Yellow | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

What the guys at the 2 man meeting should have done was read this junk ,drop it on the floor and left. My vote is NO!!!

Just got back home from Dallas.....we have a duty as officers of the Union to report back this information to the members.

We ain't trying to sale a damned thing.

We will explain the information and discuss it with our Local members of YRC and Holland....the ballots will be mailed out on 10/7/10 and counted in Washinton, DC around 10/29/10.

It is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't....THE MEMBERS will make the decession.....KK

re-entry into the pension funds 06/01/2011 states it will be at a rate of 25%, but for how long? seems like they are leaving an opening for this to go on continuosly. Also looks like long time employees are taking the biggest hit. How come since an employee with over 4 weeks vacation will lose a week but junior employees with less than 4 weeks lose nothing for now?

re-entry into the pension funds 06/01/2011 states it will be at a rate of 25%, but for how long? seems like they are leaving an opening for this to go on continuosly. Also looks like long time employees are taking the biggest hit. How come since an employee with over 4 weeks vacation will lose a week but junior employees with less than 4 weeks lose nothing for now?

GREAT question Jethro !! Make sure you ask them at your Union Meeting and please let us know the answers !! :1036316054:

Would you feel like sharing with us the tone & feel of that meeting, & your impressions? Thanks for getting the info to us so fast...our local still hasn't put out anything yet, including a date for a meeting.

Just got back home from Dallas.....we have a duty as officers of the Union to report back this information to the members.

We will explain the information and discuss it with our Local members of YRC and Holland....the ballots will be mailed out on 10/7/10 and counted in Washinton, DC around 10/29/10.

It is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't....THE MEMBERS will make the decession.....KK

Would you feel like sharing with us the tone & feel of that meeting, & your impressions? Thanks for getting the info to us so fast...our local still hasn't put out anything yet, including a date for a meeting.

Here's My VOTE ......NONONONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.....HELL NO! Jr and Johnson should get off their Knees, All the swallowing they've been doing is now being passed to the mambership.....Keep your J**m IDIOTS!!

Once again, I want to know why does it need to be a 4 1/2 deal???? You know damn well that this economy will turn around and life will be great (maybe even next year) and corporate will be more then happy to take OUR money!!! I would even give it some real thought if it was on a year by year basis but 4 1/2 years??? Screw that! I sure hope people remember that Chicago didn't back down and they are still OPEN! Also ABF didn't back down and they too are still open! Another thing, Zollars is staying until things get straighten out???? With this "Plan" that wont be until 2015!! We are really taking this in the A** and I am starting to get a little sore!

My vote is NO

WEll I hope all the Presidents of all the local unions across the nation stand up draw a line in the sand and tell their members to vote NO to this Non-Union contract. My father has been a Yrc teamster since 1976 and this is not the union he helped built. The union he helped built was a strong Teamsters Union. You know the members are what makes the union strong or weak and i have admit we have pretty weak members with no backbone. Everybody needs to spread the word and tell all your brothers and sisters that we need to stand up to these Corporate Thugs and tell them we are Teamsters and we aint gonna play their Bs game anymore.

GREAT question Jethro !! Make sure you ask them at your Union Meeting and please let us know the answers !! :1036316054:
That's the problem R-14. This POS agreement has already been made. It's too late to change anything now anyway. I will answer Jethro's question for him, and save him the time....... "we will have to get back with you on that".

It was very somber....when the finacial guy went over the findings of going through YRCW's books (This is why you met in person, as the figures cannot be diclosed in the open)....you could have heard a pin drop in the whole building.

I know you guys will have plenty to say...BUT....if they don't get this passed....the lenders will most likely pull out.

I am not, nor are any of the other Locals, trying to sell you a bill of goods.....we voted to take the information back to our members without a recomendation, present the information and the members will get ballots after 10/7 and it will be in their power to vote yes...or vote no.

Anyone on here that was present knows I went to the microphone and spoke my mind.

I did say ...."I want to thank the Committee for all the hard work they have gone through to help try and save jobs...we are still dealing with a company that has become anti-employee since the last bailout.....management is showing no respect to our members and to this day purposely violates our NMFA....Now that they want another handout to save their sorry asses, they are wanting these same employees to forget and forgive and vote yes to save the company?....Many of our members have had enough of their crap and say let them reap what they have sown!...."
that is what I said at the microphone, as hard as it was, knowing that over 25,000 jobs are at risk....but that is what our members are telling us, and that is what I said at the micorphone.

While there will NOT be anymore wage reductions until 2015...is losing 1 week of vacation, 10 minutes of breaks daily, drop and hook your own sets....etc...etc worth the risks?

That is why the constitution must be adhered to, and you and anyone who still has recall rights will be voting....I do not vote for you....that is your priveledge and duty as a union member to do so.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago gave them a No. ABF gave a No. I think its time we all gave them a No. The lenders can buy a cheaper model
BMW as far as I am concerned. They have to much money to lend and no where to pot it now. Pulling out on YRCW at the turning point isn't gonna happen IMO. YRCW can always sell the logistics company they started with our revenue if it gets that bad.

Thanks for the info KK .I know thier are 25,000 jobs at stake but i have had enough.they will continue the abuses and keep mismanaging yrc.the 4 HOUR shift is a joke and the10 minute break is just to rub it in our faces.I'm now voting NO , WHAT EVER HAPPENS ,HAPPENS.

At this point, I don't think the Union wants the Union. If that makes sense... This is bad! Where is the representation? Cowards!! You sold out! Vote no!

Which books? The REAL ones or the ones they wanted you to hear/see?? I am so sick of the non-backing by my "Brother" leaders! As far as I am concerned, SHUT THE DOORS!! Rockford, IL terminal (Holland) around 800 OB bills last night. SOMEONE will get those extra 800 bills. I will just go there for a job. Just because YRCW folds doesn't mean the customers we haul freight for will shut their doors!!! I would be more then happy for this place to close then all the bulls#!t lies from ALL the "Leaders" will be DONE! I don't even care what the"Union" has to say anymore! Go and give your BOO-HOO's to someone that gives a ::shit::! All you union "Leaders" are just a bunch of "YES" men and the proof to that is in the article I read "TEAMSTER LEADERS UNANIMOUSLY ENDORSE COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL RESTRUCTURING OF YRCW"....here is the link to that one...http://www.teamster.org/content/tea...-comprehensive-financial-restructuring-yrcw-0
OOHHHH...Thats right, its right on the Unions web site! Save your stamps on that "Ballot", this is already a done deal! I say go back to the show of hands! Better yet....call the bluff....SHUT THE DOORS!!!

Perhaps that is intended to force more of the older workers off the payrolls and onto the pension funds backs, after which their previous work then can be done by 4-hour shift workers on flex weeks.

I wonder.. a 4 hour shift to put laid of men back to work, we need to average 3 days a week with 8 hour days to keep our medical now... will the teamsters be reducing the amount of hours we need? or do they want us to work 4 hours a day, put up with all the work rules the company wants to enforce, get threats for not answering calls, and have to deal with the problems with unemployment when the company tells them your not laid off and he wont answer the phone to come to work. and still not even have the one and only thing thats worth a damn for working for this company.. medical benefits. This is a No brainer.... NO WAY NO HOW!!

For all you "NO SAYERS"

If you think you can find a better job with any better binnes just go for it. Just quit,go to those "BETTER" jobs and let those who wnt to see "OL YELLER" survive keep these jobs. If you haven't noticed it there is a ressesion going on out there and jobs even as good as this just can't be found. REMEMBER "CF" and at least YRC is trying and not closing the door without notice.