Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

how can you say you will vote yes when you don't know what your voting on. hope they don't want you to work 6 months for nothing, since you will be voting yes. dumb---

I may not know the details of what I'm voting on yet, but I do know that I want to keep my job as long as I can. You can call me a dumb---, I could careless. What has the union done for you lately? YRC needs to take a hard look around and get rid of the ones who don't want to work and support the company. Oh but wait, they can't get rid of anyone because they are "union". We need to get rid of the "entitlement" attitude around here. If you don't want to work, no one is begging you to stay. Go work somewhere else for $10 an hour and then tell me who the dumb--- is!

After what we hear what they want, we'll be working out of a contract either way. What's the difference? Barry Obama will save us all!! you'll see!

it seems to me that theres not to many yeamsters that work at yrc.to many company men

It's pretty hard to gung ho when all you hear is "They can do that!"

I voted yes on the 10% give back and all it got me was 3 weeks of work this year. If I am ask to vote on another give back it will not be no but HELL NO!!

vote yes? ok ill vote yes so this non asset holding, pension owing b.s.ers can stuff their pockets with more of our money before they open their golden shutes and float away into corporate paradise ...the best outcome here is working hard for non union wages little or no benifits no pension,and still paying the teamsters dues to tell me how they saved our jobs "dollar bill" will be a legend and hero for forseeing and taking full advantage of this "catastrophic" economy...thanks for the memories

I'm not saying I'm voting yes because I'm not, I voted no on the contract (biggest landslide approval) & voted no on the 1st concession (another big landslide)! I'd like to figure out how they're getting their votes, cuz everyone voted NO.

I'm not saying I'm voting yes because I'm not, I voted no on the contract (biggest landslide approval) & voted no on the 1st concession (another big landslide)! I'd like to figure out how they're getting their votes, cuz everyone voted NO.

How about this for an explanation:

Most all of the big mouth actors - you know the ones that say f**k the company, I'm voting NO!! - well, they vote YES when nobody is looking! Duh!!

Well no kidding there, but they must be counting no votes(as in not sending it in) as yes votes

what voting yes does

By voting yes I agree it will buy more time ,how much im not sure ,though I do think it wont be long until they shut it down .This quarters numbers will let everyone know if there is even a prayer on making it or not.If its another 200 million in losses look out Think for a moment of the massive debt , the 220+ miullion bucks they lost last quarter what will it take to get back in the black ????? all the junk equipment and run down termilnals all this even with a 10% give back and defering the pension will only allow them to cut freight rates ???? tHEN AFTER THE 14 MONTHS IS UP DO YOU REALLY HONESTLY BELEIVE you will ever get them to start paying back into the pension fund ???that will force others to cut rates then we are back to exactly were we started another thing to think of especially after the recent announcemant of an additional 100 terminals to close how will a significately smaller company pay off this massive debt by asking for more give backs or consessions? when will this rollercoaster ride end?? Im voting no say what you will I think they should just shut it down now before it ruins the rest of the industry by reducing everyones pay and benefit package its supposed to be a race to the top not the bottom!!!! When It finally closes we will all be applying at places that were forced to lower their pay scale becuase of the bleeding mismanaged cash cow YRC:ranting2:

I may not know the details of what I'm voting on yet, but I do know that I want to keep my job as long as I can. You can call me a dumb---, I could careless. What has the union done for you lately? YRC needs to take a hard look around and get rid of the ones who don't want to work and support the company. Oh but wait, they can't get rid of anyone because they are "union". We need to get rid of the "entitlement" attitude around here. If you don't want to work, no one is begging you to stay. Go work somewhere else for $10 an hour and then tell me who the dumb--- is!

Hey PAL I supported the Company as long as it was legit requests.
WE now make the same as the non union carriers.
They (Zollers) now wants us to work for less than the competition.
Sorry that is in excess.
If we can't make money , like ABF then we need new management!
And I guess that would include you!:eck13:

I will be voting yes and am proud off it . If that buys us some more time I'm all for it. They' re never going to pay another dime into pension anyway. I'm just as pissed off at this company as anyone but, voting to shut it down is not a option. I can read the headlines now Dumba$$ Teamsters vote to shut doors off Yellow Roadway Corp in one of the worst economic down turn in US history . Give me a break guys do you think this is 1970 or something .We have to change the way people think of unions and shutting the doors with a no vote will not look good . :ranting2:

Sorry, but my no vote just cancelled your yes vote out. And I'm proud of that.

Sorry, but my no vote just cancelled your yes vote out. And I'm proud of that.

If a no vote wins..then what is the next step? There will be no deferral? YRC will have a counter offer? How will that play out, sir ?

Not know the details, blame the Union, What has the Union done for me lately. The Union which is Us the Teamsters moving this freight are the ones that have kept this company going and in this post it is stated that now is the time to rid of us the people that are doing the same work as the individuals that think they may be supporting this carrier better then the rest of us low-life freight people, it is time to look in the mirror and realize the job you are doing is not going to save this company from itself so the statement being it takes all kinds to make the world go round, so go out and do your job to the best of YOUR ability and leave us company saviors alone to support those of you who are doing a fantastic job, and I do think this POST was DUMB. Now those of us that have saved this carrier once with a yes or no vote will again find out the details of this vote and again chose the yes or no option once again, but to save a person who does not know what the details are, I think not.:shift:

If a no vote wins..then what is the next step? There will be no deferral? YRC will have a counter offer? How will that play out, sir ?

It doesn't really matter, yes or no, game over. All I know is my backside is a one way street. Always has been, always will be. And no f-n yrc or pos union for no reason in h e double tooth picks is ever going to change it.

I agree I posted a similar blog within the past couple weeks.
Everytime we cut our rates everyone else either
Matches us or undercuts us. Including wages. I'm
Still voting NO on giving up anything. Already gave
Twice and have been bamboozled twice! I just hope
We make it 6 more weeks. So I can payoff a few things.
Before I have to learn to live on unemployment.

I hope you vote no. You have a voice, I do not. Zollars keeps taking and taking and giving nothing back. What has he sacrifised? I don't think he wants this company out of business. I know the board of directors don't want that.

Guys and gals, I wish you all the best but YRC appears to be heading down the same path and making the same moves that Transcon did 20 years ago. Please don't make the same mistakes that I did and save your vacation time and sick time to tide you over in the event something bad happens.
When Transcon went down, it went down fast, on a Fri afternoon, I found out on Sat that I was unemployed.
And that sick time and vacation time I was saving.........gone.
I hope you guys are safe, but be prepared.

Transcon was acquired/merged into PIE and they continued operating for some time b4 closing.

I love you guys out there that think voting yes will solve the problems!
Remember the contract vote??
That was the best thing to happen since sliced bread.
Where are we now?
Better off ???
Then you voted yes to taking a 10% pay cut.
That was supposed to solve all the problems.
Better off now??
So yes I hope you scared gutless yes men vote another cut to the contract.
Lets work for less than the non- union guys do.
Then you know what?
That won't be enough either!
The guys that can see through the B. S. keep telling you the way it is but you keep believing Zollers!
His only goal is to be remembered as the C.E.O. who broke the Master Freight, and you "yes" voters are helping him.
If they were going to go belly up they would have.
Breaking the Master Freight is what this is ALL about!
Wake up boys!

NEWS FLASH!! NMFA has been broke with no mending in site. Think UPS Freight sweet-heart contract. Jr. has done more damage to undermine NMFA than Zollars could ever have hoped for. And the UPS 'buyout' from C.S.? What a peaceful coup!
I voted no the first time but am leaning yes, depending on the 'agreement', because there is no choice. There has to be something to fight for and right now we have nothing to fight for... just another :shit:ty *** job that pays a lot better then minimum wage.