XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

This is the thing .... This is the bottom line .... I've said it a thousand times .... The Teamsters will never gain enough leverage that is needed to gain another major LTL player ... I could go on and on .... I could post link after link why it will never happen ... Still some of you die hard members want to feed hope to these guys that it is possible ... They could win the lotto too ... Tell them that but good grief move on about this topic ... It's a pipe dream .... Just like the lotto ... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN ... There is not enough solidarity. PERIOD.
Reddaway came in one barn at a time didn't they?

Not gone yet. But dying out. You guys keep pointing to UPS. But your contract is garbage. Comparing it to the UPS contact is ridiculous.
you dong even know anythin about our contract, remember, we use a weekly recap? have you ever even seen a copy of our contract, or just more assumptions?
Somewhere back there somebody said something about me seeing the future of union health care. That isn't me. No crystal ball needed. It has already been decided. Just like the 30% pension reduction. It's the government.

no, you are STILL clueless. the closest conway comes to the plan i have cost 103 a week, and is trash coverage. like i said, i have a daughter with a heart condition, your insurance would put anyone with those costs in a cardboard box.

your wishes and hopes that our insurance goes away are just that. like i said, enjoy your wifes meijers pension.....

That's a reality that none of them want to confront.

The fact is, it's not 1932 anymore. Companies can't treat their drivers badly in this economy. Con-Way can't even fire a poor performer, they have to hope he flips a trailer if they want one gone. And the things we could use (pension) are things the union can't deliver anyway.

please explain how you KNOW conway wouldnt negotiate back into their pension fund?

This is the thing .... This is the bottom line .... I've said it a thousand times .... The Teamsters will never gain enough leverage that is needed to gain another major LTL player ... I could go on and on .... I could post link after link why it will never happen ... Still some of you die hard members want to feed hope to these guys that it is possible ... They could win the lotto too ... Tell them that but good grief move on about this topic ... It's a pipe dream .... Just like the lotto ... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN ... There is not enough solidarity. PERIOD.

here you go, with more of that chip on your shoulder from overnite....

Reddaway came in one barn at a time didn't they?
Reddaway is a very poor example... Conway and FedEx have massive resources and will drag it out for years just like Overnite did if need be. They will bleed the Teamsters dry of money and you guys will run away just like you did with Overnite. With your tail between your legs ... You guys are living in a fantasy world. Be glad you have ABF ... UPS and the YRC companies ... What you have is all you will get in the LTL market. Count your blessings.

Reddaway is a very poor example... Conway and FedEx have massive resources and will drag it out for years just like Overnite did if need be. They will bleed the Teamsters dry of money and you guys will run away just like you did with Overnite. With your tail between your legs ... You guys are living in a fantasy world. Be glad you have ABF ... UPS and the YRC companies ... What you have is all you will get in the LTL market. Count your blessings.
A poor example? Why? One barn at a time. Card check neutrality too.

Ever wonder who pulled the plug on Overnite only to have the most highly compensated union workers in ltl a little later?

A poor example? Why? One barn at a time. Card check neutrality too.

Ever wonder who pulled the plug on Overnite only to have the most highly compensated union workers in ltl a little later?
What your implying shows how little you know about Overnite.... It doesn't even dignify a response.

What your implying shows how little you know about Overnite.... It doesn't even dignify a response.
I know picketing, hand billing, and waving at the boys in grey every morning was a proud moment those days. You're assumptions are quite correct and I didn't expect a low level manager to have any idea what was in the works. Dave G. had a clue though.

sez a guy that got walked out and for some reason that you wont share, wont go back to his old beloved overnite, even though their pay and benefits are far above Saia...

Moving from one side of the dispatch window to the other had an adverse effect on that shiny career? Maybe the picketing Teamster's left him with skid marks in his shorts a time or two? Who knows?

Moving from one side of the dispatch window to the other had an adverse effect on that shiny career? Maybe the picketing Teamster's left him with skid marks in his shorts a time or two? Who knows?

mb he got walked, and put on the short list of "do not hire" that the local companies have. why else would someone go to vitran?

no, you are STILL clueless. the closest conway comes to the plan i have cost 103 a week, and is trash coverage. like i said, i have a daughter with a heart condition, your insurance would put anyone with those costs in a cardboard box.

I'm not aware of any plan, currently available, that allows for a maximum annual out of pocket expense exceeding $6250/individual.

Given your family medical needs I am certain that health insurance is of high priority to you. Just be aware, when making decisions about what you are willing to compromise for excellent health insurance, what the worst would really cost you. When we make choices about what we are willing to endure to avoid some other calamity, it's really best to know just about that calamity could be.

mb he got walked, and put on the short list of "do not hire" that the local companies have. why else would someone go to vitran?

I worked for two LTL carriers that has the same "do not hire" list. Those on that list were any CDL holder that had been a Teamster.

I worked for two LTL carriers that has the same "do not hire" list. Those on that list were any CDL holder that had been a Teamster.

Passing on quality personal based on Union affiliation? Your competitors were gladly scooping them up.