Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are not gutting it.. the company is going on a diet so to speak..., phil is a good friend of bill's and dick is a good friend of phil's.. it's a partnership!..
I agree with you. Bill Spencer was willing to sell his company to save as many jobs as possible. But instead, NFE agreed to financially back LAX. Land Air will survive, even if more terminals get closed in the interim. The recovery will take a long time but I think that eventually, they will succeed. So saying that the company is 'going on a diet', is a very good analogy on your part. :clapping:

the loss of the benefits really sucks! however it is necessary for the survival of the company right now unfortunately.. the only vultures that are circling are you negative nimwits that want it to go belly up!
Here we go again, back to the name calling. Yea, survival of company, hope workers survive bc family members wouldn't receive life benifits if they didn't. What's your reasoning on Newburgh closure, part of the land air diet. It's obvious your not a driver, and you owe Spencer something. You dismiss the truth as hate and resort tI name calling if you don't agree w something. Probably worked in claims. Fits the profile

Here we go again, back to the name calling. Yea, survival of company, hope workers survive bc family members wouldn't receive life benifits if they didn't. What's your reasoning on Newburgh closure, part of the land air diet. It's obvious your not a driver, and you owe Spencer something. You dismiss the truth as hate and resort tI name calling if you don't agree w something. Probably worked in claims. Fits the profile
no name calling .. just stating facts about the vultures that want us to fail is all.. im a company driver.. been with them for 17 years..

As far as the closure of the Newburgh terminal goes, initially only the two New Jersey terminals were slated to be closed. Even though there are customers and shippers that have returned to Land Air, it is understandable that a lot had to move on. Given the uncertainty and the damage that was followed by the shut down, it only makes sense that every terminal is being assessed on an ongoing basis for its profitability. The terminal in Boston should be able to secure business faster than a terminal that is located in a much more rural area. Then you also have to look at the service area itself. The cost of making deliveries in rural areas tends to be higher and more time consuming. Business wise, it makes no sense to keep a terminal operational if it loses a lot of money in addition to being quite costly to operate. Most everyone in the former Truckload division has moved on and l can tell you it was hard to see the dissolution of our team. It is always terrible when people lose their jobs. I think that people need to understand that at this time, there are no guarantees of long term job security at LAX. The company is trying to survive and needs to make cuts where ever they can to stay operational. I cannot imagine that there is any employee left at Land Air who is not aware of the current situation, so for some folks it just might make more sense to proactively look for other, perhaps more secure employment. There just isn't an easy solution to any of this.

they are not gutting it.. the company is going on a diet so to speak..., phil is a good friend of bill's and dick is a good friend of phil's.. it's a partnership!..

2geowg3.jpg

Well if they are such good friends why did they take a majority position? could it be they don't trust slick willy? rube
Taking the majority position is simply sound business before investing (probably) millions of dollars in any company. It's collateral and a business modality, nothing more. No one in their right mind would give anyone that much money and then simply wish them well in their future endeavors; regardless of how good of friends they are.

Taking the majority position is simply sound business before investing (probably) millions of dollars in any company. It's collateral and a business modality, nothing more. No one in their right mind would give anyone that much money and then simply wish them well in their future endeavors; regardless of how good of friends they are.
That would make relinquishing majority position a bad decision, all I'm saying is look at the investors, a trucking company and commercial real estate developer.

That would make relinquishing majority position a bad decision, all I'm saying is look at the investors, a trucking company and commercial real estate developer.
he is not just a real estate developer mogul, he is an investment agent... and that is what he did.... invest in a promising company.. don't believe it, call him! just for god's sake.. stop speculating already, your doom and gloom shananagan scenario's are getting sickening!

he is not just a real estate developer mogul, he is an investment agent... and that is what he did.... invest in a promising company.. don't believe it, call him! just for god's sake.. stop speculating already, your doom and gloom shananagan scenario's are getting sickening!
Open your eyes!
YOU
took a pay cut
lost your vacation
lost your benefits
lost safety bonus
took a cut in hours
and I'm the rube?
What kind of cut did Bill Spencer take?
2x2 is 4, NEF will get what equipment and customers they want and Anagost gets the real estate.
IF ( and that is a very very large if) LAX survives the year with out either being merged or closed I'll apologize.

Open your eyes! WIDE OPEN, EARS TOO!
YOU
took a pay cut NOPE!
lost your vacation NOPE!
lost your benefits FOR NOW!
lost safety bonus NOT SURE!
took a cut in hours NOPE!
and I'm the rube? YUP!!
What kind of cut did Bill Spencer take? NONE
2x2 is 4, NEF will get what equipment and customers they want and Anagost gets the real estate. PURE SPECULATION
IF ( and that is a very very large if) LAX survives the year with out either being merged or closed I'll apologize.I WOULD HOPE SO BUT DOUBT IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.