Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Mark, the last thing I want to do is rehash this. I think we can agree that no company owner would ever just 'not care' about losing tons of money. It sounds to me like that you were not believed. I wasn't there, so what do I know? I'm simply asking you to 'let this go' and not use this forum to feed on people's misfortune and dump on them. What I do know is that a lot of what is being said here is at least in parts based on speculation, gossip, misrepresentation and simply wrong information. Few people have all of the facts and what they don't know, they make up or take one part and grossly exaggerate. It is always so much easier to sit back, make conjectures and demonize people. I don't enjoy seeing these pictures of Bill Spencer and the 'likes' they are getting. What is all of this accomplishing, other than to keep the pot stirring? You and the others know exactly what you are doing and why. It is self-serving on your part and only prolongs people's pain. Everyone on this forum has now read your story numerous times and I'm asking you to please stop talking about it. It's old and completely irrelevant to what people are going through and dealing with. Spread something positive; some hope!!!

Good luck to you Allan.

That doesn't look like a little happy tree.
Yes, because he definitely orchestrated all the accidents personally.

If the ::shit:: posting keeps carrying on, I'm going to request that this thread be locked. Posting image macros about Bill Spencer and Land Air sucking do NOT belong in a thread regarding the shutdown. This thread should be a source of information, not a bash fest.

If you guys want to keep wailing on the company, start a new thread titled "Land Air Sucks" or something and ::shit:: post to your hearts' content. From now on, let's keep this thread on the rails and on topic.

Yes, because he definitely orchestrated all the accidents personally.

If the :::shit::: posting keeps carrying on, I'm going to request that this thread be locked. Posting image macros about Bill Spencer and Land Air sucking do NOT belong in a thread regarding the shutdown. This thread should be a source of information, not a bash fest.

If you guys want to keep wailing on the company, start a new thread titled "Land Air Sucks" or something and :::shit::: post to your hearts' content. From now on, let's keep this thread on the rails and on topic.
:17::17::17: I would suggest using the report feature, whining and throwing a tantrum won't do anything, let the mods do THEIR job.

Last edited:
:17::17::17: I would suggest using the report feature, whining and throwing a tantrum won't do anything, let the mods do THEIR job.
I was merely making myself heard to give everyone a chance to turn this around before I do anything like that. No whining or throwing a tantrum here, I'd have to actually be mad for that to be the case. The only reason I've been frequenting this thread (indeed this board at all) is for information. Relax.

To my knowledge all of my coworkers in Maine have been paid all that they were owed for hours worked. We have not been paid for vacation, PTO, or safety bonuses yet. However, we certainly won't be paid these if LAX closes the doors for good. So I am staying here and working so the company can rebuild. I feel terrible about all those who haven't been called back to work. On the positive side we have retained many more customers than I expected and many places are glad to see us back! Several people in mgmt have lost their jobs and hopefully they were the right ones to be let go. I wouldn't wish for any company's demise, even our competitors. We have seen to many companies close for good in Maine already.

To my knowledge all of my coworkers in Maine have been paid all that they were owed for hours worked. We have not been paid for vacation, PTO, or safety bonuses yet. However, we certainly won't be paid these if LAX closes the doors for good. So I am staying here and working so the company can rebuild. I feel terrible about all those who haven't been called back to work. On the positive side we have retained many more customers than I expected and many places are glad to see us back! Several people in mgmt have lost their jobs and hopefully they were the right ones to be let go. I wouldn't wish for any company's demise, even our competitors. We have seen to many companies close for good in Maine already.
Amen

Saia is no longer using LAXV as a partner carrier.
Pitt Ohio is now serving the North East and LAX is no longer part of the Reliance Network. It is my understanding that Bill Spencer, owner of Land Air Express of New England started the Reliance Network and back then, his idea of of 'freight companies working together' to move freight faster, was revolutionary. That at least is my understanding.

Bill spencer invented interlining. it never happened before the reliance network. rrrriiigggghhhhtttt....

btw, Pitt Ohio must have big plans, as they don't have any terminals in the northeast, at least not yet. For now, or maybe long term, they are giving the freight to Teals, Ross, and Sunline.

it seems like Pitt Ohio is the company calling the shots in the Reliance network, considering they are telling the public that they are covering the northeast when they have no terminals there. Teals trucks are red, maybe Pitt Ohio is going to buy them and put their name on the doors.

Bill spencer invented interlining. it never happened before the reliance network. rrrriiigggghhhhtttt....

btw, Pitt Ohio must have big plans, as they don't have any terminals in the northeast, at least not yet. For now, or maybe long term, they are giving the freight to Teals, Ross, and Sunline.

it seems like Pitt Ohio is the company calling the shots in the Reliance network, considering they are telling the public that they are covering the northeast when they have no terminals there. Teals trucks are red, maybe Pitt Ohio is going to buy them and put their name on the doors.
Hey, maybe Pitt-Ohio is buying us. By the way, we all were paid today just like before.

It seems like Pitt Ohio is the company calling the shots in the Reliance network, considering they are telling the public that they are covering the northeast when they have no terminals there. Teals trucks are red, maybe Pitt Ohio is going to buy them and put their name on the doors.
There's no doubt that Pitt Ohio has gained a lot of ground lately but Averitt is a huge company as well and no doubt, will have their say. I too wonder if Pitt Ohio is planning on establishing some terminal in the NE. Time will tell... I just want to get back on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.