TForce | The end of facial hair?

Retire early?
Well let me put it to you long timers this way.
We are going into the second week of February.
I've got three more weeks of vacation time to burn up,and my last official day with UPS is March 31st.

So how much earlier can I retire?

Retire early?
Well let me put it to you long timers this way.
We are going into the second week of February.
I've got three more weeks of vacation time to burn up,and my last official day with UPS is March 31st.

So how much earlier can I retire?

You can't just do your time and retire graciously. I hope they have a small celebration for you on that special day.
Your TM seems like an idiot for always busting you down.

Apo ,,,I hope you have a grand celebration. maybe now scence you dont have to follow their rules, you can finally let that beard grow out...

No thanks I don't want any fanfair.
A simple good bye, I hope you have a good life works for me.

Some of my customers wanted to have a big send off party.
I said noway it was nice having you as our driver works for me.

they all want me to get a book of my cartoons published while I'm on retirement.
probaly because all the ones they have saved them that I did when I was waiting for them to unload me,they think will be worth something if I put a book out.

I do have some cartoons all over my house in folders,and boxes I would have to get them all together weed out the crummy stuff,clean up the good ones and see what I can come up with.
My wife says I should make a book as well she says my stuff is a lot better then books that are in book stores now.

I think its just a money thing?
Everybody thinks I'm going to be famous someday and my stuff will be valuable.

The only thing though artists works are always worth more after they die,and their art can't be produced anymore.

Well I'm going with Skeeter on this plan.

Time Will Tell!

Also my TM has said we can do anything we want on our last day!

Theres this low bridge that I always thought about topping a trailer on.

No just kidding not me I'd never do that

I thought you should have put out a book a few years ago,,, I want a copy(first run) I will stand in line for an autograph!!!

True I could write two books one with my trucking expierences,and the other just cartoons.
I could call it the unkown cartoonest.

If it doesn't sell I may get some money back from recycle.

Yes sir my wife is going to make sure I don't develop cob webs in my computer chair.
she's already setting me up with a cardio program which my heart Doctor wanted me on in 2006 after I got the stent installed.

I hope I don't wind up getting more work,then when I was working and getting a paycheck for it.

We were grandfathered under "O" and "MC", but from what I have been told, that will be coming to an end as of July 1st. No beards, gotees, long side burns or long hair. I knew that would come.

We were grandfathered under "O" and "MC", but from what I have been told, that will be coming to an end as of July 1st. No beards, gotees, long side burns or long hair. I knew that would come.

I have heard the same thing. The end of free choice over your personnal appearance is done and ovnt is dead. The day of the grievance is upon us and the battle of management against the union begins. :hysterical:

Won't be surprised if it happens. A lot of guys are abusing it. Thier supposed to keep it neat. Some of these guys just don't get it. But they'll be the first ones to complain when the policy goes into affect.

No more Grizzly Adams look? I saw that coming too.

I bet the earrings other facial jewelry gets eliminated.

Won't be surprised if it happens. A lot of guys are abusing it. Thier supposed to keep it neat. Some of these guys just don't get it. But they'll be the first ones to complain when the policy goes into affect.

Wait till they enforce the uniform policy. We have guys wearing different colored hoodies, baseball caps, improper footwear etc. Not to mention how filthy some of the uniforms are as well shined shoes. I worked for Brown before and I'm very surprised that it has been allowed to go on this long. Boats you are 100% right too, people take advantage of things and ruin it for everyone else.

Wait till they enforce the uniform policy. We have guys wearing different colored hoodies, baseball caps, improper footwear etc. Not to mention how filthy some of the uniforms are as well shined shoes. I worked for Brown before and I'm very surprised that it has been allowed to go on this long. Boats you are 100% right too, people take advantage of things and ruin it for everyone else.

I notice that also. I asked local HR why they allowed some people to get away with it.

I was asked to narc them out and I said,"NO! go out and find them for yourself"

4 months later.......it's still the same.:chairshot:

I notice that also. I asked local HR why they allowed some people to get away with it.

I was asked to narc them out and I said,"NO! go out and find them for yourself"

4 months later.......it's still the same.:chairshot:

You know it is hard for "O" management to walk the talk. They are about as brain dead as they come. The other thing is when do you think they will start washing equipment?

You know it is hard for "O" management to walk the talk. They are about as brain dead as they come. The other thing is when do you think they will start washing equipment?

The only wash I notice is when the Road Driver goes to a terminal that has wash bays and gets it done.
Our mechanic says the truck gets washed after it's been PM'd.
Otherwise, it gets washed whenever it rains as we wait for a PM.
I agree they need to do a better job in washing tractors, trailers and dolly's. We look like purple starfish excrement.

In the N. East, There are no wash bays. They did have a vendor wash ours about three years ago. Yet they wonder why all the metal antifreeze,Fuel lines have completely rusted out. Our equipment looks like junk, even the brand new equipment. My tractor has three years of grease, grime and salt caked on it.

In the N. East, There are no wash bays. They did have a vendor wash ours about three years ago. Yet they wonder why all the metal antifreeze,Fuel lines have completely rusted out. Our equipment looks like junk, even the brand new equipment. My tractor has three years of grease, grime and salt caked on it.

Sad but true. I have a new UPSF Volvo. The thing looks like a 17 series now. Sure the inside is spotless, but I'm sure some customers look and think my freight is coming in on this? I wonder how they treat the freight if they don't take care of the equipment? You talk about having a little pride in how you look. It is also good advertisement to be clean.

Sad but true. I have a new UPSF Volvo. The thing looks like a 17 series now. Sure the inside is spotless, but I'm sure some customers look and think my freight is coming in on this? I wonder how they treat the freight if they don't take care of the equipment? You talk about having a little pride in how you look. It is also good advertisement to be clean.

It is so true! The equipment is filthy. I have to buy my own soap and wach brush just to wash my windows so I can see, It is a joke.:maddance3: