Yellow | tears of the elderly

So whats got you cranked up? I thought you already exercised your morning Rant!!! :1036316054: Did the update make you relive your Akron Circle Jer# this week? Drink a beer, eat a steak, enjoy the weekend!!!:d6625240:
Excellent advice, my friend! The sirloin is on the grill, and I shall partake of the adult beverage you promote, not only in the singular but most certainly in mass quanities.:1036316054:

I guess the pressure is mounting.Those brothers who were once in your shoes waiting and working for seniority prolly never had thoughts like that or actually expressed them in public.....You have some big cahonas......Patience is of virtue....the others cant help it that you went out and bought a 200,000dollar house,4 harley davidsons,2huge SUVs.and countless xwives with kids that youre paying childsupport too....control your own actions then you will know how to control your own destiny....GodBless...a Brother Teamster in Dallas,Tx...not expressed in harsh words

figured angrylcp wouldve come up with some biodisease or toxic pathongen maybe thats why they have postal shootings at the post office.so the junior man can move up

I come here and read these useless threads and posts. After 3 minutes, I realize I have better things to do. Like
cleaning the garage or something usefull. I've been online since 1995 and have posted on many message boards. The pissing matches, flame wars, and the post whores really bore me. Don't get me wrong, there are some good things to read here, and I really like this site. But lately the Yellow forum has become a good excuse to find better things to do.

I come here and read these useless threads and posts. After 3 minutes, I realize I have better things to do. Like
cleaning the garage or something usefull. I've been online since 1995 and have posted on many message boards. The pissing matches, flame wars, and the post whores really bore me. Don't get me wrong, there are some good things to read here, and I really like this site. But lately the Yellow forum has become a good excuse to find better things to do.

This is what happens, when you get to many guys sitting at home bored, because they aren't allowed to work. I realize some have opted to work dock, city and yard, to make their bills and can respect that. At the moment, I don't need the money bad enough to go that route and figure I'm doing a service to anyone under me that does. Taking your message to heart though, I propose we impose a limit on board use, under the following terms. If you stay off the Boards for one day, the next day you are entitled to go run the streets, hit the nudie bars and fraternize with woman other than your wife. I think this will cut down on personal disagreements online and promote a general sense of fulfillment to all laid off, ill, terminated and retired employees. You get to deal with our wives though!!! :nutkick:

figured angrylcp wouldve come up with some biodisease or toxic pathongen maybe thats why they have postal shootings at the post office.so the junior man can move up

no sir but i will laugh :hysterical: at yellows liability when one of the demented old crusters, bites it at the wheel of 2 20000 pound placard loads, and goes out with a bang, that will be seen on cnn for at least a day!:TR10driving03::puke:

Well angry, I'm a bit dismayed as to why you heap all of the blame on "elderly" senior drivers. Do you not think that they endured all of the same problems as a low seniority driver when they started out? I'm sure if you ask them, they'll be glad to tell you about some of the hardships that they've endured along the way...
Most of those "elderly" drivers that you speak of came from a different era than what you and I came from. They grew up with one ethic... WORK... or starve... That's what they're used to and that's all they know...

They've been around... I'm sure that they have a pretty good idea of what it's all about. Instead of concentrating your anger on them by chiding and ridiculing them, why don't you try talking to them?
They are a wealth of helpful information. Listen to them and learn from them...

Here in Atlanta, we have many "elderly" drivers on our board. Some of the best conversations that I've ever had around the barn was with them. I've learned a lot from them.

We have 6 handicapped parking spaces in our drivers parking lot. None of our "elderly" drivers park in them. Most of them park toward the back of the lot and walk further (and usually faster) than most of the other drivers here. They're dependable, reliable and do their jobs well. If they're healthy enough to pass their physical and keep their card, I say God bless them! Hammer down!...

angry, I'm not trying to whip it out and get into a pissin' contest with you over this but I get tired of hearing stuff like this every time business slows down and work tapers off. I've been here for only 9 years. I've been layed off twice. I knew it was coming so instead of laying around and crying about it, I made a plan, a contingency plan. I went out and lined up work in anticipation of a lay off. I was always ready for the inevitable. The last thing that I ever wanted to do was go file for unemployment. I've been thru the lay-offs, payroll checks bouncing, companies closing, etc. etc... But I always anticipated these things and planned ahead. I've never once blamed a senior man for taking work away from me because he had been here forever and/or was "elderly". It's the nature of the beast. It always has and always will be as long as we work under this system called seniority...

If you must place blame, blame the government, blame the economy, blame corporate America, blame the company... If you want to point fingers at your brethern, take a look at the ones that squeeze their logbooks, runs over everybody to punch the clock, runs on rest continously, doesn't take their contractual ETO, takes dispatches that they don't have hours to complete, etc. etc...
I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...
Those are the ones that need the chiding and the ridiculing, not the "elderly" ones that you refer to... They're doing their job and doing it well...
:tongue0002:

get bent

Uncle wiggly, if you re-read the all the posts on this thread, you'll see that Angry LCP didn't so much generate "provocative hate and discontent" as much as he himself spewed it with his own words!

Check out his use of "clowns", "turds", "swallow a match", "have a rotten day" below. We don't all agree on issues, but we ought to at least be respectful to those who disagree.
hey triplex this is for you:tongue0002:
your turn to **** buddy!

union jack is a jackass

Sorry, I do not believe I fall into the catagory of a person that could ask the TM for a tape of you that day. I do not know anything about you doing that or who ratted you. Video taping for disciplinary action is a violation of the contract and you should know that. Giving you a right to file a grievance. By the way, I have not been called "Jackie-boy" for over 45 years. WOW!!I am at a loss of words over that one. I do not know what I did to you to deserve the "What goes around comment". Your anger is mis-directed. Let it go and move on. Their are far to many serious things in life to worry about.:smilie_132:

union jack you know, all of the no good ::shit:: you have done over the years. who are you kidding? here is a big salute to you and all of your scabby compadres in the yard.:tongue0002::moon2:

union jack you know, all of the no good ::shit:: you have done over the years. who are you kidding? here is a big salute to you and all of your scabby compadres in the yard.:tongue0002::moon2:

Hey Jack saved my bacon in there one night, with special ed, when he was incharge of linehaul & jockey's.