FedEx Freight | shame on fedex freight for firing supervisors at EPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do t know what they did, nor do I care, but the fact remains the company doesn't fire anyone, people fire themselves. They obviously did something that warranted getting fired, otherwise they'd still have their jobs!!
As for union protection, it doesn't apply in this case because management isn't union, they aren't protected by the union.
As for Mr. Ducker not meetting with the drivers at EPH, Canadiam Flyer hit the nail on the head....and Mr. Ducker didn't meet with any of the drivers at the four centers that voted yes. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, they were many of us that wanted to meet him...perhaps we'll get that opportunity soon!!

No sorry there is no rule against Ducker speaking to anyone from the 4 centers. If there is let's see it post it. If what you all are saying is true he wouldn't have been able to speak to us before we voted.

No sorry there is no rule against Ducker speaking to anyone from the 4 centers. If there is let's see it post it. If what you all are saying is true he wouldn't have been able to speak to us before we voted.
You should consult a labor attorney for the info you seek since you don't believe what @Canadian Flyer posted.
Key word is "before"...and since your center voted NO, he's free to return and talk to the drivers at anytime.

You should consult a labor attorney for the info you seek since you don't believe what @Canadian Flyer posted.
Key word is "before"...and since your center voted NO, he's free to return and talk to the drivers at anytime.

Again nothing new for you there is no reason he couldn't talk to employees sorry it's no different than you having a meeting with dale Davis. If so what's the difference? Please post your proof or let it go and say you don't know what your talking about.

Again nothing new for you there is no reason he couldn't talk to employees sorry it's no different than you having a meeting with dale Davis. If so what's the difference? Please post your proof or let it go and say you don't know what your talking about.
I never said he couldn't talk to the employees.
Sure it is...again, do your own homework and consult a labor attorney...consultations are free!!

I never said he couldn't talk to the employees.
Sure it is...again, do your own homework and consult a labor attorney...consultations are free!!

Thank you I'm right he could talk to employees. No need to talk to labor attorney you seem to have all the answers even if there wrong.

There is no rule. I didn't say there was. However, it's what lawyers would call a politically charged situation. FedEx and the Teamsters are in a very hot legal battle over the centers that voted yes, and you can bet FedEx is not going to want to do anything that might give the Teamsters a political or legal advantage over them.

What this means is that FedEx is going to be very, very hesitant to have management speak with the unionized employees outside of "business as usual" without a representative from the Teamsters present to ensure that everyone is playing fair.

There's nothing that says this has to be the case, but it's a legal gray area that FedEx is wise to stay out of given their anti-union disposition.

Last edited:
No..other terminals maybe. Ours was a realization at how badly All of us were being abused by this corporation. We all were tired of everything this corporation was throwing at us nonstop. Driver scorecard, attendance policy, weak and declining raises, exponentially increasing benefits costs, fired for this, fired for that, critical write ups for missing city gate time of 30 minutes, forklift dismount absurdity, tractor dismount absurdity,and on and on. Grown men being treated like children.
And since Drucker is the head honcho, it ultimately falls on him no matter how indirectly or how deep the layers of management are between our supervisors and him. No he doesn't know me, but if he actually had met us, I'm sure I would have made an impression on him.
That's where you're completely wrong. Nothing falls on him at the service center level. The person responsible for service center operations is the service center manager. He is the sole liason between the corporate management and the service center personnel on an operational level.

The SCM is the one who hires and fires employees at the center level. Pure and simple. That's what he's there for. Mike Ducker, in all likelihood, has no say whatsoever in who gets hired or fired. That's not his job. His job is to be the "bigger scope" guy that gives the company a direction to move in. And even he still has to justify anything he does to the people in Memphis.

There is no rule. I didn't say there was. However, it's what lawyers would call a politically charged situation. FedEx and the Teamsters are in a very hot legal battle over the centers that voted yes, and you can bet FedEx is not going to want to do anything that might give the Teamsters a political or legal advantage over them.

What this means is that FedEx is going to be very, very hesitant to have management speak with the unionized employees outside of "business as usual" without a representative from the Teamsters present to ensure that everyone is playing fair.

There's nothing that says this has to be the case, but it's a legal gray area that FedEx is wise to stay out of given their anti-union disposition.
Let me correct you, the teamsters are not in a legal battle with fedex. Fedex chose to take on the nlrb and all the legal going on in the 8th, 3rd and 9th circuit court is between fedex and the labor board.

That's where you're completely wrong. Nothing falls on him at the service center level. The person responsible for service center operations is the service center manager. He is the sole liason between the corporate management and the service center personnel on an operational level.

The SCM is the one who hires and fires employees at the center level. Pure and simple. That's what he's there for. Mike Ducker, in all likelihood, has no say whatsoever in who gets hired or fired. That's not his job. His job is to be the "bigger scope" guy that gives the company a direction to move in. And even he still has to justify anything he does to the people in Memphis.
Wrong the scm does not fire anyone before consulting with HR and HR verify with attorneys.

CT all that posted is BS !!
Duckie could introduce himself and take questions or spew some more BS.
If a question that comes up that may be contractual all he has to say is their canned message " Well that's a good question we will have to look into that " case closed.
If a manager can't or will not communicate with his people he is the wrong person for the job.

CT all that posted is BS !!
Duckie could introduce himself and take questions or spew some more BS.
If a question that comes up that may be contractual all he has to say is their canned message " Well that's a good question we will have to look into that " case closed.
If a manager can't or will not communicate with his people he is the wrong person for the job.

That's exactly what all the big wigs did when they were here. One even brought a guideline from legal on what he could say.

I believe it is funny how people can think so low of a company that pays very well and you dont have to work very hard to get the job done. I have been on both sire of the board starting as a city driver and now a line haul driver. It has been a tough 1.5 years in eph considering the negativeness of so many due to the union deal. I dont understand if it is so bad go somewhere else and see if that company would deal with your childishness and your whining due to the fact that they want you to follow saftey policies and be punctual. I have seen the union side and it blows. 5 guys paid to do one persons job. If thats what you need there is plenty out there. I have stood strong to my belief of fedex and dont hise from it. I post under my name not some bs screen name. As for Ducker i wouldnt want to talk to us either. Why so you guys can all ask the same :shit:ty questions you been asking. Wheres the union people are they answering your questions. Most that are bitching never had to work a real job because this one is very easy and tou dont realize what you have.

I believe it is funny how people can think so low of a company that pays very well and you dont have to work very hard to get the job done. I have been on both sire of the board starting as a city driver and now a line haul driver. It has been a tough 1.5 years in eph considering the negativeness of so many due to the union deal. I dont understand if it is so bad go somewhere else and see if that company would deal with your childishness and your whining due to the fact that they want you to follow saftey policies and be punctual. I have seen the union side and it blows. 5 guys paid to do one persons job. If thats what you need there is plenty out there. I have stood strong to my belief of fedex and dont hise from it. I post under my name not some bs screen name. As for Ducker i wouldnt want to talk to us either. Why so you guys can all ask the same :shit:ty questions you been asking. Wheres the union people are they answering your questions. Most that are bitching never had to work a real job because this one is very easy and tou dont realize what you have.

Shut up dumdum and just tell me when we're having another cookout :36:

Status
Not open for further replies.