TForce | The Holy Grail aka copy of the Indy contract

That is article 25 section 5 titled paid for time right?. And like I said before no where does it say we get delay pay. The closest thing to it is where it says "all other time spent on the clock" But like I said what stops them from tellng you that you are off duty for the next 2 hours? If the contract can devote 22 pages to drug testing then they can find room to put in there the term delay pay.

Where does it say you can be put off duty for 2 hours?

So when it is your turn to voice your input to the BA and officers at YOUR local to strike a contract deal, DO IT! And quit pouting about it all over the boards, actions speak louder than words.

And the point of these forums would be?

How many people have said getting paid delay pay was a big issue? And how many people have said now we will? Alot of people have assumed it was in the contract. If it wasn't for people posting correct information on forums like these there would be even more rumors.

Eric, tell everyone how many times I have called my BA or talked to the union organizers, tell people how active I am at the local level.

Call my BA? the last time I talked to them they told me and the others at my terminal that each terminal was gonna negotiate there own contract. But reading on these forums New England is negoitiating as a region. You can never beleive just one source.

Where does it say you can be put off duty for 2 hours?
It doesn't, it is a contract it only tells you what you can't do not what you can. I could ask the same question where does it say you can't be put off duty for 2 hours.

As far as I read the contract says the only period of time you will not be paid will be a 30-60 min lunch. How much is your sit and wait pay now? Or is there such a thing? I am a city driver so I don't know this off hand.

the way it is now is if your scheduled to leave at 1:00am you start getting delay pay which is 13xx/hr or somthing like that 1 hour after your scheduled depart time. If you know your gonna be delayed 3 hours you can go to your truck and sleep those 3 hours or give the dispatcher your cellphone number and he will call you.

I am not saying they will tell you to take 2-3 hours of off duty time, I am saying the way the contract is written they could. The delay pay could fall under that article that says "all time spent in service will be paid." But it fails to say what is in service and when you can be put out of service.

Here is an example of the NMFA language it is quite specfic where ours is vague.

2297756766_513c5cd2af.jpg

2296962437_fff475af1b.jpg

2296962413_c4bfea2e8e.jpg

I am not saying I want the nmfa, but if were going to be working under a contract it should have strong language that is not left to interpretation by ups lawyers.

:hide:

No, lunch is always docked. This is stating that when a road driver is on the clock, he will be paid based on what duties he is performing, If you are switching you get Jockey pay, If you are working the dock you get dock pay. This is not the delay pay that I am sure most expected. What I do find interesting is that the Service centers can set any amount of bids that they wish and only have to guarantee 90% of them 8 hours. Which means if a terminal has 30 drivers, they can offer 10 bids and only 9 are guaranteed 8 hours. How would this be an improvement? Also I see that there is nothing in the contract for Stewards regarding super seniority. So I guess everyone looking to be stewards have nothing to look forward too. Once again UPS has put Suckers on our forehead! :hide:

I think that that would be grievable. They would go by average bill count and stops per driver. If a terminal set a level to low they would have to answer why?

Lets say your terminal has a goal of 1.41 stops per hour. 8 hours x 1.41= 11.28 stops per driver. Your terminal has 200 stops per day. 200 divided by 11.28= 17.7 drivers need per day. Lets make it 18. 2 of those 18 will be no start times. 16 left x 90%=14.4 full time bid routes. make it 14 guaranteed 8 hour jobs. That is there math to set how many drivers go on the street each day. this would be my idea of the city method.

would time for arrivals and dispatches be a waiting time and could delay you? That is in the contract. That is when most delays occur?

what stops them from upping the stops per hour? And if they switch to 10 hour days? my terminals is 1.57.

But that is not a drivers goal that is what the total has to average. Some of our drivers do 3 stops per hour some do 1 per hour but 300 miles.

But like upsfreightman said the language is not there to enforce.

who wrote the contract?

what stops them from upping the stops per hour? And if they switch to 10 hour days? my terminals is 1.57.

But that is not a drivers goal that is what the total has to average. Some of our drivers do 3 stops per hour some do 1 per hour but 300 miles.

But like upsfreightman said the language is not there to enforce.

who wrote the contract?

If you go to grievance the committe will deceide what it will be, and if not them then an arbitrator. I feel that there will be some reasoning used to set these bids other wise there will be a great amount of grievances filed. We all have had some type of bid in the past and that is past practice.

Yes, I know that not all city routes produce the same, but it is the average that will be used to set the standard.

Listen, I don't like all of this civil discussion with you, I need to mock you or something or I may go insane!:maddance3:

So when it is your turn to voice your input to the BA and officers at YOUR local to strike a contract deal, DO IT! And quit pouting about it all over the boards, actions speak louder than words.

Hey eric, can you type the "maintenance of standards" clause. This is the magic clause That I think will enlighten people when it comes to drop and hooks, fuelling etc.etc. It may not describe the actual amounts paid to you and how, but does referrance "past practices".

This is how the greivance for % vacation pay was won for road drivers.

That is article 25 section 5 titled paid for time right?. And like I said before no where does it say we get delay pay. The closest thing to it is where it says "all other time spent on the clock" But like I said what stops them from tellng you that you are off duty for the next 2 hours? If the contract can devote 22 pages to drug testing then they can find room to put in there the term delay pay.

We were told by managment a while back that when we swipe our card to begin our shift that we are either driving or we are on duty until the end of our shift. And we are not to show off duty in our log books until we swipe out and go home.

We were told by managment a while back that when we swipe our card to begin our shift that we are either driving or we are on duty until the end of our shift. And we are not to show off duty in our log books until we swipe out and go home.

Well if I am correct the reason you were told as such is based on the new log book rules of 2005, all time spent in the prescence of the company must be logged and logged on duty.

At one time a 1\2 hr.lunch could be logged off duty and now it must be logged as on duty not driving. The contract represents this "all time spent with employer", you people get paid by log, P&D by punch clock.

you don't swipe your card when you are a road driver. And there are no laws that say you can't be made to take 2-3 hours of off duty you would no longer be under the supervision of your employer you would have 2 hours of off duty. The contract says "in the service of your employer"

Q. Can I log off-duty during the 14 hours?
A. Yes, you can. It won’t stop the 14-hour clock, but it won’t be counted against the 60/70

The maintenance of standard cluse states that if it is not covered in the contract it can't be less then what you have now.

2298048079_c1cc789834.jpg

The vacation pay is not stated elsewhere in the contract "paid for time" is

you don't swipe your card when you are a road driver. And there are no laws that say you can't be made to take 2-3 hours of off duty you would no longer be under the supervision of your employer you would have 2 hours of off duty. The contract says "in the service of your employer"

Q. Can I log off-duty during the 14 hours?
A. Yes, you can. It won’t stop the 14-hour clock, but it won’t be counted against the 60/70

The maintenance of standard cluse states that if it is not covered in the contract it can't be less then what you have now.

2298048079_c1cc789834.jpg

The vacation pay is not stated elsewhere in the contract "paid for time" is

"Not less then the highest standards in effect at time of sighning".

The highest standard for vacations is %. Thats how they won vacation time.

If you go too a terminal on your run and you are told to wait for 1 hr. before your hooks are ready, are you not in the service of your employer? or are you saying you need this defined? And I am not being sarcastic , it is a legitimate question. It is to my understanding that if you are on a 3 hour layover and they ask you to go off duty because you have to wait for hooks, that is a no,no. You are still in the service of your employer.

legally yes they can tell yo to take 2-3 hours off duty. I still counts towards your 14 hour clock.

Under the contract, maybe. It might fall under the "paid for time article"

2299213581_17e5999a47.jpg

But what is the definition of "in service" or "on the clock" that is what will determine if it falls under "paid for time".

Also in that section it says road drivers will be paid by the mile. so that should squash the rumor of us being paid by the hour.

legally yes they can tell yo to take 2-3 hours off duty. I still counts towards your 14 hour clock.

Under the contract, maybe. It might fall under the "paid for time article"

2299213581_17e5999a47.jpg

But what is the definition of "in service" or "on the clock" that is what will determine if it falls under "paid for time".

Also in that section it says road drivers will be paid by the mile. so that should squash the rumor of us being paid by the hour.

We have a man that works mini hub @ night and he was a road driver, by this contract he would now be a city driver, due to the fact he is being paid by the hour. You pointed something out here, HA,HA.

I agree that" in service" should be explained or defined better, but as lame as it may be, I would still log on duty not driving unless a layover consists of 10 hrs. off duty, after all ,a log is a legal and binding contract, and with Teamster backing your argument is justified. Also keep in mind, "including but not limited too", if there is an issue this is where the maintenance of standards falls in. It's not a saving grace, but better then nothing. If I was working, I would never log off duty, it would always be on duty not driving. Unless I am in the middle of a 10 Hr. layover. And an argument here is justifiable. As far as I am concearned it should be defined better, If we had noticed this earlier I would have said something.