TForce | Teamsters in GVL

peteb2006

TB Lurker
Credits
Well on our way back in today we were met at the entrance to the yard by 3 Teamsters passing out info. I asked the gentleman who seemed to be leading the parade what was going on in Indy, all he told me was we are very close to finallizing (spelling) the contract. Thats why we're here, trying to get cards signed so when it goes through in Indy we can sweep the country fast and dillegently... that sentence really caught my attention. So I asked him, is that all you know about the contract so far? He said "NO", I know more but we aren't telling anyone just yet. So I ask now, "whats the big @#$%ing secret.

Well on our way back in today we were met at the entrance to the yard by 3 Teamsters passing out info. I asked the gentleman who seemed to be leading the parade what was going on in Indy, all he told me was we are very close to finallizing (spelling) the contract. Thats why we're here, trying to get cards signed so when it goes through in Indy we can sweep the country fast and dillegently... that sentence really caught my attention. So I asked him, is that all you know about the contract so far? He said "NO", I know more but we aren't telling anyone just yet. So I ask now, "whats the big @#$%ing secret.
What local r u out of,

Teamster in GVL

The secret is that UPS is comfortable with the teamsters and will not stand in their way. The guy you talked to probably doesn't know $H*& :toxic: , just another blow hard. The teamsters can sweep this Company fast if they want to but should start in the West where it has been bad for a long time with a lot of *(&^% off employees. If and when UPS signs an agreement you can better beleive it will work for them too. They are the only trucking outfit I know that has productivity standards in the contract or did. They pay well but they are going to get it out of you too.

The secret is that UPS is comfortable with the teamsters and will not stand in their way. The guy you talked to probably doesn't know $H*& :toxic: , just another blow hard. The teamsters can sweep this Company fast if they want to but should start in the West where it has been bad for a long time with a lot of *(&^% off employees. If and when UPS signs an agreement you can better beleive it will work for them too. They are the only trucking outfit I know that has productivity standards in the contract or did. They pay well but they are going to get it out of you too.

Now that is a big 10-4.:1036316054: :1036316054:

Whats the point off any Teamster member hasseling any of us?
When a big majority would love to sign cards for representation,but Teamsters official seem to know better by with holding anymore cards to be signed by any of us in the rest of the company?

I still have a lot of old friends that are Teamsters,and they are very upset with the way their union is dealling with us on organizing.

They don't know whats going on,and figure the same as me.
That Mr.J.Hoffa jr. has made some kind of deal with UPS to hold us up,in the name of keeping them happy with the up coming parcel contract.

When a big majority would love to sign cards for representation,but Teamsters official seem to know better by with holding anymore cards to be signed by any of us in the rest of the company?

I still have a lot of old friends that are Teamsters,and they are very upset with the way their union is dealling with us on organizing.

That Mr.J.Hoffa jr. has made some kind of deal with UPS to hold us up,in the name of keeping them happy with the up coming parcel contract.

I do not think they were hasseling anyone, but simply trying to get attention from those terminals that have not gone too the hall yet.....

SGrits,
It's very possible that the guy you talked to was telling you the truth. He might have known more but isn't supposed to say what he knows. More than likely UPS is the one who doesn't want tidbits put out in the public and has asked the Teamsters to operate similarly to a gag order until the negotiations are done. Any and all info that would be leaked would only serve to stir up the troops. When the NMFA is being negotiated it's pretty much the same thing.

Of course the new Contract will work for UPS too.....that's what a Contract is.......a series of negotiations covering everything that can and will come up during it's life. If it was any different it's be a dictatorship.......like it is without a Contract. Like the way it is now.

Apostolic

Jimmy Hoffa, Jr probably cut a deal with UPS and they with him. That is the way the whole thing works, its big business at its finest. Teamsters are not going to harrass anyone like in the old days of OVNT, because there is too much as stake and UPS is not going to stand in the way of any organizing like the old OVNT group either. There is too much on both sides to lose from this type of negative pub. Accelertor is right as they could organize most of the terminals West of the Mississippi but everyone is looking to see how the negotiations go in IND. Does anyone think OVNT mgmt would have given a terminal over to the teamsters that easy? That was a business deal to someone you already have been doing business with for a long time. stldude44 you have a good point as neither side will open up too much,cards very close to the vest. There are 12000 union dues on the line monthly. That is one H%$^()* of a business deal.

Jimmy Hoffa, Jr probably cut a deal with UPS and they with him. That is the way the whole thing works, its big business at its finest. Teamsters are not going to harrass anyone like in the old days of OVNT, because there is too much as stake and UPS is not going to stand in the way of any organizing like the old OVNT group either. There is too much on both sides to lose from this type of negative pub. Accelertor is right as they could organize most of the terminals West of the Mississippi but everyone is looking to see how the negotiations go in IND. Does anyone think OVNT mgmt would have given a terminal over to the teamsters that easy? That was a business deal to someone you already have been doing business with for a long time. stldude44 you have a good point as neither side will open up too much,cards very close to the vest. There are 12000 union dues on the line monthly. That is one H%$^()* of a business deal.

And the end result could infact be greater business in the end if other trucking companies follow inline, this would be a win win situation for both the teamster's as well as big brown, more people supplying the pot , less of a % UPS pay's into the fund over time, if this contract is a positive blow too the industry.

Nobody is going to find out word for word what the contract says until it is final. That is with any contract in any world. You will have the chance to vote if you like it or not. If they would tell you what they have agreed on then someone changes their minds or negotiates what was agreed apon for something better, then everyone would be mad. This is what negociations are about. It is not a BIG Secret. You just don't tell or start rumors until it is down on paper. This is for any negociation thru-out the whole world. Have faith! These guys know their job and will take care of all of us. It is not just UPSF they are looking at. All the other Union companies are looking at this too! Our contract is up next year! Have faith brothers.

Just like we all know they are in UPS's back pocket. And as far as those teamsters at the gate saying they can't say anything. What a joke. They know about as much as we do. NOTHING You are right this is not the best way to deal with organizing a company.

But it's what UPS agreed to. :hysterical:

We have nothing to worry about. The teamsters is so weak if we do become teamsters we won't notice any difference. Just the lazy worthless drivers we have will become even more lazy and worthless. :biglaugh:

Just like we all know they are in UPS's back pocket. And as far as those teamsters at the gate saying they can't say anything. What a joke. They know about as much as we do. NOTHING You are right this is not the best way to deal with organizing a company.

We have nothing to worry about. The teamsters is so weak if we do become teamsters we won't notice any difference. Just the lazy worthless drivers we have will become even more lazy and worthless. :biglaugh:

Well now I am going too burry my head in the sand!!!! I do not want too open up this can of worms again, Leave it too the duke, he sneaks up on you!!!!!

That is real unfair and uncalled for Skeeter. We who are union only want the best for you folks and I can tell you the Teamsters only want the best for you too. But please leave the "lazy worthless" stuff at the door ok??

That is real unfair and uncalled for Skeeter. We who are union only want the best for you folks and I can tell you the Teamsters only want the best for you too. But please leave the "lazy worthless" stuff at the door ok??

You're right it was uncalled for. Sorry!

I assume when you say "in the west" you mean the old O employees. Those that worked for MC never wanted a union nor did they need one, it was only when O started running things that we all realized just how bad you guys had it.

There are 12000 union dues on the line monthly. That is one H%$^()* of a business deal.

Does anyone beside me think the union wants anything out of this beside all the extra money they would get from 12000 extra people paying dues? When my wife was driving, the teamsters came in and negotiated a heck of a contract for them. They got just enough money to cover their union dues,,,,,,,and not one thing more, no benies at all.

You're right it was uncalled for. Sorry!

dont appologize, how many union drivers do you see doing abything extra, even if they wanted to. Stick to your quota, no more no less, or you'll have a grievence filed against you. Either for doing something someone else could have done, or from someone afraid if you do more then eventually the company will want more from everyone. I can still remember the CF and NW drivers sitting in a fuel stop for hours on end because they wernt schedueled in yet.

There are 12000 union dues on the line monthly. That is one H%$^()* of a business deal.

Does anyone beside me think the union wants anything out of this beside all the extra money they would get from 12000 extra people paying dues? When my wife was driving, the teamsters came in and negotiated a heck of a contract for them. They got just enough money to cover their union dues,,,,,,,and not one thing more, no benies at all.
I DO I DO. They also want what pension money you have.:1036316054: That way the can send you a letter like I got. When you retire you can not work or we will keep your hard earned pension.