TForce | Teamsters in GVL

So thats all I have to say on the matter, someone is either for or against. If you voice a dissenting opinion to a supporter your "in the stone age". Neither side of an issue like this will ever see eye to eye. But were still in the same company, so , "hey hows it going?" if i see you on the road.

galaxy, I fully support your right to have a differing opinion and have no problem with you because you don't agree with me.

My previous posts to you were not to persuade you to change your mind but to inform you that you're information on the union work environment were incorrect.

you're contract(if signed) is seperate from master freight, and seperate from package, you will have you're own"deal".I'm here browsing looking for some contract language,guess I no more then you guys,gotta keep my options open,may have to jump ship!

you're contract(if signed) is seperate from master freight, and seperate from package, you will have you're own"deal".I'm here browsing looking for some contract language,guess I no more then you guys,gotta keep my options open,may have to jump ship!
Ok really I'm all ears lets just hear what u know ..:biglaugh:

THE BIG DIG???
What in the world are you talking about,SKULL?
What big dig?

Is it like digging a hole,then jumping in so the sides will cave in on you.
Then you will go missing for ever more.
Every one will wounder what happened to you?

Is that the big dig your posting about?

I for one am totally clueless???

THE BIG DIG???
What in the world are you talking about,SKULL?
What big dig?

Is it like digging a hole,then jumping in so the sides will cave in on you.
Then you will go missing for ever more.
Every one will wounder what happened to you?

Is that the big dig your posting about?

I for one am totally clueless???

The BIG DIG was a huge never ending under funded construction project in Boston Ma.

I believe I said all that. Read a little closer to your computer. I'm over 55 and I work better than I did at 25. I guess experience has something to do with it.

Most drivers by the time they reach 55 have got a lot more experience and have learned to work smarter.

Again I am not talking about them I'm talking about the bad apples you just mentioned.

I have never had the fear of losing my job without the union. I have never felt more secure about keeping my job because I was union at one time.

I and I alone make that decision. Like I have said in the past. In the almost 25 years I've been with Overnite I have never seen anyone get fired that didn't fire themselves.

In other words they were giving every chance but didn't take it.

So scare tactics don't work anymore. If the majority of UPSF decides to go union it will be because UPS didn't change some things that even I believe they should have.

However, If we are union I will still go in to work every day and do my job. I will probably get paid for down time and wait time without giving the first hour. Or four hours for bad weather.

Like I've said if we go union it will be because of what UPS doesn't do. Not anything that is done or said here.:1036316054:

I wasn't trying to reference your age, just numbers I threw out there.

If your a line driver your not humping much freight either.

The funny thing, you know of 2 bad things and the whole thing sucks.....But the other 100 things, for some reason don't seem to matter. I know this guy who got fired from FedEx for scratching a fender and he still sees no reason for the union....Or I hear someone say that they work hard enought that their job is not in danger....But then get wrote up for trying to get the freight off...And the customer calls and complains...Nothing is perfect but if you are going to get bent over being told you are in the stone age.....Think about what you are saying first....And is your mind REALLY open???? Calling people lazy or worthless shows how little you have an open mind...And when your facts are all bunk and you have been told that over and over.....I am very firm on the union and know that UPS don't care about us....We are just numbers and part of the machine, and if you can't someone will.....And if you are forced to put in 12 or 13 hours a day because you SCM is trying to keep his numbers right....What is fair???? If you don't like it thats cool and we all wear the same uniform, but find out what you are talking about and don't base your ideas on 2 or 3 experiences. I heard this or that don't work either....Anyway I'm done....

Sorry about the mix up. I was responding to post #36. the union construction job. It sounds like the big dig that cost tax payers billions and killed people becuse of poor work. I don"t see truck drivers sitting around or getting in trouble for working to hard.There were times when I fixed things to get me down the road or back to the barn and nobody botherd me.

The funny thing, you know of 2 bad things and the whole thing sucks.....But the other 100 things, for some reason don't seem to matter. I know this guy who got fired from FedEx for scratching a fender and he still sees no reason for the union....Or I hear someone say that they work hard enought that their job is not in danger....But then get wrote up for trying to get the freight off...And the customer calls and complains...Nothing is perfect but if you are going to get bent over being told you are in the stone age.....Think about what you are saying first....And is your mind REALLY open???? Calling people lazy or worthless shows how little you have an open mind...And when your facts are all bunk and you have been told that over and over.....I am very firm on the union and know that UPS don't care about us....We are just numbers and part of the machine, and if you can't someone will.....And if you are forced to put in 12 or 13 hours a day because you SCM is trying to keep his numbers right....What is fair???? If you don't like it thats cool and we all wear the same uniform, but find out what you are talking about and don't base your ideas on 2 or 3 experiences. I heard this or that don't work either....Anyway I'm done....

10-4 son .I would give some love but appearently I have loved you too much!!!!
anyway, I agree.

thanks hugnlug, the ups freight contract will probably end up giving them a unfair advantage on there operating ratio, which means my freight will be in there trailer and I'll be sitting home, thats why I'm all ears at this point,it's a long way to the top of the list from where my name sits.