FedEx Freight | STK has filed with the NLRB

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the company gives me a raise, then the union/company can't agree to more?
Sure they can,if both agree.They can't take anything back that you already enjoy. In other words they can't bargan backwards/down from what you already have. "nuff said gotta go play in the snow

Sure they can,if both agree.They can't take anything back that you already enjoy. In other words they can't bargan backwards/down from what you already have. "nuff said gotta go play in the snow

Are you talking about during the initial contract negotiation when you say they can't "bargain backwards/down", or anytime?

I "think" a lot of the misunderstanding comes from what can be offered/adjusted etc. at the centers in question. The other 300 plus, being separate entities are not effected or constrained. I'm not 100% educated on this, so feel free to dismiss this as opinion. I also don't know if the affected locations at Conway received the raises or if they were under a freeze. Obviously Conway "said" it was due to the driver shortage.

I would sincerely appreciate it if 222lifer would clarify, as he seems to be the most knowledgeable on the specifics of this process. Help, we need a THUG (Teamster Helping Unions Grow) in the house!
I'm sorry fellas but my word has no bearing on these forums any longer. JohnDeere4020 is there to help you out.

What a perfect opportunity to do some research and educate yourself. After doing so, you can post a link with the correct information and impress the :::shit::: out of us.
Surely sir. The NLRA has a publication called "The Basic Guide to the NLRA" and in it they say that the right to collectively bargain only means that both sides can ask, and there is no deal until both sides agree. Nobody can be forced to agree to anything, and their is no binding arbitration. If the company says no, it's no. Whatever these sides agree to can be more wages, less wages, or the same wages. Do you disagree with this? If so, you should call the NLRB and ask. That's what I did. The union will agree to less if that's the only deal they can get because they get our dues when they get a deal, a good one or a bad one.
This is what my independent research has told me.

The union will agree to less if that's the only deal they can get because they get our dues when they get a deal, a good one or a bad one.
This is what my independent research has told me.

The Driver/Members would have to also agree and vote to ratify... That is the flaw in your thinking.

unions have standards, they will not negotiate backwards, it would just go to impasse, you wouldnt have a contract. do a little bit more research.

Good luck to you folks. Just remember why you petitioned when the circus comes to town. They have made lots of promises to other centers, and here we are today in the same boat.

The Driver/Members would have to also agree and vote to ratify... That is the flaw in your thinking.
No they don't HAVE to. But the union, if they let you vote, can make you choose your poison, vote for the contract or vote for a strike. If it's a contract with less, which do I vote for?

i already told you, the union has certain standards for bargaining a first contract, you wouldnt be put in your hypothetical position. you dont go backwards, or threaten a strike. if the company tries to come at you with less money than before, thats "bargaining in bad faith", which is a ULP charge....

i already told you, the union has certain standards for bargaining a first contract, you wouldnt be put in your hypothetical position. you dont go backwards, or threaten a strike. if the company tries to come at you with less money than before, thats "bargaining in bad faith", which is a ULP charge....
I know you already told me, but you'll forgive me for my reluctance. I'll tell you, the labor board disagrees with you. Offering less is not bargaining in bad faith. Refusal to bargain at all is. I'm only telling you what they say. I'm not trusting anybody on here. To many motives. Everybody tells you to check the facts, then they lie like you just did. Negotiations are a gamble. If up was the only way to go, every person in the USA would join the union.

I called the Board agent in Atlanta. Nice lady! She referred me to two NLRB cases which they say speaks to this and is commonly used as case law. These are quotes from those cases.
“Collective bargaining is potentially hazardous for employees and as a result of such negotiations, employees could wind up with less benefits after unionization than before.”-- Coach & Equipment Sales Corp., 228 NLRB NO. 51
and
There Is, Of Course, No Obligation On The Part Of An Employer to Contract To Continue All Existing Benefits, Nor Is It An Unfair Labor Practice To Offer Reduced Benefits . . Midwestern Instruments, Inc., 133 N.L.R.B. 1132

buffalobill? What say you?

No they don't HAVE to. But the union, if they let you vote, can make you choose your poison, vote for the contract or vote for a strike. If it's a contract with less, which do I vote for?
I disagree members always vote on their contract.
A strike vote is just that a strike vote taken separate....

Your bargaining agent goes back to the table.
Mediation is used if two sides can not agree.........
And the mediator makes them agree? Does the company have to agree to anything the mediator says? How long can this go on. What happens if the company keeps saying No, or insists on less?

Status
Not open for further replies.