Yellow | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

Screw them

I am voting No and can confidently predict that No will be the vote of the majority. So if they are serious, they may as well shut her down now. My road job wasn't worth a damn anyway, that is why I am on leave of absence. I moved when they had the change of operation or I would still be laid off, but when I moved I ended up with a job not worth having. I do not believe in working 6 nights a week, seemed like slavery to me, and not even as good as my cousins job at Fedex. He works 5 nights a week, drives less miles, and makes more money.

Why has nothing been brought up about glenmoore? How about the freight that has been diverted to them? Are they going to be part of this or are they going to be the 4 hr and casuals that are being talked about? Are they still going to be taking our freight as "purchased transportation? I've noticed that you don't hear them on the radio hirring since this give back talk has started, just a few questions I'd like answerd .

OK...here's the question. They say if this isn't passed, the lenders will pull out. I can see the lenders pulling out without the financial side of the concessions. But what do the lenders have to do with changes in the work rules?? Those work rules were fought for & won over many many years. We all know that once they're changed, it becomes past practice, & it takes an act of congress to get them changed. And, what about the contract in 2013? Are those new rules going to become part of that contract?? Why can't we vote on these things separately? It seems like there would be more success at getting something passed if we didn't have to vote on the proposal as an all or nothing.

It was very somber....when the finacial guy went over the findings of going through YRCW's books (This is why you met in person, as the figures cannot be diclosed in the open)....you could have heard a pin drop in the whole building.

I know you guys will have plenty to say...BUT....if they don't get this passed....the lenders will most likely pull out.

I am not, nor are any of the other Locals, trying to sell you a bill of goods.....we voted to take the information back to our members without a recomendation, present the information and the members will get ballots after 10/7 and it will be in their power to vote yes...or vote no.

Anyone on here that was present knows I went to the microphone and spoke my mind.

I did say ...."I want to thank the Committee for all the hard work they have gone through to help try and save jobs...we are still dealing with a company that has become anti-employee since the last bailout.....management is showing no respect to our members and to this day purposely violates our NMFA....Now that they want another handout to save their sorry asses, they are wanting these same employees to forget and forgive and vote yes to save the company?....Many of our members have had enough of their crap and say let them reap what they have sown!...."
that is what I said at the microphone, as hard as it was, knowing that over 25,000 jobs are at risk....but that is what our members are telling us, and that is what I said at the micorphone.

While there will NOT be anymore wage reductions until 2015...is losing 1 week of vacation, 10 minutes of breaks daily, drop and hook your own sets....etc...etc worth the risks?

That is why the constitution must be adhered to, and you and anyone who still has recall rights will be voting....I do not vote for you....that is your priveledge and duty as a union member to do so.....KK

you are god aren't you

I wonder.. a 4 hour shift to put laid of men back to work, we need to average 3 days a week with 8 hour days to keep our medical now... will the teamsters be reducing the amount of hours we need? or do they want us to work 4 hours a day, put up with all the work rules the company wants to enforce, get threats for not answering calls, and have to deal with the problems with unemployment when the company tells them your not laid off and he wont answer the phone to come to work. and still not even have the one and only thing thats worth a damn for working for this company.. medical benefits. This is a No brainer.... NO WAY NO HOW!!
You can just see that one coming. They will deny unemployment benefits because there is work for the laid off....4 hours at a time.

You can just see that one coming. They will deny unemployment benefits because there is work for the laid off....4 hours at a time.

I've been told that the 4 hours is voluntary and they cannot deny unemployment if they turn the work down...we'll see if it's true when we see it in writing..

OK...here's the question. They say if this isn't passed, the lenders will pull out. I can see the lenders pulling out without the financial side of the concessions. But what do the lenders have to do with changes in the work rules?? Those work rules were fought for & won over many many years. We all know that once they're changed, it becomes past practice, & it takes an act of congress to get them changed. And, what about the contract in 2013? Are those new rules going to become part of that contract?? Why can't we vote on these things separately? It seems like there would be more success at getting something passed if we didn't have to vote on the proposal as an all or nothing.
Their way of thinking is.......Never let a good recession go to waste. They think that they have a good excuse for stealing money from us and changing the work rules in their favor. If they don't screw us now, they may never get themselves into another financial hardship like this again. So they must take full advantage of the opportunity while it's here.

If you think you can find a better job with any better binnes just go for it. Just quit,go to those "BETTER" jobs and let those who wnt to see "OL YELLER" survive keep these jobs. If you haven't noticed it there is a ressesion going on out there and jobs even as good as this just can't be found. REMEMBER "CF" and at least YRC is trying and not closing the door without notice.
I have a better idea James. If you don't mind working for $12.00 per hour and no pension, I think that you would be doing all of us a favor if YOU quit. If you want to work for this type of crap......leave, so the rest of us can stay at the top of the scale. Besides, it will be much easier for you to find your $12.00 per hour dream job than it will be for us to save what we currently have.

Weren't they supposed to put some incentive for us to actually consider a yes vote in this?

you get $1.40 an hour pay raise the -15% included over the 5 years..that ain't too shabby but you take a good hit on the ot with the flex week Sat and Sun at straight time..3 added start times plus calling in 4 hour guarantee local p/d drivers will probably work 8 hrs to make sure you don't get a digit of overtime. Road casuals will create work assuming laid off are asked first. It's a 5+ year contract. Who will turn it down for more? :popcorn: a lot less stress..to hell with the blood money. If the economy comes back in 5 years ya push back

Last edited by a moderator:
ya got to be kidding!! push back in 5 years? understand something, if this thing goes through, that will be the new work rules and new pension contribution... if they ever get back on there feet and start making money, the only thing that will happen is the a-holes that made this mess, and got us to give away everything left in the contract that gives us any security, will get a BIG FAT BONUS!! they will be considered hero's and we will be complaining and crying in our beer that we let them do this to us! why is it so easy to commit mass murder in foreign country's? because everyone wants to think it wont happen to them! and if they just go along with what they say, things will get better.. that is until they hear the gunshot in back of there head!............ when all this first started they said they were trying to save 40,000 jobs.. the second give back they were trying to save 35,000 jobs, now there saying there trying to save 25,000 jobs.... this doesn't look like mass murder of our jobs?? just think about this, new penn voted the 2nd give back down.. they threatened to close them down if they don't re-vote.. so the union sent out a re-vote without changing one single word! where in the world do you see people having a vote and because what they voted for wasn't what the man at the top wanted, they made them re-vote so it went there way?? why have a vote at all??? the only place this happens untill now is in the 3rd world county's with dictators! and when you see that happening on the news, is there a single one of you out there that says " there doing the right thing! i wished i lived there " come on guys, this is the USA... we don't bend to dictator threats! we are better then this!! show pride!! show guts! if we do go down, at least be proud and say we went down fighting for what we believe in!

NO WAY NO HOW
now there saying there trying to save 25,000 jobs.... this doesn't look like mass murder of our jobs??

come on guys, this is the USA... we don't bend to dictator threats! we are better then this!! show pride!! show guts! if we do go down, at least be proud and say we went down fighting for what we believe in!

that kind of gung ho rhetoric ain't gonna work this time bro. You got nobody covering your back. They are broke! believe it! You can't retire with a weeks pay till your 64-65 anyways. This time they are required to pay into the pension. I don't think it's all that bad and I don't think it gets any better for awhile. Where did the saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" come from? Take the money..money buys happiness

you work for YRC right?​

i worked for red star, survived when they closed there doors over night! worked at holland, survived them shutting there northeast terminals down! now im at new penn.. and i can tell you what most of us already know, we will survive yrc shutting down! it wont be half as bad as our imagination makes us believe it will be!... so when you say take the money.. what money??? was watching the news the other night, it use to be teachers were way below us in pay scale! none of us would ever consider being a teacher making 25k a year... well guess what, 1st year teachers are now making 46k... there top pay teachers are making 89k and this is grade school and high school, ... the rest of the world has moved on, a decent car nowadays cost a whole years salary.... and you think this is money??? this is unskilled labor rates!! and yet we have to protect our CDLs 24 hours a day! never know what time were gonna be home to have dinner with our families... and now afraid to make any financial commitments because we dont have the smallest amount of security with our jobs! this is not just the economy doing this! this has been done to us by a few people that has no concern about our lives or the hardships were going through! i can bet you that they havnt had to stop doing anything there use to doing at home! im sure there vacations are still first class, and there cookouts are still done with the best cuts of meat money can buy! if there trying to keep yrc from going under, its because there expecting to profit heavily from it! the question is, are they just trying to keep us in business for a certain amount of time? or are they trying to get us back on our feet.. i would think from them selling everything of value this company owned... its a time stamp there looking at!

1st YRC next UPS

A "NO" vote will simply send it back to the 'bargaining committee'. "Bargaining Committee"? Did the Two Man Meeting open the CONTRACT? We're negotiating a new CONTRACT by way of a Two Man Meeting?
And all the Laid Off brothers are going to get a ballot?
I bid into TX, clocked in on Monday got Laid Off on Friday. Detroit to TX to LA to TX to Laid Off, and I'm going to get a ballot?
This whole thing is a F'N lie.
How many Union and non-Union trucks is YRCW (or whatever their names are) running? Didn't the IBT demand that all YRCW (or whatever the name) become Union? That all YRCW (or whatever the name) stop bidding customers against each other? WTF IS A UNION WORTH IF IT SELLS IT'S BROTHERS UNDER TO THE SAME COMPANY NON-UNION SHOULD BE BROTHERS

MY GOD IBT, DOES SACHS AND ROTHSCHILD HOLD YOUR PENSION STRINGS THE SAME WAY IT HOLDS YRCW DEBT?

The IBT has corrupted the pension fund and is hiding it from us (I can't put the evidence in front of anyone, but it will come out) and I think Sachs/Rothschild/Loyds has James by the ballz.

NO NO NO NO NO NO

I'll be calling my LA local and have them send my ballot to me in FL.

(*^&%##*(^*$%))_*&$_(Q&)$Q^$)&$()Q_$Q&Q$_Q

that kind of gung ho rhetoric ain't gonna work this time bro. You got nobody covering your back. They are broke! believe it! You can't retire with a weeks pay till your 64-65 anyways. This time they are required to pay into the pension. I don't think it's all that bad and I don't think it gets any better for awhile. Where did the saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" come from? Take the money..money buys happiness

you work for YRC right?​
Maybe there is hope after all. A yes vote only means that there is a chance for YRCW to survive. A no vote insures that EVERYONE will be looking for a new job with NO VACATION TIME and at the BOTTOM OF A NEW SENIORITY LIST.

Maybe there is hope after all. A yes vote only means that there is a chance for YRCW to survive. A no vote insures that EVERYONE will be looking for a new job with NO VACATION TIME and at the BOTTOM OF A NEW SENIORITY LIST.
Or we vote NO and they come back with a real proposal that actually has something in it for us. Or we vote NO and nothing changes come January 1, 2011, AND they start paying into our pension funds like THEY agreed to! I'll happily take the consequences if I'm wrong. And you can thank us "NO" voters for getting your pension back for you.

Here is a incentive. The new casuals will have to join the Union. More initiation fees and dues coming in to the union. That is the only insentive I can see. Also no reduction in pay, just other areas. Which means that incoming dues to Union will not be decreased. How's that for a insentive? I for one smell a rat!

Or we vote NO and they come back with a real proposal that actually has something in it for us. Or we vote NO and nothing changes come January 1, 2011, AND they start paying into our pension funds like THEY agreed to! I'll happily take the consequences if I'm wrong. And you can thank us "NO" voters for getting your pension back for you.

seriously Flash, you are dreaming maybe even hallucinatory

did you read KK's comments about the debt?

the vote boils down to whether or not you believe the debt is a problem

or if you care it is a problem or you should maintain top scale if even if you believe it is a problem

the worst part is you think they will pay it

it's uppercut time
or get knocked out

Dominos.gif

[Unionjack]I smell a rat!

Care to elaborate?

Think of all the warnings I gave about how the "note" agreements of the NMFA would cause a massive shakeup of Teamster job security.

Look at what the proposal says about work linehaul drivers will be able to perform for example. It intimates they will be able to stop at a customer or terminal for a pickup or drop off. It could mean they will regularly be used in place of P n D drivers and dock workers, stopping at customers/terminals ANY TIME they aren't running terminal to terminal loaded to completely load and unload trailers. This can potential put thousands of Teamsters out of work and reduce all linehauls to Conway caliber.

The way the pension is worded, due to fall layoffs and since they do not give pension credit for vacation time now, MAYBE 10 or 20% of all YRC Teamsters will get 1/2 pension credit for 2011. That is at 25% of regular rate.

This is just the start. They will expound this to change ANY non standard work rule they want IMO. That means gradual erosion of work rules at all terminals to the worst in the country. Grievances will be thrown out due to the vagueness of the agreement.

IMO, if this goes through, even the Pied Piper won't be able to salvage what the Teamsters once were at YRC.