TForce | Teamster Pension

stldude44 said:
T251,
Thank you Sir. Nate is all over the place....he's at Yellow...he's at UPSF....he quotes the Bible but uses that gal as his avatar....Nate seems pretty mixed up.

Yeah he is, mixed up that is.

Like he was saying in his post about brothers spittin on his feet. I think they were just trying to help him spit shine his boot for Papa Brown and UPSF.
Go figure, try to help a guy out and he bites ya.

upsfreightnate said:
For i have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and i know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. i can do everything through him that gives me strength.
Thru who? Not real clear......Also if a person paid into the union along with a company, whether or not it is stillaround or defunct, is that money still not in the fund? So, if this is true who would we be covering for. And if we stay non-union will you not be paying for the people that retired before you? Or a person that in your high standards was worthless? But that is different, right?

Animo916 said:
I don't know about other locals, but in my local you can still retire after 25 years with 55 years of age. I guess it's that years plus age = 80 thing. Then we have incentives to stay longer for more pension money. You can also retire younger but with decrease in benefits.

Lazy people can be found in any walk of life. There are many nights I see Overnite trailers sitting on the side of the highway, 5 minutes from the terminal, at 7,8, or 9 at night, depending when I've finished and was heading in. I've also seen many Overnight trailers parked when I stop for lunch. Who knows how long they were sitting, but an hour later, when I go back to work, they are still sitting. So don't get up on your high pedestal and preach the we are holier than you story, because it goes both ways. :duh:
You forget they are not milking the company for that high dollar overtime.......LOLOL

steve5 said:
UPSFGlad, I had a SLC union employee call me a scab also for no reason. Nobody liked this guy not even the other union drivers, he was all mouth and misinformed. He is just one of a few that like to make trouble don't let your card playing friend influence your opinion on the rest.
We used to have a first in first out policy for extraboard line drivers, and it was not a real good idea. I would be going between 60 and 65 mph and have a fellow driver blow my doors off to get there first. Most of our trucks do 73 or better so it would not be hard to get in 30 min before me. Theres no reward for having some control with this policy, I welcome the opposite.

I want your truck, mine only does 71 mph......

steve5 said:
We got 3 that do 75, mine does 73. older international daycab, I'll trade speed for comfort.

HUH HUH HUH no!!!!If you got an old cabover daycab, the only way to keep your kidneys from bleeding is to go fast enough to jump from bump to bump.... So I will leave you be....20-1035 ring a bell......

greezy trucker said:
HUH HUH HUH no!!!!If you got an old cabover daycab, the only way to keep your kidneys from bleeding is to go fast enough to jump from bump to bump.... So I will leave you be....20-1035 ring a bell......
No, no crampover for me. I don't want to be first at the scene of an accident (out through the windshield) Its a 9100 2 axle.

steve5 said:
No, no crampover for me. I don't want to be first at the scene of an accident (out through the windshield) Its a 9100 2 axle.
Right on...Cabovers are a treat that should be enjoyed by everyone once....

GLAD... that ABF guy as probably BLUFFING. i hope you didnt loose your shirt. (new uniform) but i bet he walked away with your jar of pennys.

steve5 said:
We got 3 that do 75, mine does 73. older international daycab, I'll trade speed for comfort.
Your internationals are comfortable? Man, ours are like driving with blocks for wheels.

serta said:
Your internationals are comfortable? Man, ours are like driving with blocks for wheels.
Lets not get carried away here. Ones with noses are managable but the ones with no nose or sleepers ......Your in for a long ride....But we never said anything about COMFORTABLE.....Livable at best.....(Nose thing was just for fun, I know you all are old hands at truck lingo just wanted to be stupid)

serta said:
I don't know what GT is talking about, the new IH's 10-1100 series and up have a great ride to them, (except for the 3axle conventionals) I hope with this change over they at least keep sending the nice equipment.

Nate it sounds like you are/were out of CGB. Here is what is happening here. Yellow, not the union, is hiring more drivers than we need here. As a result people like Nate get pissed because they probly are not working so much. They get mad and blame the Union, because alot of people are under the impression that the union can make the company do anything.Now here's the thing. It's Yellow here not the union thats causing this problem. **** W. the steward here at CGB who does the road testing asked Mike W. to stop hiring these guys cause they're not working. And that is all anyone from the union can do in a situation like this. The union can not magicaly sh*t out freight so everybody can work. They can't hold the company to anything that is not in the contract. I am at the bottom of the board and I know it is frustrating, but I blame Yellow, not the union for what is going on.

ftaf08 said:
Nate it sounds like you are/were out of CGB. Here is what is happening here. Yellow, not the union, is hiring more drivers than we need here. As a result people like Nate get pissed because they probly are not working so much. They get mad and blame the Union, because alot of people are under the impression that the union can make the company do anything.Now here's the thing. It's Yellow here not the union thats causing this problem. **** W. the steward here at CGB who does the road testing asked Mike W. to stop hiring these guys cause they're not working. And that is all anyone from the union can do in a situation like this. The union can not magicaly sh*t out freight so everybody can work. They can't hold the company to anything that is not in the contract. I am at the bottom of the board and I know it is frustrating, but I blame Yellow, not the union for what is going on.

As long as I can remember, Yellow was the easiest carrier to make the list at.
Yellow loves to "flood the list".
It's easier to lay someone off and call them in again in a day or two then retest, rehire, a newbee over and over again.
Most of these guys don't realize Yellow's (or any other carrier's) name is on the paycheck not the Teamsters.

Teamster251 said:
As long as I can remember, Yellow was the easiest carrier to make the list at.
Yellow loves to "flood the list".
It's easier to lay someone off and call them in again in a day or two then retest, rehire, a newbee over and over again.
Most of these guys don't realize Yellow's (or any other carrier's) name is on the paycheck not the Teamsters.
Unfortunately so. Of the 47 guys hired since me, 27 have quit.

as far as abf wanting out of the teamster health and welfare fund is true
an abf corporate video i seen at our terminal 2 weeks ago featuring abf's president did state that
however it sounds like the same ups rhetoric put out prior to new contract negotiations every few years
not gonna happen
what makes anyone think that they would be better off with a company controlled health and welfare fund
all these companies see is a dollar savings at our expense along with lucrative administrative chargebacks for their administering the fund
if you think you are better off non union with ups think again
their management style speaks for itself and are total scumbags