Yellow | tears of the elderly

I believe seniority rules and it should be the persons choice in deciding when to retire. At the same time, I feel there needs to be some responsibility that comes with that too. Also, my posts and links are a canvas for me to express myself in what I'm trying to convey. I apologize if you feel that is not original, never-the-less, it gets the job done for me. :shrug:

There is a lot of good points on this thread. this is the reason I come to the truckingboards! I get a lot of different opions and the debates are excellent. However if i wanted to go to you-tube, wikipedia or any other GOOFY web site I would simply go there and not here. Most poster express their thoughts not some link.:smilie_132:

You do realize that the 54% is only for what you earned since 2003 right? Not trying to argue anything here just want you to be informed man.:1036316054:

How is it your the only other person who seems to have read that notice from the pension board, yes I am aware of that and wish more took the time to READ what our union tells us.:1036316054:

There is a lot of good points on this thread. this is the reason I come to the truckingboards! I get a lot of different opions and the debates are excellent. However if i wanted to go to you-tube, wikipedia or any other GOOFY web site I would simply go there and not here. Most poster express their thoughts not some link.:smilie_132:
Dude don't hit the link. Sorry just trying to be cute.:hide:

Ok so you choose this GOOFY website to go to! You are not forced to hit those links that Stan puts out there so dont do it! Every time he puts a link out for a particular thread it is right on. Just dont hit the link and you dont have to worry about it.:1036316054:

I saw a driver going to the ready line in LCP using a cane and trailing an oxygen tank.
Thats too long.

I though he retired. Someone said he had a bunch of ex's to support. I remember when they convinced him off the road and in to the yard, and he hit everything, poles, fences ect..........

Ok so you choose this GOOFY website to go to! You are not forced to hit those links that Stan puts out there so dont do it! Every time he puts a link out for a particular thread it is right on. Just dont hit the link and you dont have to worry about it.:1036316054:

ARE you reading the same threads as me? His links are NEVER on topic!!!!! How is a link to a song on this topic? I never go to his links ,and i did have him on my ignore list untill he bacame a MOD. I thought the rules forbid anyone from pomoting another web site but i guess not. By the way i've never met Stan and he's proably a great guy I just think his post are a BIG waste of time:smilie_132:

ARE you reading the same threads as me? His links are NEVER on topic!!!!! How is a link to a song on this topic? I never go to his links ,and i did have him on my ignore list untill he bacame a MOD. I thought the rules forbid anyone from pomoting another web site but i guess not. By the way i've never met Stan and he's proably a great guy I just think his post are a BIG waste of time:smilie_132:
I'm gonna bet you biotch about the snow falling, and then when it's Spring, it's too wet out. And then when it's summer, it's to hot out. And then when it's fall the leaves suck. And then your back to snow again!:biglaugh:

. By the way we are called the ME generation, cause it's me first and me only.:nutkick:[/QUOTE]

Are you serious about this, or are you just being controversial?

I'm not in any way defending a senior man from "hogging" extra work when a junior man is not working. Those are two separate issues and I have opposite views about them.[/QUOTE]

Well this is the point I'm driving home that we do seem to agree upon. The guys at Pgh who can retire are not hogging work. We have enough people in the middle doing that for us.:1036316054:

Well angry, I'm a bit dismayed as to why you heap all of the blame on "elderly" senior drivers. Do you not think that they endured all of the same problems as a low seniority driver when they started out? I'm sure if you ask them, they'll be glad to tell you about some of the hardships that they've endured along the way...
Most of those "elderly" drivers that you speak of came from a different era than what you and I came from. They grew up with one ethic... WORK... or starve... That's what they're used to and that's all they know...

They've been around... I'm sure that they have a pretty good idea of what it's all about. Instead of concentrating your anger on them by chiding and ridiculing them, why don't you try talking to them?
They are a wealth of helpful information. Listen to them and learn from them...

Here in Atlanta, we have many "elderly" drivers on our board. Some of the best conversations that I've ever had around the barn was with them. I've learned a lot from them.

We have 6 handicapped parking spaces in our drivers parking lot. None of our "elderly" drivers park in them. Most of them park toward the back of the lot and walk further (and usually faster) than most of the other drivers here. They're dependable, reliable and do their jobs well. If they're healthy enough to pass their physical and keep their card, I say God bless them! Hammer down!...

angry, I'm not trying to whip it out and get into a pissin' contest with you over this but I get tired of hearing stuff like this every time business slows down and work tapers off. I've been here for only 9 years. I've been layed off twice. I knew it was coming so instead of laying around and crying about it, I made a plan, a contingency plan. I went out and lined up work in anticipation of a lay off. I was always ready for the inevitable. The last thing that I ever wanted to do was go file for unemployment. I've been thru the lay-offs, payroll checks bouncing, companies closing, etc. etc... But I always anticipated these things and planned ahead. I've never once blamed a senior man for taking work away from me because he had been here forever and/or was "elderly". It's the nature of the beast. It always has and always will be as long as we work under this system called seniority...

If you must place blame, blame the government, blame the economy, blame corporate America, blame the company... If you want to point fingers at your brethern, take a look at the ones that squeeze their logbooks, runs over everybody to punch the clock, runs on rest continously, doesn't take their contractual ETO, takes dispatches that they don't have hours to complete, etc. etc...
I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...
Those are the ones that need the chiding and the ridiculing, not the "elderly" ones that you refer to... They're doing their job and doing it well...

Well said HH!!! The most logical post I have read on this site. Thank You!!!:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

. By the way we are called the ME generation, cause it's me first and me only.:nutkick:

Are you serious about this, or are you just being controversial?[/QUOTE]

I personally feel that this is how my generation is ages 25-35. Not me personally..well not to the extremes. I however am not part of the Entitled generation which I feel is quite younger. My parents gave me nothing except a hard time growing up.

Wow! Angry LCP you really struck a chord with this post......who would have thunk that a little fat truck driver could have generated so much provocative hate and discontent.....I doff my cap to you Sir.....

I'm not sure who the greedy party is here. Me with my twenty-seven years with Roadway or you younger Teamsters. Seems to me were both looking out for the same thing. Our selves and our families.

They are talking about the fine men with 30 years plus.break it down guys you are working for nothing even if you have to spend a little for health coverage.The union hopes you never go..

Are you serious about this, or are you just being controversial?

I personally feel that this is how my generation is ages 25-35. Not me personally..well not to the extremes. I however am not part of the Entitled generation which I feel is quite younger. My parents gave me nothing except a hard time growing up.[/QUOTE]

Great, I understand. When I read that line, I thought you meant yourself. And I couldn't believe you would be so obviously selfish.

Young or old, we need to come together and try to thrive on the love not the hate. Yes, I know its easier said then done and we are bound to come across these times where we just vent. Furthermore, I think we need to try to look at the other sides point of view and always try to walk hand an hand even if we cannot see eye to eye on everything...! Hate isn't going to heal and/or make anything better for anyone... :shades:

:argue:YouTube - Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love?:console:

I personally feel that this is how my generation is ages 25-35. Not me personally..well not to the extremes. I however am not part of the Entitled generation which I feel is quite younger. My parents gave me nothing except a hard time growing up.

Great, I understand. When I read that line, I thought you meant yourself. And I couldn't believe you would be so obviously selfish.[/quote]

So true; This generation is so selfish. All they care about is themselves and only what they can do for themselves. I guarantee that ANGRY LCP would turn into a board hog himself if it was not for the seniority in his way. Why do I say that because he shows it by all his comments. Its all about him. Hey Angry LCP who's the common denominator in all your problems? If you don't like it then move on. What are you going to do when you reach that age where you need to retire? I doubt you will retire because you will be too worried about the one driver above you making more $$$$ that week then you.

Somehow when I posted my question to familyguy, I botched it up, and got credit for his remarks and vise-versa. Sorry, I'm kinda retarded in using this board sometimes.