TForce | Teamster Pension

GLAD TO BE_UPSF

TB Regular
Credits
Have any of you heard about ABF wanting out of the teamsters health and welfare program?
They are tired of funding the retirees from all of the Teamster Companies that went out.
In reality it is only ABF and Yellow/Roadway that are funding all these retiree's

Will anyone pay attention and see the one and only reason the teamsters want us to organize?

They don't care about us...hell,they don't even care about their own members at the bottom of the seniority list...they are scum to them....so what does that make us???

I played cards with an ABF dockworker last night,and he kept calling me a scab.
I told him I have no interest in joining his F*#@%*g union,and that I would only be a scab if I were crossing a picket line at a union company...which I am not...but will do so if that time comes.

I asked him what his union had to offer...and he said you can call off anytime you want and not get fired...WOW...what an opportunity..lets all sign...LOL
I told him if thats all they can offer,I'm not interested because I don't miss work.

I asked him if he had his little card the teamsters provided them to read off to us explaining the benifits of the union...he didnt have it...but the "job protection" was all he could think of.

So I will say...Give UPS Freight a chance before you do something we all will regret.
We dont need to join an organization that only wants us to help dig them out of the hole they are in with their pension plan.

I have a friend that is an ABF driver in Ohio,and he said if UPS Freight calls him for a job,he will leave ABF that very second.
He likes his job,but doesn't like the politics of the union.

He said you have 2 hours to report when you get your work call..which is fine,but if you get there an hour before someone that was called before you...you have to wait till he/they get there(even though you are allready set up with a run,so it's not like you would get their load).
I dont think he gets delay pay for the time he gives up because he lives closer to work than someone else.

He also said if your going to the same terminal as someone else that left before you,and you get there first(because the other guy takes 10 pee/coffee breaks),that is frowned upon.

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me,and I am not at all interested of having a bunch of guys that think their A** dont stink running around at our terminals.

Right now,the senior guys have the best schedules(which they earned),but they dont runn around letting you know how many years seniority they have(at least not at my terminal).
If we were union,I can see it now...attitudes will be flying.

UPSGlad,
Very little of your statement is factual. There are many, many Companies that pay into the several different Pension plans, not just the freight Companies and UPS. Warehouses, manufacturing plants, sanitation outfits, to name a few.
If you really did play cards with an ABF driver last night, it wasn't a very informed one.
If you're called to come to work in 2 hours, which we are, why would you go in an hour early and expect to go to work then? You weren't called for one hour, you were called for 2, so that's a non issue. If a guy who was called ahead of you isn't there yet, he's late, and in St. Louis you are allowed to leave at the time you were called for.
What do you really know about senior and junior drivers at Union Companies and their relationships with each other? True, every terminal usually has a few clowns who like to flaunt their seniority, but other than bidding purposes or vacations, it's really not much of an issue among us. Nobody who doesn't already have an attitude about seniority would suddenly develop one just because he was Union now.

Glad to be non union says;
Have any of you heard about ABF wanting out of the teamsters health and welfare program?
They are tired of funding the retirees from all of the Teamster Companies that went out.
In reality it is only ABF and Yellow/Roadway that are funding all these retiree's

Where did you hear this, in a dream?
ABF is part or the NMFA until 2008. Requardless of their employees or management wanting out of anything it will not happen until March 31 2008. Until then they are bound by the agreement.
As far as paying for all those retired teamsters, what about all the retired ABF driver also. Are they going to or want to forget about them too? Waht kind of company does that make ABF in your eyes Glad to be?
In reality you don't know squat about the companies that comtribute to the pension funds to begin with.
Not just the big Freight companies contribute as most assume.
Parcel and Small Package Division
Building Material and Construction Division
Airline Division
Rail Division
Graphic Trade Division
Brewery and Soft Drink Division
Motion Picture Division
Public Service Division
Tank Haul Division
Trade Show and Convention Division
Dairy Division
Warehouse Division
Bakery and Laundry Division
Food Processing Division
Newspaper, Magaizine and Electronic Media Division
Industrail Trade Division.
All contribute to the pensions.
Get your facts straight before you start making things up.

Will anyone pay attention and see the one and only reason the teamsters want us to organize?

The Teamsters don't want you to organize and don't need you to help bail out any fund or boost membership.
Employee want to organize, be recognized and have a voice.
Again, organizing Overnite 100% will only increase membership by 1%. Do the math Glad to be, it doesn't sound like a formula for a bail out. Which by the way doesn't need to be in the first place.

They don't care about us...hell,they don't even care about their own members at the bottom of the seniority list...they are scum to them....so what does that make us???

What makes you believe they don't care about you or members at the bottom of a seniority list (What ever that means).
Scum???
Give us some " for instances" if they or we are scum and they don't care.
If you are going to state something please back it up.

I played cards with an ABF dockworker last night,and he kept calling me a scab.
I told him I have no interest in joining his F*#@%*g union,and that I would only be a scab if I were crossing a picket line at a union company...which I am not...but will do so if that time comes.

So what you are saying is you are a future scab?
That has got to be the most ridiculios thing I've heard you say yet. LOL

I asked him what his union had to offer...and he said you can call off anytime you want and not get fired...WOW...what an opportunity..lets all sign...LOL
I told him if thats all they can offer,I'm not interested because I don't miss work.

So you taken all of what this half-wit (if he actually exists) has told you about the union and taken it to the bankn and made your decision based solely on his comments. You haven't done any other research or searched for the truth, talked to other union members, talked to organizers, talked to retirees, talked to, your division Teamsters.
No the only two people you've talked to are a half-wit ABF dockorker and a ABFer from OHIO that wants to jump ship to work for UPSF, why becuase they have cool new uniforms or a cute color scheme on the new trucks. WHY does he want to work for UPSF and give up seniority and earn time off?

I asked him if he had his little card the teamsters provided them to read off to us explaining the benifits of the union...he didnt have it...but the "job protection" was all he could think of.

What little card, did I miss something at the last meeeting or is this what your managers are telling you we will be doing. Gee I feel left out I didn't get a card yet, although I don't need one. After 22 years of being a Teamnster I know waht all the benifits of being union are. If I need a card to remember them I guess there not worth remembering in the first then, right?

So I will say...Give UPS Freight a chance before you do something we all will regret.
We dont need to join an organization that only wants us to help dig them out of the hole they are in with their pension plan.

Again remember that 1%.
If 15,000 new members are the answer to the pension plan fix I want you to do my taxes next year becuase you are a genuis.

I have a friend that is an ABF driver in Ohio,and he said if UPS Freight calls him for a job,he will leave ABF that very second.
He likes his job,but doesn't like the politics of the union.

I mentioned your freind above, let him leave. He sounds as though he doesn't get involved anyway.
My suggestion to him would be if he doesn't like the way things are run or the polictics invloved he needs to get involved. Most crybabies are just that, crybabies, weak and uninvolved.

He said you have 2 hours to report when you get your work call..which is fine,but if you get there an hour before someone that was called before you...you have to wait till he/they get there(even though you are allready set up with a run,so it's not like you would get their load).
I dont think he gets delay pay for the time he gives up because he lives closer to work than someone else.

Again you've got things twisted.
When you are called in for work you are given two hours to report. You can not be forced to show early without compensation or mutaul ageement to showing. If you take it upon yourself to show early when there is no need to what is there to cry about? So why should he get delay pay. He not delayed, he showed up early. Don't twist thing Glad to be.

He also said if your going to the same terminal as someone else that left before you,and you get there first(because the other guy takes 10 pee/coffee breaks),that is frowned upon.

It may be frowned upon, but frowned upon by whom?
Not management, nothing in the contract either.
Is he so thinned skinned that he's afraid to arrive before another driver cause he's worried about what another co-worker will say.

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me,and I am not at all interested of having a bunch of guys that think their A** dont stink running around at our terminals.

Crap maybe, but you sound like the type of guy who's an individual and things like that shouldn't bother you. You are for yourself and only yourself. Your post reak of it

Right now,the senior guys have the best schedules(which they earned),but they dont runn around letting you know how many years seniority they have(at least not at my terminal).
If we were union,I can see it now...attitudes will be flying.

As it should be, seniority is the only thing you have. Protect it, use it to your advantage, fluant it, rub others noses in it, tell everyone everyday how many years you have over them. The only difference between seniority at a union company over a non union company is it is honored at a Union company. We have that in writting.

Glad to be nonunion, I'm glad you are too.

T251

I am leaving yellow cause of the union and all it's crap. The teamster pension is a joke (underfunded by 6 BILLION dollars) you have to work 30 years to get anything worth a crap then if you aren't of "retiring age" you have to wait. No more 20/30 and out. And the pension....UPS wants out of it too! For the same reason ABF seems to, beacause you're paying for everyone else's workers defunct or not. So if we go union we have to pay for pensions for former CF employees and those lazy yard guys in chicago (CGB) who you see smokin cigars and sittin 3 deep in a sleeper doing NOTHING. The one thing i did notice about union shops is that there are more chairs around for "workers" to sit around on. The union is a buisiness plain and simple! Watch the sopranos you basically are gettin the same thing "protection" at a cost and if ya dissagree well, they key your car, slash your tires or follow you around and bully you cause you don't agree with them. This is america right? And don't tell me it doesn't happen cause our former steward had it happen to him and when people found out I was going to the former overnite I got cornered and threatened!!! One "brother" spit at my feet and called me a scab. The teamsters should have died with Hoffa Sr.

bighammer said:
hmmmmm. can anyone say suck ***
WOW what a great comeback! The truth hurts sometimes. Go to bloomberg.com and look at the articles about how ups is sick of paying for everyone else's fowl ups. I back what i say with FACTS!

upsfreightnate said:
WOW what a great comeback! The truth hurts sometimes. Go to bloomberg.com and look at the articles about how ups is sick of paying for everyone else's fowl ups. I back what i say with FACTS!

That's also a pro union article. Guess you couldn't figure that out.
Make sure you read the whole thing not just bits and pieces and finish it.

For i have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and i know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. i can do everything through him that gives me strength.

upsfreightnate said:
For i have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and i know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. i can do everything through him that gives me strength.

Scripture?

upsfreightnate said:
Your avitar is a disgrace to UPSF!!!!!

Sounds like you guys have watched that video one too many times:chairshot: ,sounds like your brainwashed:nutkick:.I have heard many good reasons to stay non union and many good reasons to go union,but you guys are like out of touch with reality.ought to do some research before you start posting a bunch of lies about the union.And thanks T-251 you saved me a bunch of time ,I agree with you 100% ...
p.s. How's Gretchen? Does she miss you when your going to Texas?.....CRAZY

upsfreightnate said:
I am leaving yellow cause of the union and all it's crap. The teamster pension is a joke (underfunded by 6 BILLION dollars) you have to work 30 years to get anything worth a crap then if you aren't of "retiring age" you have to wait. No more 20/30 and out. And the pension....UPS wants out of it too! For the same reason ABF seems to, beacause you're paying for everyone else's workers defunct or not. So if we go union we have to pay for pensions for former CF employees and those lazy yard guys in chicago (CGB) who you see smokin cigars and sittin 3 deep in a sleeper doing NOTHING. The one thing i did notice about union shops is that there are more chairs around for "workers" to sit around on. The union is a buisiness plain and simple! Watch the sopranos you basically are gettin the same thing "protection" at a cost and if ya dissagree well, they key your car, slash your tires or follow you around and bully you cause you don't agree with them. This is america right? And don't tell me it doesn't happen cause our former steward had it happen to him and when people found out I was going to the former overnite I got cornered and threatened!!! One "brother" spit at my feet and called me a scab. The teamsters should have died with Hoffa Sr.

I don't know about other locals, but in my local you can still retire after 25 years with 55 years of age. I guess it's that years plus age = 80 thing. Then we have incentives to stay longer for more pension money. You can also retire younger but with decrease in benefits.

Lazy people can be found in any walk of life. There are many nights I see Overnite trailers sitting on the side of the highway, 5 minutes from the terminal, at 7,8, or 9 at night, depending when I've finished and was heading in. I've also seen many Overnight trailers parked when I stop for lunch. Who knows how long they were sitting, but an hour later, when I go back to work, they are still sitting. So don't get up on your high pedestal and preach the we are holier than you story, because it goes both ways. :duh:

UPSFNate,
First you say you're leaving Yellow, so you work there, right?
Then you say if "We" go Union, blah, blah, blah..........LOL! "We" at Yellow already are Union.
Lack of any credibility here.
Also, there was never much money in the 20 year plan unless you were 65.
25 and out and 30 and out are still alive and well, it's just that the insurance will cost more now, and we all knew at some point that would have to happen. So again, a lack of credibility.
Finally, you quote the Bible but use a semi nude woman as your avatar? Not being a very good witness, are you?

crazy said:
Sounds like you guys have watched that video one too many times:chairshot: ,sounds like your brainwashed:nutkick:.I have heard many good reasons to stay non union and many good reasons to go union,but you guys are like out of touch with reality.ought to do some research before you start posting a bunch of lies about the union.And thanks T-251 you saved me a bunch of time ,I agree with you 100% ...

For anyone that doesn't realize it, Teamster 251 happens to be very knowledgable in the working ways of the union, compared to the nonunion environment. I also have over 20 years Teamster experience and speak from actuality and not falicy. Our posts are always honest, factual and backed up with proof, not just hear say.

T251, I sent back that package this week, you should be getting it any day if you haven't already done so. And there's always room for you and Gretchen (plus a girlfriend of hers) on my boat, anytime you are in the Long Island vicinity. :smilie_132:

Yes I also was a Teamster for 20 years.1966-1986.

But sorry to say for me it wasn't the most plesent years of my trucking carrer.

I'm happy its working out for those that are represented now days,I'm not being sarcastic.
I am happy for you,but my union years could of been better if the union people I had to deal with were more for their members,and not for their own personal gain.

I've been out of the union just 20 years now.
So maybe the Teamsters leaders are earning their big pay checks doing what their supposed to do?
Helping their members to have a good quality of life?

As for me even with all its short comings I'm happy being a UPS Freight non-union trucker.

stldude44 said:
UPSFNate,
First you say you're leaving Yellow, so you work there, right?
Then you say if "We" go Union, blah, blah, blah..........LOL! "We" at Yellow already are Union.
Lack of any credibility here.
Also, there was never much money in the 20 year plan unless you were 65.
25 and out and 30 and out are still alive and well, it's just that the insurance will cost more now, and we all knew at some point that would have to happen. So again, a lack of credibility.
Finally, you quote the Bible but use a semi nude woman as your avatar? Not being a very good witness, are you?

Dude you're sharp!!!

That's the exact reason why I asked if it was scripture or not. The Avatar is hypocritical.

Apostolic said:
But sorry to say for me it wasn't the most plesent years of my trucking carrer.

I'm happy its working out for those that are represented now days,I'm not being sarcastic.
I am happy for you,but my union years could of been better if the union people I had to deal with were more for their members,and not for their own personal gain.

I've been out of the union just 20 years now.
So maybe the Teamsters leaders are earning their big pay checks doing what their supposed to do?
Helping their members to have a good quality of life?

As for me even with all its short comings I'm happy being a UPS Freight non-union trucker.

And you'll be happy collecting that union retirement check too.

crazy said:

Gretchen is fine. She's due any day now.

Teamster251 said:
Dude you're sharp!!!

That's the exact reason why I asked if it was scripture or not. The Avatar is hypocritical.
T251,
Thank you Sir. Nate is all over the place....he's at Yellow...he's at UPSF....he quotes the Bible but uses that gal as his avatar....Nate seems pretty mixed up.

UPSFGlad, I had a SLC union employee call me a scab also for no reason. Nobody liked this guy not even the other union drivers, he was all mouth and misinformed. He is just one of a few that like to make trouble don't let your card playing friend influence your opinion on the rest.
We used to have a first in first out policy for extraboard line drivers, and it was not a real good idea. I would be going between 60 and 65 mph and have a fellow driver blow my doors off to get there first. Most of our trucks do 73 or better so it would not be hard to get in 30 min before me. Theres no reward for having some control with this policy, I welcome the opposite.