Yellow | Taxpayers Subsidize Walmart And America's Richest Family $7.8 Billion Annually!

In a way it does, for example if you have one in your municipality and they offered a tax break for them to locate there then your tax dollars are making up for the extra police coverage, traffic coverage, street repairs etc..

Just like any other large employer that brings jobs to a locality. For those who haven't read the original article, it claimed that Walmart got 7.8 billion in govt subsidies, which was a lie, but considering the source, the radical Citizens for Tax Fairness, I was not surprised. I was also not surprised that TDU would pick up on this lie and spread it around to it's readers.

I think you missed the point. If any municipality provides a TIF district, where do you think the uncollected property taxes are made up from? If any business in your town is paying reduced property tax rates then the remaining tax payers are making up the difference.

Do you even know what you're saying? Tax breaks for Wal-Mart has nothing to do with my money. A tax break for Wal-Mart means they get to keep more of their own earned money. The website is bias and ran by morons like you. I ask again genius, who is actually receiving the welfare? Wal-Mart or the employees? Before you try to debate on my level, make sure you know what the hell you're talking about. A government subsidy is when government gives actual money to the business. In this case no money is being given to Wal-Mart. A tax break by definition isn't a subsidy.[/

If you don't understand my postings I can try to dumb them down,

And as for that moron comment whats that about ???? Never in any of my posts did I ever insult or attack you,

Crash snarls I-69 in DeKalb | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

bilde

From the hundreds of new jobs created. Thousands is some cases.

Do you even know what you're saying? Tax breaks for Wal-Mart has nothing to do with my money. A tax break for Wal-Mart means they get to keep more of their own earned money. The website is bias and ran by morons like you. I ask again genius, who is actually receiving the welfare? Wal-Mart or the employees? Before you try to debate on my level, make sure you know what the hell you're talking about. A government subsidy is when government gives actual money to the business. In this case no money is being given to Wal-Mart. A tax break by definition isn't a subsidy.[/

And as for that moron comment whats that about ???? Never in any of my posts did I ever insult or attack you,

There's a reason you can't explain it to me. Because you have no clue what you're talking about. The union gives you a talking point, and you go with it. You think a business keeping more of their own money is subsidy. That's factually wrong. When you take the home mortgage deduction, are you being subsidized by the government?

And it's kinda hard to claim Wal-Mart is being subsidized anything when they're paying billions in taxes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ompanies-paying-highest-income-taxes/1991313/

I think you missed the point. If any municipality provides a TIF district, where do you think the uncollected property taxes are made up from? If any business in your town is paying reduced property tax rates then the remaining tax payers are making up the difference.
That may be true, but why is Walmart the bad guy? Maybe we should be going after those politicians and government agents who approved this situation. Walmart is just taking advantage of a situation, in their favor. After all, I do believe the job of business is to make as much as it can, while not paying out more then it takes in. Anyway, thats my two bits.

What does that mean? Is he not "union" enough? That is like saying Herman Cain isn't "black" enough. A shallow comment from a shallow guy who defines himself by his union card and cannot understand that his opinion isn't the only one out there.
Shallow is the man or woman who speaks of what they do not know and you know nothing of Stoney and my several years of trading posts with him on this site.

It's nothing personal against you and you are not alone. But...call him Stonehead one time and he will go running to the boss ranting, raving and crying. :ranting2: :crybaby:

That may be true, but why is Walmart the bad guy? Maybe we should be going after those politicians and government agents who approved this situation. Walmart is just taking advantage of a situation, in their favor. After all, I do believe the job of business is to make as much as it can, while not paying out more then it takes in. Anyway, thats my two bits.
I think they're all guilty as charged.

It's nothing personal against you and you are not alone. But...call him Stonehead one time and he will go running to the boss ranting, raving and crying. :ranting2: :crybaby:

It only bothered me when I tried to ease the tone and try to be civil, but you couldn't do it.

It's always personal with you, thats you follow me to other threads just to be petty. In fact looking back thru this particular thread, you've offered nothing to this pertaining to the subject at hand, just petty cracks towards me. Why? Because I think differently from you? Or maybe because I've made a fool of you so many times, that's all you have left in your arsenal?

The problem arises out of governmental entities providing preferential treatment. TIF districts or zoning variances, etc. it's not a strategy exclusive to Wal-Mart. When hugely profitable corporations extract concessions; those actions, while legal, are morally and ethically troubling. And do result in added costs to other businesses, as well as individual tax payers.

I do NOT shop at any Walmarts !!!! they treat the workers like crap & don't pay crap !! & plus just Goggle "The people of walmart" it is kinda sad the low IQ people that shop there , the video says it all !!

My Sister makes $13.54 an hour at a Supermarket in NW Ohio with the United Food and Commercial Workers Union. However, the store cut her hours per week so they don't have to offer health insurance.

Just say'n

Of what than?

If you as a "union" person cannot see what Walmart has done to retail in this country then I do feel sorry for you.. But after having my wife's business directly affected by them and then seeing three "LOCAL" manufacturing businesses go under directly caused by Walmart you should be able to see why I have no love for them.. I went to every town meeting when they first came here and trust me they did nothing but lie.. If it wasn't for the state pushing hard for them they would never had gotten in here as the locals like myself did not want them.. Fifteen years and they still do not pay their fair share of taxes..

If you as a "union" person cannot see what Walmart has done to retail in this country then I do feel sorry for you.. But after having my wife's business directly affected by them and then seeing three "LOCAL" manufacturing businesses go under directly caused by Walmart you should be able to see why I have no love for them.. I went to every town meeting when they first came here and trust me they did nothing but lie.. If it wasn't for the state pushing hard for them they would never had gotten in here as the locals like myself did not want them.. Fifteen years and they still do not pay their fair share of taxes..

So your wife's business was affected. So what? I still see plenty of small business's around. I see more options to shop today than ever before.
I'm sorry your wife lost her business, but that's not the case everywhere.

Fair share in taxes? They roughly pay 31% constantly. I'm site they're following every tax law on the books.
Truth is you wouldn't care as long as Wal-Mart were union. But since they're not, you come up with all sorts of excuses to hate them.

I still fail to see what Wal-Mart has done wrong.

I refuse to enter a Walmart. I went in there a time or two because I like to check everything out, I'm nosy like that. I couldn't differentiate between the workers or the patrons.
Photos - People Of Walmart

It only bothered me when I tried to ease the tone and try to be civil, but you couldn't do it.

It's always personal with you, thats you follow me to other threads just to be petty. In fact looking back thru this particular thread, you've offered nothing to this pertaining to the subject at hand, just petty cracks towards me. Why? Because I think differently from you? Or maybe because I've made a fool of you so many times, that's all you have left in your arsenal?
You obviously didn't look too hard.

I refuse to enter a Walmart. I went in there a time or two because I like to check everything out, I'm nosy like that. I couldn't differentiate between the workers or the patrons.
Photos - People Of Walmart

I could...I mean I'm dying to...but I'll just sit tight this one time. :coffee1:
You're welcome, Stoney

Disclaimer: Stoney is not a representative sample of an ABF driver.

Stoney's going to go work there so he can get the employee discount. :hysterical:

That is a fact. Electronics and other products are not exempt. Home Chepot does the same thing. Then they offer 'price match' on their products. Thing is their models are made just for them so you won't find anything to match price with.

Truer words have never been spoken. :clapping:

You and which other? :hysterical:

Shallow is the man or woman who speaks of what they do not know and you know nothing of Stoney and my several years of trading posts with him on this site.

I think they're all guilty as charged.

You obviously didn't look too hard.

Sorry, my bad. 1 out of 11.