Holland | Terminal Closings

I am just asking a question cause I don't know. Doesn't the Warn Act only cover terminals that have 50 or more employees that are currently working???? And did the Dugan drivers get the Warn Act too?? I know the Red Star guys did.
:smilie_132:

Good question, so I looked it up. It covers employers with 100 or more employees. Now does that mean in total, or just at a particular facility ?
Read the info, but my guess is they won't be eligible for the WARN act even if they close right away.
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN)

Its total employee's company wide but it doesn't apply to only closing down a few terminals. The business isn't closing, they're only downsizing like everybody else has. They did this back in 2008 down south remember?

So did the law change ? The link I provided states 100 people, but it is dated 1989.

Went thru this at Redstar it goes by each facility to be covered each terminal must have 50 employees,that includes all non union and union alike..We had a few terms that did not qualify,but received something out of the settlement..:duh:come to think of it the settlement was just after old Dollar Bill bought USF:popcorn:Maybe old yella having to dig in for the cash for us old Redstar guys put the company into a tailspin:popcorn:Now there is another thing you can blame on Redstar:smilie_132:

There is a thread on the New Penn forum about Holland closing terminals in the northeast, possibly all that overlap into New Penn territory. All I have heard about is Kalamazoo MI and Pittsburgh PA closing. Anybody have any info about potential closings?

Just heard that Bobby Snyder from local 776 that it is the WHOLE east coast also.......this is crap,,I thought we gave back 10% to keep the company going and now they do this...unbeliveable....:Flame-On:

East coast also

There is a thread on the New Penn forum about Holland closing terminals in the northeast, possibly all that overlap into New Penn territory. All I have heard about is Kalamazoo MI and Pittsburgh PA closing. Anybody have any info about potential closings?

Just heard from Bobby S. from local 776 that it is the WHOLE east coast also.......this is crap, I thought we gave back 10% to keep the company going and now they do this...unbeliveable....:Flame-On:

hardtail maybe you hadn't saw what we posted earlier?

11 Northeast Holland terminals are closing April 6th. New Penn is getting the work.

Albany, Allentown, Baltimore, Bedford, DuBois, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Richmond, Syracuse, Wichita and Wilkes-Barre.

lets face it ,the 10% was to keep yellow/roadway alive,if they would have died we would have gone with them,only cause they are the parent company. there's know doubt in my mind that npme would have been able to survive this down turn, if yrcw wouldn't be in control.funny though,at the time of all these buy-outs of companys under yrcw,these great wall street people were saying only 3 big companys would be around,yet since than,i haven't seen any regional companys go down,like they claimed.except alvan,but not the complete demise like wall street claimed.

I was on my way to bed this morning was notified by office worker that a fax had just came across that also Richmond and Wichita were in the closing. I know they had 15 on letter layoff and were working only 5 men at Wichita, pretty sad day at Holland Motor! I related it to terminal managers not wanting to go after freight and picking and choosing what they want to haul and are fine pricing department in Overland Park! I remember my years at Yellow we hauled alot of ugly freight and made money I think!, Seems to me this company thinks if it isn't on pallet we don't want it!

i drive for fed ex, but spoke with a holland driver outta harrisburg this afternoon. he said his last day is the 3rd

well we all knew something was gonna happen with the regional group. just a damn shame so many guys are gonna be put out of work because of the mis-management done by YRC to USF. now what exactly happens to Holland's customers ? does NP take them over directly ? do they pick whose profitable and drop the low-baller$ ? in the past, NP would never move frt. if it wasnt profitable but with this recession we all know this is not the case anymore. also, is there an agreement in place for NP to hire Holland's men ? im assuming with an increase in frt., all on layoff from NP will be re-called and the Holland men will be next in line ? i sure hope every local involved can provide some answers. a giveback and now this ! this is horrible.

No no, these are not terminal closings, according to the memo it is "Regional Network Improvements". So everything is gonna be allright, right? :nutkick:

holland redstar all over again

if anyone cares to know the 25 yrc is requisting change opp
the 3 of april:nutkick: is the end of the old R/S term.if it lasts that long. hoffa the sell out again i am a phila p&d ex.as of the 3rd:nutkick:

Terminals Closing

I am from the Philadelphia terminal we got a letter saying all of the Northeast terminals will be closing plus Richmond and Witchita,Ks .April 3 will be our last dayNew Penn will take over sevicing these areas and YRC the others Buffalo and Erie will remain Holland it's been a good ride but good old Yellow put us in a hole and couldn't get out without pulling back our reins,funny thing is we can't follow the work to New Penn or YRC without starting all over again so I'm retiring I'll be 62 in August and I'm not bucking another list after 35 years in the union,good luck to all of my brothers and I hope Zollars rots in hell.:nutkick:

I am from the Philadelphia terminal we got a letter saying all of the Northeast terminals will be closing plus Richmond and Witchita,Ks .April 3 will be our last dayNew Penn will take over sevicing these areas and YRC the others Buffalo and Erie will remain Holland it's been a good ride but good old Yellow put us in a hole and couldn't get out without pulling back our reins,funny thing is we can't follow the work to New Penn or YRC without starting all over again so I'm retiring I'll be 62 in August and I'm not bucking another list after 35 years in the union,good luck to all of my brothers and I hope Zollars rots in hell.:nutkick:
Good for you Smoke. I would be doing the same if I were you! Best of times in retirement driver.:smilie_132: