Yellow | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits

5036976373_df9f1c4da1_b.jpg

5037594830_e26303a473_b.jpg

Do all laid off employees get to vote on this ,I thought I read it some where that all employees will get to vote ???????

Have some news for ya. You have no more work rules. Its just whatever they want you to do now. Trust me I know we are working with what they shoved down our throats right now.

Weren't they supposed to put some incentive for us to actually consider a yes vote in this?
Same thought here. I kept waiting to read what was in it for us. Never did find anything in it worth the paper that it was written on. This POS makes for an easy decision. No chance.

Shoved down our throats??? But it passed, remember? This one is gonna be shoved so far up our a$$es, that we'll be able to taste it! The IBT oughta be ashamed!!!!!

I can live with this. Very little here would hurt me and the pension resumption is the key. Anybody who has a defined pension plan in this day and age should protect it with his life ! Not to mention free health care and a lazymans job !

Well for everyone that said YES last time did you think it would be any different? We keep giving they keep taking, when will it stop? When we all vote NO.

All laid off employees will get to vote on this according to tdu website

Summary of Terms

•The agreement with YRCW companies would be extended two years, to March 31, 2015.
•The present pension withdrawal would continue until June 1, 2011. Then YRCW would make a contribution of 25% of the contract rate in effect on July 1, 2009, which is far below the present rate. (The rate was about $7 at that time, so 25% would be a rate of about $1.75 per hour). It is not clear if all the pension trusts will allow this, and what it would mean for members’ pension credits. That information should be forthcoming soon. By 2015 the contract pension contribution rate will be approximately $12 per hour.
So, Teamster members would get a $1.75 pension contribution. The new concessions would include:

•Road drivers drop and hook at end-of-line terminals, even when yard crews are on duty.
•A new classification of 4-hour cartage part-timers would be created, up to 10% of the seniority list with a minimum of two.
•Teamsters with four or more weeks vacation give up one week per year.
•Coffee breaks cut from 15 to 10 minutes, in states where legal.
•Road casuals allowed everywhere, including the Central Region.
•Lunch breaks 30 or 60 minutes, at the company’s discretion on a daily basis.
•Sunday through Saturday flex work week, in all areas.
•And some other work rule changes affecting certain locals.
The 15% wage concession would continue for 4.5 years, with annual increases of 40c-45c-40c-40c, minus the 15%. Health and welfare continue as at present, with annual bumps of 35c to keep it funded.

This will be the beginning of part time drivers with a 4 hour rule. Our bid list now at ABF/PVD revolves around part time dock workers now, Choice of dock work has been taken away from full time employees since the last contract passed. With 4 hour work rules you will see the end of full time hires once the regular employees are gone. Also, since when has the union monitored anything in any contract we ever had....THIS IS VERY BAD NEWS......................WAKE UP PEOPLE.... The union is bringing down this industry, not the non unions....

This looks more like everything the company wanted when negotiating the NMFA a few years ago . Its clearly a wish list .For all those who said wait till we have more info before deciding on a yes or no vote ,aren't you glad you waited ?
I'll flip burgers before I risk my life in the BS traffic and weather of the northeast for this company . If you have one disk left in your spine , you vote NO .And for the union to bring this to us is the ultimate insult .Hoffa and Johnson have no shame ,pride ,or balls .