classifications shall be included on the local cartage seniority list: all truck drivers, helpers, dock workers, jockeys, and such other employees as may be presently or hereafter represented by the Union, engaged in local pickup, delivery, and assembling of freight. The "over-the-road" seniority list shall include all over-the-road drivers whose primary job is to transport freight between the Employer’s facilities. Nothing within this paragraph shall preclude the Company from requesting a road driver to make extra stops to pick up or deliver freight in connection with his regular run or performing other local cartage work as the Company may assign. It is not the intent of the Company that this provision be utilized to diminish cartage employees’ work.

and sub paragraph (a) clearly states..
(a). Upon completion of the probationary period, the employee’s seniority for all purposes shall be the first day worked as a probationary employee. Seniority shall be broken only by discharge, voluntary quit, normal retirement, or more than a two (2) year layoff, or leave, except for employees on workers compensation leave who shall not suffer a break in seniority unless on leave for more than three (3) years

...no where is classification senority even mentioned ......:1036316054:

classification seniority on the road board is still the rule at Ptg, company seniority only counts for vacation and layoff. City guys are trying to push a secrete petition to allow them to bid in and hold bottom for 1 bid cycle then assume company seniority on board . but all of us that are already in by classification date would not be allowed to move to company seniority date. it's causing a real battle line to be drawn. the local says it's a dead issue but who do you trust?

classification seniority on the road board is still the rule at Ptg, company seniority only counts for vacation and layoff. City guys are trying to push a secrete petition to allow them to bid in and hold bottom for 1 bid cycle then assume company seniority on board . but all of us that are already in by classification date would not be allowed to move to company seniority date. it's causing a real battle line to be drawn. the local says it's a dead issue but who do you trust?

Of course the union says it's a dead issue. You don't think they want to get kicked out of that bed do you.:hysterical:

I totally disagree.There will only be two seniority lists for full time employees per ART 5, SEC. 1,sub paragraph (d)

When I spoke, I was speaking of this and should have made it clear.

two seniority lists, "local cartage" and "over-the road."

shall also be a separate "casual local cartage" seniority list.

I see three lists here. In New England we shall have two. Fulltime driver list and our class and seniority date and then The casual driver list.
Bidding in New England will be across party lines in referance to fulltime, so a road driver can take his seniority into the city and dovetail, and vice versa.
and sub paragraph (a) clearly states..

...no where is classification senority even mentioned ......:1036316054:

Then why is there 3 lists?

Then why is there 3 lists?

..Full-Time Accel. yes there is also one for the part timers...But now there is a forth list classification seniority list ?..again I have floated the idea to our guy`s for a vote if the majority choose a classification seniority list in the supp...so be it...at least then we know where its coming from...but the contract is clear,for full time folks..company seniority prevails in all instances..

..Full-Time Accel. yes there is also one for the part timers...But now there is a forth list classification seniority list ?..again I have floated the idea to our guy`s for a vote if the majority choose a classification seniority list in the supp...so be it...at least then we know where its coming from...but the contract is clear,for full time folks..company seniority prevails in all instances..

Now I understand. Yes you are correct.

..but yesterday RIC told me they were going to do it by classification senority..local city,dock,jockey and road....how in the h#ll....:chairshot:

That is exactly what is in the clause you posted.

Local cartage ( city) , dock, jockey, under local cartage.

Road is another. Allthough seniority prevails, the way the contract reads is if they cut a road run and there is local cartage work to be done then the road driver can go into the city but at the bottom of the city seniority list.

I am not sure if I am correct in saying this but he now becomes part of the 10% under the gauranteed clause.

By having one list, this man can bump into the city and his seniority dovetails in place. So he will not become part of the 10% unless he has less seniority then those currently on the list.

As I see it now there's..
1) Company seniority(years of service with the company) any classification, full and/or part-time. This seniority determines your vacation, retirement and so on.
2) "Regular" seniority. Your full time start date. Your bid and bumping seniority in your classification or now local cartage full time list.
3) Road driver seniority. As in #2 but for OTR local cartage list.
4) Casual seniority. Part-time seniority at the local cartage.

Is this not correct?

As I see it now there's..
1) Company seniority(years of service with the company) any classification, full and/or part-time. This seniority determines your vacation, retirement and so on.
2) "Regular" seniority. Your full time start date. Your bid and bumping seniority in your classification or now local cartage full time list.
3) Road driver seniority. As in #2 but for OTR local cartage list.
4) Casual seniority. Part-time seniority at the local cartage.

Is this not correct?

1. Company Seniority.
2. City Seniority.
3. Road Seniority.
4. Casual Seniority.

Company seniority?
1.5 yrs on the dock (90 days part time)
3 yrs in the yard
16 in the city
4.5 on the road
now i am 67th on the road board
19th on company

1 list yes it would help but, i knew what i was doing when i changed classification. my question is this, why is everyone else company and the road is NOT???

why cant it be simple and have 1 list. I think they try to make it confusing on purpose.

I agree, this is what we are shooting for in the North East. 1 list. But what we are seeing is exactly what we had only "casual" was actually part of the city list up here.

I am not sure how that is executed elsewhere.

i have the 3 seniorities
company
full time company
road

maybe it's just me or did everyone else think all of this should have been worked out before the contract we given to us.

i know what it is! clock in, clock out, clock in, clock out, THE CLOCKER!

i have the 3 seniorities
company
full time company
road

maybe it's just me or did everyone else think all of this should have been worked out before the contract we given to us.

Similar too the clapper.:hysterical: Well as anything else I agree but we must give time for everyone to conform , and they cannot act unless a vote in this direction was given, but there should have been a transitional plan on behalf of MGNT.

i have the 3 seniorities
company
full time company
road

Swipe on, Swipe off, Swipe on, Swipe off, THE SWIPER!:hysterical:

Company seniority?
1.5 yrs on the dock (90 days part time)
3 yrs in the yard
16 in the city
4.5 on the road
now i am 67th on the road board
19th on company

1 list yes it would help but, i knew what i was doing when i changed classification. my question is this, why is everyone else company and the road is NOT???

Everyone else is not company, any part-time service is not included in the "regular" seniority. On our list we have guys that have 20 years service at the bottom because 15 years was part-time. But are in the top 10% on the "company" seniority list.