service update

I agree with Silver 100%. If the owners are going to talk about being Christian openly and publicly then they should also need to be practicing what they are preaching because as outsiders looking in, it isn't looking at all like what they are talking on many different levels.

I agree with Silver 100%. If the owners are going to talk about being Christian openly and publicly then they should also need to be practicing what they are preaching because as outsiders looking in, it isn't looking at all like what they are talking on many different levels.

True, we have ALL witnessed the lies, and deceit. Saying one thing, and doing the opposite. We all know about the "it's not about the money", "a family orientated company", and the best one "we are all family" (Just so long as the vp's have compleate, and total control). The vp's are no better than common biggets, and think they are better than any one else, and above the law as well. Hence the reason that we are all where we are now! The ownwer's compleate disregard for their employees, and total disrespect as well.
I would laugh all the way top the bank if they wound up paying back wages! I'm not going to hold my breath, but it would be great! Especially since some of the ULP charges are the same ones that were filed against them in 2004. They just don't get the fact that the world does NOT revolve around them. It's real interesting that they have had 18 charges filed against them in the last 8 years. Isn't that about the time Henry started backing out of the picture? What does that say about the vanderfools?
By the way I do not capitalize their names simply because they do not deserve the respect!

Hey ed! :nutkick:

They are racists, I have yet to run into one person who is surprised that they treated the black replacements different that white employees.

Mr. R

I think it is a relevant issue because it speaks to the moral fiber or lack thereof of the individuals responsible for this situation. As to the validity of the statement it is no more irrelevant than several other rumors that have been posted and allowed to stay in there respective threads. Anything that cannot be verified through an news article could be considered a non-truth or slanderous. It is my belief that while this may be a very personal issue I would counter that all issues relating to ones job, and ability to care for their family are personal, without arguments and debate these forums would have no purpose for existing.

I guess what I am saying is it's all personal, please don't defend the Vanderpols because they deserve no respect from anyone on these boards or anywhere. After all, who would come onto these forums and take every word as fact anyway? I urge you to let the dialectic go where it needs to go for the hundreds of devoted Teamsters that have been thrown out like garbage by these scumbags.

Nobody supports you guys and lets you get away with more stuff than me. I get my bell rung every day about the posts in this forum, but i manage to let things stand. If you can provide a link in a paper or "credible" magazine about those people doing dirty deeds, then I'll let it stand. I let you call them names, accuse them of a lot of things, that probably are true, but wouldn't stand up in a court of law. All I'm asking is to leave the comments about "dirty deeds" for the picket line, and off of Truckingboards. My 1st job is to protect the interests of this board. So help me out here and we'll all get along just fine. Thanks TBR

A credible paper. Are any of them really credible? That goes for any paper favorable or otherwise towards the Teamsters or the owners of OHFL. Isn't it really just media, news by hear say and entertainment. How about the website for the ILRF and the NLRB are these not credible? They both have done investigations and found the owners have done wrong. Has any credible paper investigated these allegations that they print? Aren't forums for same interests and debate? Everybody has opinions they are like (you know the rest) and peoples opinions differ widely on this forum. As long as nobody is attacking the person posting (and yes there has been a few of them on both sides of the fence) and they were dealt with. I really have seen no wrong doing but I could be wrong I haven't looked at every single one nor do I intend to lol. I have refrained from using the s word as you have asked other than the time I did the cut and paste and didn't revise it. I asked for it to be changed, not that I wanted to but because they are the rules. Sorry so longwinded my point is these are all just opinions. Including the strike the owners think they are in the right and the Teamsters think they are, so my question is what really is credible when they are really just opinions?

This string of messages started when the topic went from the issues of the dispute between both parties, and the opinions related to those issues, into rumors about the personal lives of the owners. Perhaps we need to get back to the issues related to the strike and leave personal attacks not supported by facts or evidence out of the forum.

This string of messages started when the topic went from the issues of the dispute between both parties, and the opinions related to those issues, into rumors about the personal lives of the owners. Perhaps we need to get back to the issues related to the strike and leave personal attacks not supported by facts or evidence out of the forum.

I think that had the VPs not said they are Christians the topic of there personal lives would be off limits. But when you put it on your company DVDs and written publications then it is up for judgement and opinion. The Kidd

I think that had the VPs not said they are Christians the topic of there personal lives would be off limits. But when you put it on your company DVDs and written publications then it is up for judgement and opinion. The Kidd

I disagree. Their personal lives should be left out of it, particularly when everything is unsubstantiated rumor. This thing went from a death in the family to infidelity, and nobody had any proof.

If you think that the actions they have taken professionally contradict their religeous overtures, then I would have no quarrel with that being discussed. Their actions and decisions as the owners of the company are there for all to see and interpret, so have at it. But I still say that their personal lives are no more relevant than those of the people walking the picket lines.

Nobody supports you guys and lets you get away with more stuff than me. I get my bell rung every day about the posts in this forum, but i manage to let things stand. If you can provide a link in a paper or "credible" magazine about those people doing dirty deeds, then I'll let it stand. I let you call them names, accuse them of a lot of things, that probably are true, but wouldn't stand up in a court of law. All I'm asking is to leave the comments about "dirty deeds" for the picket line, and off of Truckingboards. My 1st job is to protect the interests of this board. So help me out here and we'll all get along just fine. Thanks TBR

I do think and I always have thought that this site takes censorship to lightly and also applies it in a fashion that lacks uniformity. The transfer of information that occurs here is relatively new to everyone, and I think how it is applied now specifically to a labor dispute setting, may very well set the tone for future internet censorship.

The banner says "when you want to know whats going on" I think things being discussed on the strike line have every bit as much relevance if not more here. If you want to get all the information and decide for yourself, you come here. If you want a censored, filtered, and edited, version of events, look to the news articles allover the internet written by impartial parties.

For instance; let's say a guy at Roadway is fired by an a-hole manager "Matt" I could post that here and nobody would delete it. Yet it is unverifiable through any official channel. "Matt" might be a great guy he might donate all his time to charity.

Because we are speaking of someone rich, someone with lawyers, someone with the money to stand up for themselves it's all of a sudden inappropriate. The rules all change don't be a party to suppressing these hardworking individuals ability to express themselves to an outside audience. Not for the wrong reasons.

I have appreciated the censorship in these forums when it applies to deceitful individuals posting under many screennames, spamming, posting the same post over and over, swearwords (don't really like it but it is still possible to communicate a point without expletives), also when someone singles out a member and harasses them. When you delve into editing content as you have in my previous post I believe it's different, it becomes no longer an opinion forum but a board that does not accept the free exchange of information.
So rather than edit, why don't you just ban me? I have over 300 posts in this specific forum I had several before the boards were lost as well. Delete them all, but don't use these forums being privately owned as an excuse to push an agenda, to regulate speech, then turn around and advertise as a free exchange of information. I know your a Teamster, and I know you do care about the plight of these individuals.
Source: The Strike Line As always take it with a grain of salt, this is only a rumor, not factually backed in any way.

"_________________________" " " ( )

Silvertooth, I am not going to ban you and I am not going to delete your posts as long as you follow our very liberal rules. If you want to resign, feel free to just not post anymore. There is another website I'm sure your familiar with that allow anything to be said without any kind of varifacation. They have been sued at least once already that I know of. Feel free to join them.

A credible paper. Are any of them really credible? That goes for any paper favorable or otherwise towards the Teamsters or the owners of OHFL. Isn't it really just media, news by hear say and entertainment. How about the website for the ILRF and the NLRB are these not credible? They both have done investigations and found the owners have done wrong. Has any credible paper investigated these allegations that they print? Aren't forums for same interests and debate? Everybody has opinions they are like (you know the rest) and peoples opinions differ widely on this forum. As long as nobody is attacking the person posting (and yes there has been a few of them on both sides of the fence) and they were dealt with. I really have seen no wrong doing but I could be wrong I haven't looked at every single one nor do I intend to lol. I have refrained from using the s word as you have asked other than the time I did the cut and paste and didn't revise it. I asked for it to be changed, not that I wanted to but because they are the rules. Sorry so longwinded my point is these are all just opinions. Including the strike the owners think they are in the right and the Teamsters think they are, so my question is what really is credible when they are really just opinions?

The news media is constamtly incorrect as it is. They are not all that creditable . They are constantly getting thing wrong. I have seen where they stated that joak harbor is based in oak harbor wa. Just for one example.

How will we know what is credible and what is not????

I guess that will be up to me and my admins. Have I done you wrong in the past?

No, you have absolutely not done me wrong! The credibility comment is what I am a little confused about because there have been several comments questioning some of the articles printed about the bias and credibility of them. Not by you but by others here.
Regarding religion of the VP's it is very well known and openly discussed by the VP's so it is hard not to bring that subject into the equation with the actions they have and are taking (dirty deeds) in their personal lives as well as business conduct.

No, you have absolutely not done me wrong! The credibility comment is what I am a little confused about because there have been several comments questioning some of the articles printed about the bias and credibility of them. Not by you but by others here.
Regarding religion of the VP's it is very well known and openly discussed by the VP's so it is hard not to bring that subject into the equation with the actions they have and are taking (dirty deeds) in their personal lives as well as business conduct.

Exactly true! the vp's think that they are better than every one else, and have shown it over, and over again! They have spoke about how relegious they are, and how they stand by their religion, but constantly show their true colors with the acts that they commit. They seem to be hypocrite christians. It only applies to them when they want it to. That should open it up for discussion. It goes to show the morrals, as well as the creditablity of the vp's.
But what do I know I'm just a soldier in this battle against unfair tyrants, that want to be more like dictators than honest christians. I refuse to give up on this war against tyrany until either the vp's either settle, ot go out of buiseness. Which the latter seems to be the vp's choice. They have spent millions more trying to break the union than they would have if they would have just settled. It just goes to show the integrity, and moral standard of these two bafoons that simply don't want to play if they don't have everything their way.
dave, and ed can :butt kiss:, and rot in hell for all I care. After all they have done, and are doing thats where they are headed anyway.
Sorry if this offends any one, but I personally fight for truth, and what is right. If I did not then I would have turned traitor, and crossed the picket line, which is not an option! The vp's are like vulters feeding off of those less fortunate. They were handed the company by daddy, and are nothing more than a pair of spoiled little b@s&a%ds that need to have butts spanked, and sent to their rooms with out any supper!

Exactly true! the vp's think that they are better than every one else, and have shown it over, and over again! They have spoke about how relegious they are, and how they stand by their religion, but constantly show their true colors with the acts that they commit. They seem to be hypocrite christians. It only applies to them when they want it to. That should open it up for discussion. It goes to show the morrals, as well as the creditablity of the vp's.
But what do I know I'm just a soldier in this battle against unfair tyrants, that want to be more like dictators than honest christians. I refuse to give up on this war against tyrany until either the vp's either settle, ot go out of buiseness. Which the latter seems to be the vp's choice. They have spent millions more trying to break the union than they would have if they would have just settled. It just goes to show the integrity, and moral standard of these two bafoons that simply don't want to play if they don't have everything their way.
dave, and ed can :butt kiss:, and rot in hell for all I care. After all they have done, and are doing thats where they are headed anyway.
Sorry if this offends any one, but I personally fight for truth, and what is right. If I did not then I would have turned traitor, and crossed the picket line, which is not an option! The vp's are like vulters feeding off of those less fortunate. They were handed the company by daddy, and are nothing more than a pair of spoiled little b@s&a%ds that need to have butts spanked, and sent to their rooms with out any supper!
MRBG, I could not have said it better! If the VPs had not brought their faith into the company I would have said off topic also. But it is in all of their OHFL publications and DVDs. It is fair to judge them. If you are familiar with the Bible at all. The apostle Paul tells one church that has a person that is having a sexual relationship with his Step-Mother. Paul says to get him out of the Church and turn him over to the Devil. SORRY to pound the Bible a bit.... As a Christian myself I find it hard to see the actions of the VPs Christ like. I do not judge if they are "Saved". I judge their actions. The pain that I have seen them dish out to their long time employees is criminal. These OHFL employees have worked to get them where they are. All the employees down south would not even had a job without them. Talk about getting kicked in the teeth by your co workers and the owners, then top it all teamsters cross the picket. Stabbing the teamster brothers in the back! The Kidd

Don't stoop to their level. Teamsters are better than that. You are beating them in every aspect of the strike, in the courts, with the public. So don't lower youself to their level of hypocrisy.

I probably could have phrased the "credible" comment a little better, but I thought you would get the general idea of it. Sorry to confuse any of you.