Yellow | the exodus

What are your out of pocket health care costs?

When you're healthy as an OX you don't even got to worry. Won't see me outside smoking like those old trucks you guys drive every day or at the bars drinking. I'm one of the healthiest truckers out there. Get off work and go to LA Fitness to pump some iron after just swinging freight all day long.

When you're healthy as an OX you don't even got to worry. Won't see me outside smoking like those old trucks you guys drive every day or at the bars drinking. I'm one of the healthiest truckers out there. Get off work and go to LA Fitness to pump some iron after just swinging freight all day long.

I did not ask for a deflection to my question.
I am interested in individual health cost at your company, not your personal health status.

That is good in theory, but then you have what is called at Holland, a "race horse dispatch" where junior men on the open board going to the same location as some senior open board drivers, drive as fast as possible (no breaks, no lunch stop, pee in a bottle) just to get ahead of a senior driver or drivers, for that "first in first out with longer load" at that foreign terminal. It seems there should be a minimum and maximum running time to maybe stop this greed factor of people running over each other. Of course the company loves it when drivers are willing to give up their contractual right to a coffee break or lunch break. This sort of greed has always been a problem and creates bad feelings among the drivers, especially when certain "leather asses" like to brag about their running time to the dispatchers, and then are "rewarded" for giving up their contractual enroute breaks, with more miles and earlier dispatch time by dispatch that night. There doesn't seem to be any mutual respect anymore.
For sure, I don't like a "hog board" but the "race horse dispatch" isn't much better. While I was at Holland, there were several wrecks (some fatal) caused by our drivers that were driving past the point where they should have stopped for a break, simply because they wanted to be "first in".
The decision ended badly for them and sometimes for others. Sometimes just common sense should prevail.
Not just contractual breaks but by law the DOT demands a break

Some people. Fitness freaks. Have problems too.
Heart attack comes to mind.
Don't ever think your immune.
Cause it'll hit you.

Some people. Fitness freaks. Have problems too.
Heart attack comes to mind.
Don't ever think your immune.
Cause it'll hit you.

That's just a sad excuse used by drivers who like to eat burgers and smoke a lot. I purposely take sort/seg trailers to set the bar, prove I'm the fastest and make everyone else look worthless when they fill in. I'm an old man and in the best shape of my life and nothing is going to slow me down anytime soon. Been at this for years and only get better because I believe in myself.

That depends on if you're asking Billy or not. He'll tell you he's amazing. The other OD guys on here let him talk. Ain't a discussion over on their board he's not in the middle of. He ridicules everyone equally, up to and including OD.

So he's either a real life iron man super trucker, or else funnier by himself than anything Triplex and wongway say to each other.

That's just a sad excuse used by drivers who like to eat burgers and smoke a lot. I purposely take sort/seg trailers to set the bar, prove I'm the fastest and make everyone else look worthless when they fill in. I'm an old man and in the best shape of my life and nothing is going to slow me down anytime soon. Been at this for years and only get better because I believe in myself.

It's going to be a humbling ride one day, after you have torn a ligament or broken a bone, and you have to get saved by some burger eating, chain smoking, ambulance driver....