Yellow | the exodus

I live down south now but grew up between 7 and 8 mile. By Ryan road. Eventually my parents moved out to Warren by 12 mile and Ryan Rd. Then we moved up to Mid Michigan and I lived and married there. I started high school with the farm boys!
City boy in the country. It was a shock.
I had a close aunt and uncle who lived in Westland. Not even familier and couldn't imagine what it's like now. I still live by a large metro are. Not in it though. DFW.
Gotta go where the work takes you.
Better lighting in Michigan too...,,

Is Auburn Hills the high rent district ?
I was up that way a while ago went to Kalkaska what a beautiful area.
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Detroit.I left after high school for four years in 1969. I came back in 1973, and left for good in 1981. Growing up in the fifties and sixties, our family vacations were always up to northern Michigan.

Last edited:
Kalkaska is perfect, best friend and his dad live up there. Northern Michigan is another world.makes me wistful every time I think about it.

Nothing like being a "youper" I'm fron that "damn" state south of MI. but always likes going north after Labor Day got yo have the fudge ya know

I live down south now but grew up between 7 and 8 mile. By Ryan road. Eventually my parents moved out to Warren by 12 mile and Ryan Rd. Then we moved up to Mid Michigan and I lived and married there. I started high school with the farm boys!
City boy in the country. It was a shock.
I had a close aunt and uncle who lived in Westland. Not even familier and couldn't imagine what it's like now. I still live by a large metro are. Not in it though. DFW.
Gotta go where the work takes you.
Had an uncle and aunt that lived in Westland on Hazelwood street.My uncle worked and retired at the Ford plant in Wayne

M
My wife is a Romulan. Born and raised in Romulus.
Ya parent were gonna move out there before we moved up north. I remember looking at places. I Was 13 years old. Probably all city out there now.
12-13 mile was out there back in the late 60's because I remember my parents were having a house built and the whole area houses were buying built. We played in the basements and hoses as they were being built.
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Detroit.I left after high school for four years in 1969. I came back in 1973, and left for good in 1981. Growing up in the fifties and sixties, our family vacations were always up to northern Michigan.
My parents had 40 acres between Mt pleasant and midland. Moved there eventually.
Had an uncle and aunt that lived in Westland on Hazelwood street.My uncle worked and retired at the Ford plant in Wayne
They lived on Garden st.
Not really remembering any other streets but Telegraph. Been so long.
My uncle was a union carpenter. Lat thing he worked on was the Renaissance Center.

M

Ya parent were gonna move out there before we moved up north. I remember looking at places. I Was 13 years old. Probably all city out there now.
12-13 mile was out there back in the late 60's because I remember my parents were having a house built and the whole area houses were buying built. We played in the basements and hoses as they were being built.

My parents had 40 acres between Mt pleasant and midland. Moved there eventually.

They lived on Garden st.
Not really remembering any other streets but Telegraph. Been so long.
My uncle was a union carpenter. Lat thing he worked on was the Renaissance Center.
I remember being in that center in 1984