Yellow | The Change

"You want me to load what, where???

screwy louiey said:
Say DS I picked up a shipment going to Las Vegas which usually goes thru 671 and it was coded to 242 tonight:wtflol: :shrug:
Yea I know. How about loading 511 with Cal. and NV. freight??:chairshot: Blew my mind. DS.

Docksteward said:
Yea I know. How about loading 511 with Cal. and NV. freight??:chairshot: Blew my mind. DS.

I p/u a couple of shots going to AZ, I'll see how they route it , must be rethinking about a mini change cause I tell you we are flooding a couple of breaks we usually did'nt load to. Remember all that direct loading to 309,135 and Rock Island on those RDWYZ rail boxes. Whatever happened to that plan.

screwy louiey said:
must be rethinking about a mini change cause I tell you we are flooding a couple of breaks we usually did'nt load to. Remember all that direct loading to 309,135 and Rock Island on those RDWYZ rail boxes. Whatever happened to that plan.
That's what I can't understand. We are blowing out 135,511 and 309.:nutkick: But starving out 120 and a couple of others? The time to "dry run" these ideas is in Jan/Feb, not April, May:duh: We are going to have a meeting with management to get the dock changed like we need it. The engineers really screwed us up this time.:tribehasspoken: The "Hub" area works good. IB and OB is a total cluster. No one knows what loads where, strip beside of stack doors. California loader beside of 222, next to 511, and all the freight in the same bay?? One misload will get you 2,000 mile backhaul. They need to be moved back like they were before. Like those RDWYZ trailers......common sense in out the window.:chairshot: DS.

Speaking of changes, anyone know why we don't run the pike anymore in OH? 120-251
It actually cost more money to run the back roads.

screwy louiey said:
14 days till the big event in the big tent
Just to let you know......they moved the 657 door back down to the IB side of the dock. It was right in the middle of the "Hub" part of the dock?!?:hypnotized: Don't know what this means.......maybe sending more 657 to us, I hope! DS.

Something must be up in the air cause they're very:silenced: :ziplip:. Hope they have the manpower and equipment issues in place.

If you can let me know how this trailer arrives @671. Trailer is a rental XTRA-136646, heard you guyz were short on equipment.

screwy louiey said:
Something must be up in the air cause they're very:silenced: :ziplip:. Hope they have the manpower and equipment issues in place.

If you can let me know how this trailer arrives @671. Trailer is a rental XTRA-136646, heard you guyz were short on equipment.
Hey Lou......I'll see what I can come up with. I heard today that we were getting some extra freight from a shipper in sothern VA......they need 14 pups, now. It's high and light freight, so LF is going to take it on the chin. Maybe we could come up with some of that prime low riding stuff, to make up the difference!!:bgroovy: Just have this feeling that things are going to start "popping"......Thinking of getting some shirts made for the laid off guys......Bring em' Back!! :cool: DS.

then there was a boom!

theres a meeting monday cause we don't have the room for the trailer pool they're requesting and how're they will move it flawlessly. They're looking to lease some property as a staging area for the line haul as a relay in the city.

Thought the sales rep was smoking some stuff when he said they'll be loading some 300 pups in 10 days:cool: It is going to be a mad house up here. Looks like we'll be wearing 58 out running trips. let us see how well the COO moves this freight:TR10driving03:

mini changes

screwy louiey said:
In my opinion they under estimated freight going to these lanes. For instance we got enough freight to build loads to 120 & addition 211 as directs but it is being disquised being coded to 135 & 242. They got changes going on that should be done with a mini change to tweek this thing right but its not.:cuss: :maddance3:

I was at 411 the other day and they had several young men in the downstairs conference room which exits into the drivers room. theres no signal for cell phones so there blackberries wouldnt work. im trying to log up and they keep slamming the door. this went on for 20 mins or so. I finally asked what the hell there doing in there. the kid said there adjusting the freight lanes. I replied"you better get out the big wrenches this time be cause this place is all "f"ed up! So your correct about the tweaking going on, i stuck my head in the door and looked to see what was going on. its happening.:biglaugh:

screwy louiey said:
Looks like we'll be wearing 58 out running trips. let us see how well the COO moves this freight:TR10driving03:
Hey Lou...you run much down here anymore?? I have seen a bunch of new faces since the change. Just haven't heard anyone say lately, "Some guy named Screwy Louie was looking for you"!!:cool: Bring us all you can get there SL:smilie_132: ........DS.

Got my hands full brother

trying to get the road guys right with the work rules and some changes to the bids they are running. I feel if these Teamsters aren't making money then Roadway isn't making $$$$.

So I am putting their needs b/4 mine and hopefully things will work out for our brothers and the company.

I might get to run some of that freight down there, I'll let you know if I get a horse running that way:TR10driving03:

Just wait D.O.T is coming to roadway to clock those 600 mile trips that drivers are doing fancy logging.Those drivers better have deep pockets because roadway won't cover the fines.thats why there are changes coming tenn.droped there speed limits in someplaces more to come VA.is going to drop theres in some places for trucks.who ever did this change really screwed up.

:duh:
gopher said:
Just wait D.O.T is coming to roadway to clock those 600 mile trips that drivers are doing fancy logging.Those drivers better have deep pockets because roadway won't cover the fines.thats why there are changes coming tenn.droped there speed limits in someplaces more to come VA.is going to drop theres in some places for trucks.who ever did this change really screwed up.
Here at 309 we've known from the beginning that our run to 135 has been under scrutiny. It pays 633mi. with doubles and 641mi. with triples. With 65mph pikes and tractors that run an honest 65mph its a realatively easy 10.5 hrs. with doubles and just under 11hrs. with triples even allowing for the modest amount of construction that we've had so far this spring. Close but do-able. The problems come with the absolutely inane, incompetent,and just plain greedy dispatching. In order to operate a run like this on a 3&2 schedule and complete each individual run in under 14hrs. delay time has to be kept to an absolute minimum, a concept that planners and dispatchers at all three terminals involved(309-211-135)have yet to grasp. 309 calls you to work then keeps you waiting for 2 hrs. for your load. You pull into the 211 pad from 135 to pick up a third box and they act like they have no idea that your coming("Your who? Oh,just sit tight,I'll have you a load there in 45mins."). 135 either hasn't grasp the fact or simply doesn't care that our bid has scheduled start days and that we have to be back to 309 in time to be off rest before our bid day ends in order to make our next round. As a result they let us lay for 12-14hrs. or more and guys end up either racing the clock in order to get home in time or simply not making it and missing their next round. Not good in either case and with all of the delay time there's a lot of clock racing going on. It almost seems as though this run is being co-ordinated by the Three Stooges. 309 is Moe,211 is Larry, and 135 is Shemp. Although they're running around butting heads and pulling hair any work that gets done happens by pure accident or sheer inertia within the system. Maybe someone from Winston can elaborate on their run to 135. They run almost as many miles as we do,620something, yet they have to do it at 62mph. Woobwoobwoob, YUK YUK

I wonder if this is from the land of oz(akron)
the new company planning office they seem.
to run everything out of it. big brother as we refer to it here.(that would be Larry, Curley, Shemp and Moe )

Hey guys...........I just heard this little tid bid, yesterday. We have a state approved CDL trainer at the terminal. He has a 2 seater truck that he is assigned to. "They", I assume RDWY, took the truck from him and are doing some test runs with it. I don't think it is turned up to run faster. Just wondering if DOT is doing a little investigating. It looks like several of you guys have some questionable runs. I have heard 671 does too. Several guys have talked about the 411 turn out of 671? What little I know, "just a dumb dock worker", you can do it with a turned up Freightliner, but most aren't that way. If DOT makes the decision we can't do it legally, where does the driver that has been doing it weekly stand?? I'm with you guys, what was wrong with the "meet and turns"??:duh: DS.

troubadour said:
:
Maybe someone from Winston can elaborate on their run to 135. They run almost as many miles as we do,620something, yet they have to do it at 62mph. Woobwoobwoob, YUK YUK
and thats with running back roads for a couple hrs.

Docksteward said:
I'm with you guys, what was wrong with the "meet and turns"??:duh: DS.
someone must have figured out, it was cheaper to pay a hotel fee the pay gernerally at most a half hour wait pay.

Depending what time of day that run leaves makes the difference between it being legal or not. Some of the runs you just can make it without an incident. Let them hold you 12-14 instead of your 8-10 at the hotel now your:nutkick: .

DS I saw that freight that is going to flood the system next week. They're staging it now 8x4 plts stacked 7 high. Cube it out brother, the powers to be have not spoken yet about their master plan. The X-board should get plenty of work next week.