FedEx Freight | The Big Picture

How is our pay not to scale we are the second highest paid in the ltl industry plus we get ot after 8. Go talk to Saia OD Estes see what they make.

How is our pay not to scale we are the second highest paid in the ltl industry plus we get ot after 8. Go talk to Saia OD Estes see what they make.

Don't know where YOU live/work, but in many areas, we (FexEx Freight) are way WAY behind the competition. There are 2 that I know make less, but even that is changing... Conway just announced a another good raise 2nd in 6 mo, I believe. Most LTL Co. in my area pay significantly more than FedEx Frt. OD, for example is at $24.95, FedEx? $23.68 as of today.

Perhaps you have not read this thread: http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/fedex-freight/107324-what-other-ltl-carriers-rate-pay.html You should do so, to keep up with market value for your services. :smilie93C_peelout:

Don't know where YOU live/work, but in many areas, we (FexEx Freight) are way WAY behind the competition. There are 2 that I know make less, but even that is changing... Conway just announced a another good raise 2nd in 6 mo, I believe. Most LTL Co. in my area pay significantly more than FedEx Frt. OD, for example is at $24.95, FedEx? $23.68 as of today.

Perhaps you have not read this thread: http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/fedex-freight/107324-what-other-ltl-carriers-rate-pay.html You should do so, to keep up with market value for your services. :smilie93C_peelout:

What a screw job on GSP. Just up the road in CLT is $25.08

Bill gates pays his employees and gives them multiple perks, in other words he shares the wealth.

Bill Gates is a generous man. However, I'd say that the competitive market and the knowledge and skills that the Microsoft employee brings to the table means he must in order to attract and retain the quality of employee he desires.

If FedEx operated at a 68% operating ratio I'm sure there would be more sharing of the wealth.

FedEx makes a profit of approximately $25,000 per year per employee.

Microsoft makes a profit of approximately $700,000 per year per employee.

Microsoft Corporation Net Income per Employee (MSFT), current and historic results, rankings and more, Quarterly Fundamentals - CSIMarket

Exactly ^^^ most people like citydog don't have a clue they just see what is in front of them.

Well for the first time in 4 years we(fed ex) finally got a 3% raise and are now making $25.74 still behind OD Conway and UPSf I just spoke to a holland driver he makes $26.10 all because of the union talks on East coast not even the threat of a union vote in our area YET!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Gates is a generous man. However, I'd say that the competitive market and the knowledge and skills that the Microsoft employee brings to the table means he must in order to attract and retain the quality of employee he desires.

If FedEx operated at a 68% operating ratio I'm sure there would be more sharing of the wealth.

Microsoft Corporation Net Income per Employee (MSFT), current and historic results, rankings and more, Quarterly Fundamentals - CSIMarket

Perhaps but there are thousands of part timers at all OPCOS that water that number down at FDX.

Well for the first time in 4 years we(fed ex) finally got a 3% raise and are now making $25.74 still behind OD Conway and UPSf I just spoke to a holland driver he makes $26.10 all because of the union talks on East coast not even the threat of a union vote in our area YET!

Some drivers, depending on the terminal and the area are up to that amount from FEDEX, some are not.

Perhaps but there are thousands of part timers at all OPCOS that water that number down at FDX.

I was just illustrating that you can not compare how well compensated or how much wealth is "shared" by Gates compared to Smith.

You go out and make a P&D run, how much revenue was on that route? How much did it cost them to create that revenue?

How much revenue can a single Microsoft employee generate in a day and at what cost?

Those 1000's of part timers at FedEx are cheaper than the full timers, they aren't watering that number down, they are boosting it.

hey ex your phone's ringing its freddy and the boys needing a foot rub again we don't care what you say.:6781::horse****::hysterical:

Those types of comments underline and put an exclamation point on their inabilities to debate any viewpoint they disagree with.

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

I worked there I'm not a union buster I work for a construction company and you do it to me.
Not trying to do anything to you just wondering if you no longer work here and don't have a dog in this fight why do you care what we as fdx employees do as far as the union goes. I'm just wondering is all not gonna bash you as this is an open forum and everyone has a right to free speech or in this case free typing.

Some drivers, depending on the terminal and the area are up to that amount from FEDEX, some are not.

... But upper management got a 4.17% raise this year. If we got the same amount, we would have gotten a $1.35 instead of $.80.

I thought the $.80 cent raise was great when I heard about it but when you do the math... it's not that great and considering increased heath insurance costs, we're getting even less of a raise.

:wtflol: