XPO | Stealing Time

The POINT is , there now exists a legal binding
agreement by the company and employees . Both
have a rule book and can follow the same rules .
An advantage to both !

Just4Thought.
If it sounds good to you, then go work there. Too many rules as far as what you can and can't do. I'd rather have the freedom to be fired. It's makes me a better person.

Ok, that's it, I won't say anything else on this subject.

Kevin was there in the beginning when Jerry and Dick were starting up the non-union CCX. In the East, Kevin went in to buy and change a union company (name escapes me) to CSE, but was unable to gain constrictive work rule concessions....so they closed it.
Was it Penn Yan Express ?

Nah, I'm still on vacation until tomorrow...verbal only...

Wow.....you DEFINITELY work for a different company than I do........no such thing around my place.....L.O.I.s for any and all offenses.....No such thing as a "verbal" or "incident report"......
:shutup2:

verbal usually does the job...good time to threaten them with taking their first born if they ever do it again, etc, etc...

Totally agree. I know it always works with me. I believe most guys want to do the right thing, if they are clear on what that is, from one minute to the next.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoyed your time off. Are you returning blind, or did you stay in touch?

You didn't fight for a damn thing. UPS handed you that contract...the way THEY wanted it. And I know a lot of folks don't like it. So, please don't come over here and say that you fought hard for something.:nutkick:Don't you, atleast, think that UPS is in bed with the Teamsters and it's a win win situtation for both of THEM. I'm glad i got an opportunity to finally say that..

Your half right, We fight every day for different injustices. In New England we fought very hard for work rules,supplements that supersede any language in the contract and we won, Seniority one list, ad hock, differential pay, Holiday pay, Ect, Ect. People do not understand the local supplements. They supersede anything the contract says if approved and the above was approved. We continue to fight when problems arise as different situations arise from the wording in the contract.

Sorry this needed to be said and we can continue in the proper forum.

Oh this is funny now, I didn't get this far before I posted my previous message. Your in management? Tell us about using company property(internet) for personal use? I will tell you exactly because my brother a former FOS was terminated for doing just such along with 2 other office people. This happened about 3 years ago and I know things haven't changed. If your on here during your work hours and with the amount of messages you've placed you obviously are then I seriously agree with the earlier person who things your a mole!!! Or your just someone who wishes they WERE a SCM. It's very easy too track computer usage and conway does. In fact I am going to call XGO right after this post and let them know about you! I PROMISE YOU IF YOUR AT WORK USING THE COMPUTER AND SCM, FOS, ANYONE I WILL MAKE SURE THEY FIND YOU. I'll collect all the data and send it accordingly. No family member of mine will be fired while a supposed member of management breaks company policy. YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE SO CALLED MANAGER!!! XGO HERE WE GO. Trust this, I left on very good terms and over 1million miles accident free and never missed a day in over 10 years. I am well known and you will be called out!

IT'S FUNNY READING SOMETHING ABOUT "STEALING TIME" FROM A SUPPOSED MANAGER STEALING TIME! DON'T GIVE ME SALARY EXEMPT BECAUSE NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO USE THE INTERNET FOR PERSONAL USEAGE, NOBODY!!!! I'LL PROMISE YOU THAT ONCE MORE!!!

GO CARDINALS!

Actually BoxB has several computers in his office which are used for personal business. In reality he is a law enforcment officer posing as an SCM for CNW. His duties are to peruse LTL forums (currently assigned to this board) and search for assine ignorance. Then do what he can to eliminate said ignorance. From all appearances he may have his hands full!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Rat:biglaugh:

So tell us exactly how you guys went about fixing the problem ,that way we would be able to apply that towards fixing it at our company.

I thought it may be above you to lower youself
to " baiting " a relativly new poster with this .
That post was very well stated and easy to understand for some of us .

Might not an apology to her be warrented ?
Or might that be beneath you ?

Just4Thought

Your half right, We fight every day for different injustices. In New England we fought very hard for work rules,supplements that supersede any language in the contract and we won, Seniority one list, ad hock, differential pay, Holiday pay, Ect, Ect. People do not understand the local supplements. They supersede anything the contract says if approved and the above was approved. We continue to fight when problems arise as different situations arise from the wording in the contract.

Sorry this needed to be said and we can continue in the proper forum.
I said what I had to say and you said what you had to say. Now, we can put it all behind us..

Actually BoxB has several computers in his office which are used for personal business. In reality he is a law enforcment officer posing as an SCM for CNW. His duties are to peruse LTL forums (currently assigned to this board) and search for assine ignorance. Then do what he can to eliminate said ignorance. From all appearances he may have his hands full!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Rat:biglaugh:

From what I have read it seems you all by yourself could be a full time job ..

Let me ask you this Rat ... how long are your linehaul guys waiting for loads at your barn ..
I ask because this stealing time thing should go both ways. Your o/b fos tells you to get there at lets say 730 and you have to wait more than an hour but this same fos gives you grief for a 22 minute hook ..

From what I have read it seems you all by yourself could be a full time job ..

Let me ask you this Rat ... how long are your linehaul guys waiting for loads at your barn ..
I ask because this stealing time thing should go both ways. Your o/b fos tells you to get there at lets say 730 and you have to wait more than an hour but this same fos gives you grief for a 22 minute hook ..

Never thought about that side of it....I could be a full time job. Just doing what I can to help those in need...

As far as the LH guys waiting for loads, we don't have a lot of that. If we do it is mostly weather related. We have had some rough weather here recently and it has caused some problems with P&D guys getting back on time. This has caused some of the LHs to get out late. We did have one instance of a P&D truck (95 Ford) broke down about four miles from the barn and it was 2 1/2 hours late getting back which caused late LHs. But thats about it.

Our dockboss FOS is one sharp cookie. He keeps tabs on everything and makes sure what can be loaded is loaded. None of this 'docking freight' nonsense. He has been with company for over 20 years and definitely knows his stuff.

The whole 20 minute hook scenario is just plain nonsense. I suppose this came as result of a few taking advantage and milking the clock for they can get out of it. There are way too many variables in hooking a set to complain about a 22 minute hook. It takes what it takes.

Safety and equipment integrity should always be number one. Running like a fool to hook is just a recipe for a driver to get hurt. Then of course he or she gets an LOI for being unsafe (I have seen this happen at my old barn.) Weather plays a very significant part in the process whether it is recognized as a factor or not. Things are just harder to do and take longer in the winter for all the obvious reasons.

Anyone complaining about a 22 minute hook is an idiot...plain and simple. If the FOS can show me how to do it better then by all means please do do. I am always up for instruction on how to improve. I am sure there are those amongst us who will abuse the situation. Those individuals need to be dealt with on an as needed basis.

The 20 minute hook should be a guideline (or target if you will) but not an absolute. I have hooked in less than 20 minutes and have also taken much more time than that. It is what it is.

I would be interested to hear Box's slant on this matter.

Rat :loser:

BTW If the FOS says you have to report at 7:30 and you wait for an hour that is on duty not driving time...is it not?

BTW If the FOS says you have to report at 7:30 and you wait for an hour that is on duty not driving time...is it not?

That is what I thought .. but they want you to give an hour first. From what I have understood that if you are called in to be at the SC at a specific time they have an hour to get loads ready for you to move or they are suppose to start paying you or offer you work after that one hour. That is why I remarked about the sealing time goes both ways...

I was teasing you about being a full time job bro ... I should have put an LOL in there ..

NO...NO...NO!!!

No offense taken I got the levity of it! I thought it was hilarious as I am very opinionated. This is a great place I love it! Hooked up here by my former FOS at my old barn. Great guy and supervisor BTW!

Rat:loser: