TForce | The Holy Grail aka copy of the Indy contract

As a NMFA Teamster, I never did ANYTHING that the company did not pay me for!

If the truck broke down....I went on the clock until I was able to roll on.

If I was on layover at a Hotel......I was paid by the hour for anything over 14 hours.

If I was snowed in, I was paid 8 hours on the clock, and then got 10 hours off duty, and then back on 8 hours and so forth until we were allowed to get back on the road....AND was paid a meal allowance during this time!

If I had to make a drop at a customer's location, I was paid FOR ALL TIME while at the customer's place.

If I was delayed at the window...I was paid for all time waiting for bills, shop repair or management stupidity!

Bottom line is....I was was paid by the rate that was "The Maintaince of Standards" in my contract, and not a penny less........just my 2 miles worth...KK

As a NMFA Teamster, I never did ANYTHING that the company did not pay me for!

If the truck broke down....I went on the clock until I was able to roll on.

If I was on layover at a Hotel......I was paid by the hour for anything over 14 hours.

If I was snowed in, I was paid 8 hours on the clock, and then got 10 hours off duty, and then back on 8 hours and so forth until we were allowed to get back on the road....AND was paid a meal allowance during this time!

If I had to make a drop at a customer's location, I was paid FOR ALL TIME while at the customer's place.

If I was delayed at the window...I was paid for all time waiting for bills, shop repair or management stupidity!

Bottom line is....I was was paid by the rate that was "The Maintaince of Standards" in my contract, and not a penny less........just my 2 miles worth...KK

What was the pay under maintenance of standards? was it full time hourly rate? or was it a preset hourly rate?

What was the pay under maintenance of standards? was it full time hourly rate? or was it a preset hourly rate?

ANYTHING that I got paid for hourly WAS my full-time rate....$22.15 per hour.....A teamster does not give discounts on his/her services......the companies only do that with their rates and services....:smilie_132:......just my 2 miles worth......KK

Buster it is spelled out pretty clear in the NMFA about road drivers and there pay. Our contract has 1 sentence. I posted a link to a scanned paragraph.

It looks to me like KK has given everybody the heads up to what to ask for in the UPS Freight contract.
One sentence isn't going to address every issue.

maybe you should get your loacl union rep.'s to dig out the NMFA and see what you also can get out of that contract in the UPS Freight contract.
It worth a try.
better then just taking what UPS is offering,and your fait is sealed for the next 5 years.

I see it as a kid getting a new toy and is so happy with it becuase it is somthing he always wanted, but once he actually has it, he starts noticing the things it does not have that he never thought about before.

Well instead of whinning about something you don't have.
use your voice get involved with the details of your contract.
Don't just lay down and let the company roll their ideas over you.

How many times have you heard theres strength in numbers on these truckingboard forums?

This is something a union is good for,everybody getting together on whats best for the entire group,and making your voices heard.

I think that that would be grievable. They would go by average bill count and stops per driver. If a terminal set a level to low they would have to answer why?

Lets say your terminal has a goal of 1.41 stops per hour. 8 hours x 1.41= 11.28 stops per driver. Your terminal has 200 stops per day. 200 divided by 11.28= 17.7 drivers need per day. Lets make it 18. 2 of those 18 will be no start times. 16 left x 90%=14.4 full time bid routes. make it 14 guaranteed 8 hour jobs. That is there math to set how many drivers go on the street each day. this would be my idea of the city method.

I would think that would be covered under the fair days pay for a fair days work.

We have always had management tell us the goals we should obtain, well great if we do, but thats not our concern. Our job is to go from stop to stop as quickly and safely as possible, if that meanswe don't hit quoto because of things we can't control so be it. They can't letter us for that.

Its a true story the faster you go the unsafer you will be.
the old saying still applys today.
(Haste,makes Waste)

As much as UPS wants to speed up their freight division,they are leaving their door open for some very unsafe work practises.
that could result in major claims from the speedy dock crew,as well as law sutes for speedy truckers when they have their crash landings.
(Live and Learn) is another old saying that still works.
If we drivers and the people that are driving around us want to live.
UPS has got to learn to let us do our jobs in a good and proper safe manor.

I have been complaining about this contract since the first day it came out. I think there are alot of people who just want to be a teamster regardless of what the contract says. Or take the time to read it thereself.

How many times have you heard at your terminal on here or wherever that road drivers will get delay pay?
Or that ins. will be paid for?

The majority of the employees got to see the contract for the first time when the union came to our terminal I did not see a single person pick it up and read all 70+ pages of it.

Yeah there are strength in numbers but we don't have a national contract, there is no threat of a national strike. When people say the indie contract is a master and were just adding suppliments there wrong. There is no master contract. Whoever does not beleive this call my local and tell them they are wrong.

Road drivers are easily outnumbered on here and at the terminals. Look at the contract suggestion thread. Road drivers are the minority, we have to take what the majority deceides.

And about going faster. UPS will have higher standards, right now parcel is at 8.5 seconds per package delivery time.

lol, why does everyone always bring parcal into this. You aren't parcal, you'll never be as quick as parcal, you won't get paid like parcal.

You did make a good point there. Wonder about not having a national contract, how that would work, strike that is. I can see how N.E could do since their going to have a regional contract. Are others lining up in regions or is terminal at a time.

lol, why does everyone always bring parcal into this. You aren't parcal, you'll never be as quick as parcal, you won't get paid like parcal.

You did make a good point there. Wonder about not having a national contract, how that would work, strike that is. I can see how N.E could do since their going to have a regional contract. Are others lining up in regions or is terminal at a time.

of course we will never be as quick as parcel but I am using them as a reference they will treat us the same. Speeding will not get you done any quicker they would never tell you to speed. Where you save ll of your time is while your at the stop. I am sure alot of us do try to get out of our stops as fast as possible. But they are gonna come up with procedures to cut seconds here and there.

If there are 6,000 p&d drivers and they average 10 stops per day, for every 60 seconds they can cut off of a delivery time they will save about $6 million a year.

If new england negoitiated as a region and they could not come to an agreement I would think just new england would strike.

Some terminals will negoitiate by themselves if they can't come to an agreement then only they would strike.

Thats what I was talking about, if a solo terminal went on strike, it really wouldn't be much of a big deal as there are usually a terminal near by that could pick up the slack. Which leads to the idea, that in everyones single contract, there should be a clause that doesn't allow you to enter into a facilities area that is on strike.

I think there is, I will check to be sure.

Yes there is a clause in there that states you can't be made to cross a picket line or be disciplined

If new england negoitiated as a region and they could not come to an agreement I would think just new england would strike.

Some terminals will negoitiate by themselves if they can't come to an agreement then only they would strike.

First off, the years of striking are over. Neither side could afford the major losses. If anything, a work slow down is much more effective. Ask UPS Pilots. Also if there was ever a strike, we would all go. It's called solidarity. Why do you favor Unionization if you do not want to stick together?

Secondly, you will be regionally negotiated. UPS is not going to take the next 5 yrs and do Terminal after Terminal talks, that is just ridiculous, time consuming and costly.

thats what I had thought, regionally that is. To say the day of the strike is over, not sure there. Day or two maybe. Its the leverage of having the ability to call a strike thats the most important thing.