FedEx Freight | "Significant number" of straight trucks coming to FXFE

I didn't insult him, and Dave didn't say I was weird he said the conversation was. No comment on the bet welching?

You didn't? Most of us who aren't odd call it insulting to refer to someone as a douchebag. As far as the no comment, I simply asked you a legitimate question, and as typical of you, you become passive aggressive.

You didn't? Most of us who aren't odd call it insulting to refer to someone as a douchebag. As far as the no comment, I simply asked you a legitimate question, and as typical of you, you become passive aggressive.
I never referred to him as a douchebag, I also asked a legitimate question which typical of you had been ignored.

And you're still not honoring the bet to leave...duece bag.

RC said while most of us know what a douche bag is, what is a deuce bag?
Only thing we can think of is those team drivers that are on such a tight schedule that they have to poop in a plastic bag and heave it out the window.

I think it's someone who constantly refers to themselves in the third person, could be wrong that might be arrogant not sure.

I never referred to him as a douchebag, I also asked a legitimate question which typical of you had been ignored.

Oh, excuse me. You referred to him as a "deuce bag". I guess that makes it better?

As far as the bet, it's none of your business. What Purple and I may or may not have discussed in private doesn't concern you in the least.

Last edited:
Oh, excuse me. You referred to him as a "deuce bag". I guess that makes it better?

As far as the bet, it's none of your business. What Purple and I may or may not have discussed in private doesn't concern you in the least.
Yes we were joking about the meaning of "deuce" bag, RC started it there for he opens himself up to being poked at in return. I've been picked at plenty, if you or him have no sense of humor that's your problem.

Good feedback and strong supporting arguments.....

I can appreciate your concern, but like you said, I can't really see the widespread replacement of large CMV in our network. It will be an interesting tool, with the future showing promising growth for the area. But why would growth in one area necessitate a reduction/stagnation in another?
I think you overly discount the value 33s would provide in the city operation though......imagine how many stem mile trips back to the center 2-4 more skid spots on each pup in the city might save company wide.
I may be alone, but I feel that with a lot of the regs coming down from the federal govt, they will continue to keep professional drivers in demand, thus maintaining wages at a competitive level....

Stay safe.....

We've waited for the driver shortage to drive wages higher for a very long time. The trend has only recently had the long forecast effect.

As is typical, challenges often provide opportunity, to those paying attention. I think that the current trend in shopping/shipping does provide challenges (excess home delivery) & opportunity via a larger driver pool (class B, C, non CDL).

The good part? We are in an industry benefiting from the above noted changes & perhaps, the growth will offset the increase in driver pool, making significantly negative effects unlikely.

Briefly, on the topic of 33' pups. Some benefit would be realized, but... We already benefit more from the 40, 48,,and 53' vans' efficiency. I suspect, while on paper the 33s could provide some added efficiency (in city), any expectation of direct and certain increases would require trust in some "grey numbers".

Just pointing out that YOU started a thread about straight trucks and still managed to bring up your center and the GPD like always. Dude, we get it, your not happy with the pay scale at your center but what does that have to do with straight trucks??
Straight truck drivers at sefl are only 16-17 per hour. You think FX will pay more than the rest of the market?

They already do. Drivers make the same hourly wage driving a set, a pup, a long van or a straight truck.

Because it hasn't been put into effect yet. When the massive amount of trucks hit there will likely be a new class of drivers. SEFL has non CDL drivers in the new straight trucks.

Because it hasn't been put into effect yet. When the massive amount of trucks hit there will likely be a new class of drivers. SEFL has non CDL drivers in the new straight trucks.
Okay.. So if you have a cdl you get cdl money. Why the worry?
And what constitutes a massive amount of trucks? 10 to 15 per service center? Also why the push for 33' trailers then.

Last edited:
Okay.. So if you have a cdl you get cdl money. Why the worry?
And what constitutes a massive amount of trucks? 10 to 15 per service center? Also why the push for 33' trailers then.

The reason for the straight trucks is the same as the 33 ft trailers. It's about cutting overhead and saving money. As far as what is a massive amount of straight trucks you will have to ask Ducker.

Why worry? One good reason to worry is straight trucks at significantly less pay taking more freight off of your route and cutting your hours. When it is slow who do you think will go out first?

The reason for the straight trucks is the same as the 33 ft trailers. It's about cutting overhead and saving money. As far as what is a massive amount of straight trucks you will have to ask Ducker.

Why worry? One good reason to worry is straight trucks at significantly less pay taking more freight off of your route and cutting your hours. When it is slow who do you think will go out first?
The straight trucks, Dick. I already argued this one. They can't replace a lost CDL driver as it is, they're not going to lay off a CDL city man before laying off two non-CDL straight trucks because it makes no financial sense to use a straight truck to bump a dock. They'd have to pay two straight trucks to do one 48' van's worth of work.

Get back to everyone when you get laid off at SEFL while the straight trucks are still running and maybe you'll have something more than fear to back you up. Right now, you're making open-ended remarks that don't make sense if you actually think a little further up the chain than just the number of drivers and how much they're paid.

If non-CDL straight trucks were really a better alternative to a 48' van, riddle us this. Non-CDL straight trucks aren't a new invention, Dick, so why aren't they already doing what you do for less money if it actually makes sense?

The straight trucks, Dick. I already argued this one. They can't replace a lost CDL driver as it is, they're not going to lay off a CDL city man before laying off two non-CDL straight trucks because it makes no financial sense to use a straight truck to bump a dock. They'd have to pay two straight trucks to do one 48' van's worth of work.

Get back to everyone when you get laid off at SEFL while the straight trucks are still running and maybe you'll have something more than fear to back you up. Right now, you're making open-ended remarks that don't make sense if you actually think a little further up the chain than just the number of drivers and how much they're paid.

If non-CDL straight trucks were really a better alternative to a 48' van, riddle us this. Non-CDL straight trucks aren't a new invention, Dick, so why aren't they already doing what you do for less money if it actually makes sense?

Again you miss the point. The industry is evolving to meet new challenges. This is not your Dad's LTL company with a straight truck. These aren't being put in service to replace anything. They are being used for more white glove, final mile, type of freight; an additional source of revenue if you will. They are a necessity in the 21st century due to e-commerce. They are also becoming attractive to alleviate the shortage of qualified CDL drivers.

Now, that said, when there isn't enough of this type of white glove freight to go around, they will be used for general freight cutting down on earnings potential of CDL A drivers. I guarantee you in slow times they will go out first with the lesser paid driver. It makes better business sense to do that right? You aren't going to run a half empty 48' trailer with a higher paid driver.

Think about this CF, those trucks are more versatile because they can be loaded with general freight, and final mile freight, all on the same route. They can and will be used to make pickups as well.

As far as SEFL, I've already witnessed a man get his route cut in half for these trucks, so it is a possibility they can replace the larger trucks on certain routes. Don't kid yourself. The company will do whatever is most profitable regardless of impact on employees.

Last edited:
I think it's someone who constantly refers to themselves in the third person, could be wrong that might be arrogant not sure.
Ok, I'll try t o
e x p l a i n
t h i s
s l o w l y.
Is it truly speaking in the third person if there is more than one entity communicating? RC is just a smart assed voice in my head. Sometimes he has his own opinion and it is RC speaking, referenced as RC. Sometimes he and I agree and I will use "we" or "us". When it is my thoughts, it is an I statement.
Ok?
Try to keep up with the conversation.