Holland | Terminal Closings

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a thread on the New Penn forum about Holland closing terminals in the northeast, possibly all that overlap into New Penn territory. All I have heard about is Kalamazoo MI and Pittsburgh PA closing. Anybody have any info about potential closings?

Until it is verified, we must still assume it is a rumor. However this morning our local BA said that YRC was submitting a change of ops to close the northeast terminals, including Philadelphia. Lots of equipment moves recently, but I want to see it in writing.
If true, it's another sad day for those men.

When I got in this morning I saw a driver that was in Albany NY.last night and he said when was there last night that YRC came in and shut them down.

When I got in this morning I saw a driver that was in Albany NY.last night and he said when was there last night that YRC came in and shut them down.
Maybe told them they were shutting down, but didn't walk in and halt operations immediately i'm sure!

Maybe told them they were shutting down, but didn't walk in and halt operations immediately i'm sure!

I am sure too. They surely don't want to pay out WARN act money, so if the closing of selected northeast terminals does happen, I suspect the gradual reduction of business so as to avoid that payout.

Why to go 10% giveback. And what did we get out of it? A rise in unemployment.
Ive been watching you post this on more than one thread and I am trying to figure out where the 10% giveback has anything to do with it. Are you saying that if they didn't get the 10% then they would keep these terminals open. Enlighten me please! P.s. keep in mind I have been drinking so make it a simple explanation!

I am sure too. They surely don't want to pay out WARN act money, so if the closing of selected northeast terminals does happen, I suspect the gradual reduction of business so as to avoid that payout.

I am just asking a question cause I don't know. Doesn't the Warn Act only cover terminals that have 50 or more employees that are currently working???? And did the Dugan drivers get the Warn Act too?? I know the Red Star guys did.
:smilie_132:

Not a Rumor. I have the letter in my hads from Jeff Rogers. Given to us about an hour ago by our TM in CO. These are in fact the terminals that are closing as of April 6th:
Richmond, Wichita, Albany, Allentown, Baltimore, Bedford, DuBois, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Syracuse and Wilkes-Barre.

Not a Rumor. I have the letter in my hads from Jeff Rogers. Given to us about an hour ago by our TM in CO. These are in fact the terminals that are closing as of April 6th:
Richmond, Wichita, Albany, Allentown, Baltimore, Bedford, DuBois, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Syracuse and Wilkes-Barre.

Thanks, I guess, for the update.

Wichita sticks out like a sore thumb in that picture!