TForce | The Holy Grail aka copy of the Indy contract

First off, the years of striking are over. Neither side could afford the major losses. If anything, a work slow down is much more effective. Ask UPS Pilots. Also if there was ever a strike, we would all go. It's called solidarity. Why do you favor Unionization if you do not want to stick together?

Secondly, you will be regionally negotiated. UPS is not going to take the next 5 yrs and do Terminal after Terminal talks, that is just ridiculous, time consuming and costly.

Like I said that is what the union organizers told us. So what happens if a terminal takes longer to get the # of people needed to sign enough cards. For an example Jacksonville has not had enough people sign yet but all of the terminals around it have, my terminal and the 3 around it are negoitiating in the next week or 2. Jacksonville is the next terminal north of our group. So the next group of terminals can't negoitiate until jacksonville signs enough cards? What if they never do?

What if a terminal signs enough cards but the terminals around it does not, does that terminal not get to negoitiate a contract? I posted a quote from Ken Hall where he said they were going by terminal.

I don't know the laws of strikes but I don't think you can strike for any reason, if your contract is not violated I don't think it would be authorized.

I don't know all the rules, I wish I did.

But We are not teamsters until a contract is signed even though we signed a card.

of course we will never be as quick as parcel but I am using them as a reference they will treat us the same. Speeding will not get you done any quicker they would never tell you to speed. Where you save ll of your time is while your at the stop. I am sure alot of us do try to get out of our stops as fast as possible. But they are gonna come up with procedures to cut seconds here and there.

If there are 6,000 p&d drivers and they average 10 stops per day, for every 60 seconds they can cut off of a delivery time they will save about $6 million a year.

If new england negoitiated as a region and they could not come to an agreement I would think just new england would strike.

Some terminals will negoitiate by themselves if they can't come to an agreement then only they would strike.

Well I do not want to see a strike but we have no quams about shooting a contract down. Most of atleast 2 terminals have already stated this.

UPS wants this done as quick as possible, I think you may see more regional contracts, goes by quicker. We are in Negs. now, we will see what happens.

I don't think anyone wants to see a strike, both sides lose more then they gain.

When you guys negoitiated did you say wha you were willing to give up, or what was negoitiable to give up?

Like I said that is what the union organizers told us. So what happens if a terminal takes longer to get the # of people needed to sign enough cards. For an example Jacksonville has not had enough people sign yet but all of the terminals around it have, my terminal and the 3 around it are negoitiating in the next week or 2. Jacksonville is the next terminal north of our group. So the next group of terminals can't negoitiate until jacksonville signs enough cards? What if they never do?

What if a terminal signs enough cards but the terminals around it does not, does that terminal not get to negoitiate a contract? I posted a quote from Ken Hall where he said they were going by terminal.

I don't know the laws of strikes but I don't think you can strike for any reason, if your contract is not violated I don't think it would be authorized.

Here is a for instance. In New England we have eight barns. Seven signed cards, one barn, BUR did not. The seven barns were going to go to the negotiations table regardless if BUR signed or not. If the talks had started, and agreements to some of the suppliments had been reached, BUR would have to accept these bylaws without petition because of their lack of interest at the time of the ongoing negotiations. Bottom line here is if you snooze, you loose. Fortunatly, BUR is on board now and is a memeber in good standing. I'd tell JAX to get on board or get what everyone else has decided for them!!!

Here is a for instance. In New England we have eight barns. Seven signed cards, one barn, BUR did not. The seven barns were going to go to the negotiations table regardless if BUR signed or not. If the talks had started, and agreements to some of the suppliments had been reached, BUR would have to accept these bylaws without petition because of their lack of interest at the time of the ongoing negotiations. Bottom line here is if you snooze, you loose. Fortunatly, BUR is on board now and is a memeber in good standing. I'd tell JAX to get on board or get what everyone else has decided for them!!!
And that is exactly what happened.:1036316054:

Hold on, so your saying the card check does not apply to all terminals just the majority of them in a region. What if jacksonville does not want to join? They will be forced to. When we signed cards we were told if we did not get a majority signed we were going to remain non-union.

Hold on, so your saying the card check does not apply to all terminals just the majority of them in a region. What if jacksonville does not want to join? They will be forced to. When we signed cards we were told if we did not get a majority signed we were going to remain non-union.

The card check is in effect for a period of three years. Nobody will be forced to join. If you have some terminals in a region that do not show interest while negotiations take place and at a later date those terminals that showed no interest become interested, they will have to except what has already been negotiated. The no interest terminals will have no say in what is negotiated.

It will be interesting to see what happens when a non-union road driver goes to a union terminal. Will they be told to go sit in the break room, while the union members do all his old work (drop and hooks and or dock work) since he will have no standing to work at the terminal. They are not part of the bargaining group. This will be very interesting.

so that means the regions are already drawn out?

Not really. Only if the majority of terminals in a region are interested and then the Teamsters will go for the region. At the beginning they were starting terminal to terminal. When they started with New England and saw that they had the majority of terminals in NE The teamsters got the ok from higher up to try and negotiate by the region. It worked in NE and I'm sure this started the ball rolling on the regional negotiating. The Teamsters can do this either way, Terminal to Terminal or by the region. Its much easier to go by the region, And Im sure this is how they will continue to unionize and negotiate.

just curious becuase in florida us and 3 other terminals are set to negoitiate.

Thre are 3 terminals in south florida 1 or 2 are signed up but not included in our group and then jacksonville. That would seem like a lot of "regions"

It will be interesting to see what happens when a non-union road driver goes to a union terminal. Will they be told to go sit in the break room, while the union members do all his old work (drop and hooks and or dock work) since he will have no standing to work at the terminal. They are not part of the bargaining group. This will be very interesting.

Good question, But I hope everyone gets on board. We need to be One Company, One union.:1036316054:

I just don't believe that it will reach everybody. Unless UPS turns up the heat even more. This opening drive was like a dam bursting, eventually the flood subsides.