Yellow | Taxpayers Subsidize Walmart And America's Richest Family $7.8 Billion Annually!

I think you missed the point. If any municipality provides a TIF district, where do you think the uncollected property taxes are made up from? If any business in your town is paying reduced property tax rates then the remaining tax payers are making up the difference.
Ok well by your logic, then no municipality should provide any TIF districts for any business development anywhere within its zoning boundaries, right? I mean, we wouldn't want to upset the homeowners because a business is paying a lower tax rate than they are. Have you ever stopped to consider that when businesses come to your town, they create jobs, which creates a larger income tax base and over the long haul helps reduce the overall tax burden borne by the homeowners? Why don't you admit flat out that you're a Walmart hater, you can't help it, you're union, you have to hate Walmart.

Ok well by your logic, then no municipality should provide any TIF districts for any business development anywhere within its zoning boundaries, right? I mean, we wouldn't want to upset the homeowners because a business is paying a lower tax rate than they are. Have you ever stopped to consider that when businesses come to your town, they create jobs, which creates a larger income tax base and over the long haul helps reduce the overall tax burden borne by the homeowners? Why don't you admit flat out that you're a Walmart hater, you can't help it, you're union, you have to hate Walmart.
There is merit to what you say there and that is why cities and states give these tax incentives. It does still tip the playing field against others who are not privy to those same incentives.

What has Wal-Mart done to this country? Except provide a service in high demand, jobs ( many of which are good PAYING jobs ), and offer low prices. HOW HORRIBLE!

If my neighbors have a business and can't compete, than thats their problem. Its not like Wal-Mart is knocking out all the competition. I see plenty of small business's around.

Taken us jobs and moved them overseas, lowered wages for working poor, and generally just bad people to work for. That's just off the top of my head give me some time and I will come up with specifics

Did you ever think that when Walmart comes to a town it effects the towns and traffic flow in the neighboring towns which have no say about it? Did you ever ask yourself why they come to a small town with an army of lawyers to jam their wants down your throat? or why if they are such good people they feel the need come to a town when so many don't want them but they have one land owner willing to sell. where they see the opposition as a weaker target? I'll stop now but you get the drift

Please tell me how property taxes are related to income tax. Why don't you admit you don't have a very clear understanding of how taxes are collected and dispersed? Do you understand that when you replace locally owned businesses with corporate owned businesses the profits no longer are reinvested locally?

Taken us jobs and moved them overseas, lowered wages for working poor, and generally just bad people to work for. That's just off the top of my head give me some time and I will come up with specifics

Wal-Mart hasn't taken any US jobs overseas. Where do you get that?

As far as the wages, no one is forced to work there, and if one works there, they don't hace to stay. How much should a cashier and stockboy make anyways? Wal-Mart paying low wages to some is passed onto the consumer with cheaper prices.

And that's your opinion they're bad people to work for. I know mant Wal-Mart employees that love working for Wal-Mart.

Did you ever think that when Walmart comes to a town it effects the towns and traffic flow in the neighboring towns which have no say about it? Did you ever ask yourself why they come to a small town with an army of lawyers to jam their wants down your throat? or why if they are such good people they feel the need come to a town when so many don't want them but they have one land owner willing to sell. where they see the opposition as a weaker target? I'll stop now but you get the drift

Who cares what other towns think. Each town is responsible for themselves.

Sure they come with a an army of lawyers, and I don't blame them. Now more than ever before, Wal-Mart is met with irrational hate and obstacles.

Please tell me how property taxes are related to income tax. Why don't you admit you don't have a very clear understanding of how taxes are collected and dispersed? Do you understand that when you replace locally owned businesses with corporate owned businesses the profits no longer are reinvested locally?

Loss revenue from the tax breaks that Wal-Mart gets is made up ten fold with the new jobs created and taxes they pay.

Actually if you think about it, there is no loss in Revenue, because if Wal-Mart doesn't come to town build, there will be no revenue to begin with.

I reality your just moving the tax revenue from one store to another, I would imagine often losing revenue if other stores are closing and laying off more than the big W hires.

Did you miss the part where I said I was sorry your wife lost her business.

Obviously your wife's business was meeting the demand. Your wife wasn't able to supply thousands of products, and employ hundreds.

These are the words that I saw.. These are YOUR words.. Like I have said before ..No class!! Some people will never change..

Originally Posted by Stoney
So your wife's business was affected. So what?

Its called pillowtex. Here is a Wikipedia article. About half way down.'
Sorry, I do not know how to isolate just that one piece.

Cannon Mills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Does this help?
In September, 1997, Fieldcrest-Cannon was sold to the Pillowtex Corporation for $700,000,000. Sales slid, and problems began to appear as Pillowtex lost money. According to a former CEO of Pillowtex, its largest product buyer, Wal-Mart, encouraged the company to move production overseas [to remain competitive] but Pillowtex refused. It was undercut by competitors [producing overseas at lowr prices] and [when its prices were no longer competitive stopped [or lost its opportunity to]supplying Wal-Mart.

I still have some Cannon towels that I bought 20 years ago and you would never know they are that old.

Personally I dont have to much problem with offering tax breaks to manufacturing/ office space to move in . Just not retail.
A mfg operation generates more than just their staffing. They also create demand for suppliers locally. Raw materials, restaurants,
etc. Jails do the same. They try to source locally. Retail; just brings in floor staff.

Its called pillowtex. Here is a Wikipedia article. About half way down.'
Sorry, I do not know how to isolate just that one piece.

Cannon Mills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does this help?

I still have some Cannon towels that I bought 20 years ago and you would never know they are that old.

Not a Wal-Mart company. They couldn't compete in the marketplace. Wal-Mart SUGGESTED they move operations overseas so that they could compete competitively.

Don't see where Wal-Mart shipped jobs overseas. Next.

For some reason my phone won't let me reply to Crazy's post, so this is the post of his I'm replying to.

7etaqy9y.jpg

So you only read what you wanna read, ok. Sorry I didn't realize you were so thinned skinned.

For some reason my phone won't let me reply to Crazy's post, so this is the post of his I'm replying to.

7etaqy9y.jpg

So you only read what you wanna read, ok. Sorry I didn't realize you were so thinned skinned.

I read the whole post but those are the words that stuck out..