XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

you think the union didnt have a plan? youre nuts. its the same with conway, 3 years ago there were cards signed, but no vote. there is voting now because they have a plan and a source of leverage......
Okay, well I guess time will tell.

Let's say if there's no contact at LLA in one year, you were wrong.

I know picketing, hand billing, and waving at the boys in grey every morning was a proud moment those days. You're assumptions are quite correct and I didn't expect a low level manager to have any idea what was in the works. Dave G. had a clue though.
The strike started in 1999 and ended in 2002 .... So UPS waited 4 years after the strike ended to buy them. Do your research about the founder of Overnite (Cochrane) before you go shooting your mouth off.

Part of the reason I don't disclose everything that happened to me during that time is that much of it would be used against me ... I don't feel the need to brag about all the things I did at Overnite ... It's called humility ... I will say that I spoke with Mr. Cochrane on many occasions before the Union Pacific purchase and even after .... He was truly just a good ole boy .... Were we good friends and would he remember my name ... Not likely ... But it was a honor for me to meet one of the greatest men in the LTL business. I know how it all played out with the union and if these guys want to say the Teamsters walked away in a calculated way .... That they have this grand plan to get Conway and FedEx ..... Again in a grand plan that will take a few years ... (now a few years) ... Let them dream ... Let them try and discredit me ... I know how it will play out ... It won't get as far as Overnite .... It will never come to a strike as it did in 1999 .... The guys will come to their senses and decide against the union in time ... Sometimes the winners are the ones that choose not to go to war ... These cocky arrogant types on here will someday learn humility ... Something I learned long ago ... I had it all ... Then I lost it all ... That will teach you humility ... What I have today will allow me to retire comfortably .... And honestly that's all any man can ask .... Most everything I learned in this business I learned from J. Harwood Cochrane ... A man that's reputation speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Part of the reason I don't disclose everything that happened to me during that time is that much of it would be used against me ... I don't feel the need to brag about all the things I did at Overnite ... It's called humility ... I will say that I spoke with Mr. Cochrane on many occasions before the Union Pacific purchase and even after .... He was truly just a good ole boy .... Were we good friends and would he remember my name ... Not likely ... But it was a honor for me to meet one of the greatest men in the LTL business. I know how it all played out with the union and if these guys want to say the Teamsters walked away in a calculated way .... That they have this grand plan to get Conway and FedEx ..... Again in a grand plan that will take a few years ... (now a few years) ... Let them dream ... Let them try and discredit me ... I know how it will play out ... It won't get as far as Overnite .... It will never come to a strike as it did in 1999 .... The guys will come to their senses and decide against the union in time ... Sometimes the winners are the ones that choose not to go to war ... These cocky arrogant types on here will someday learn humility ... Something I learned long ago ... I had it all ... Then I lost it all ... That will teach you humility ... What I have today will allow me to retire comfortably .... And honestly that's all any man can ask .... Most everything I learned in this business I learned from J. Harwood Cochrane ... A man that's reputation speaks for itself.

Used against you? Are you involved in racketeering? You've got some big guns in your closet, don't you? Afraid of RICO? LMAO! You are deep, dark, and mysterious. I surly won't **** you off for fear of who you know.....Sir.

Please - Do brag. We are inquiring minds. Tell us a tale. I've seen every episode of Sons of Anarchy, so don't leave out the gratuitous violence. I can handle it. Just call it fiction to protect yourself. And change the names to protect others. But run it past your legal team first.

You are much more then you reveal, aren't you?

Amazing how you are so knowledgeable of everything yet you were canned from overnight as a dispatcher and eneded up as a driver at Vitran before they were bought out by CT. Seems career wise you keep stepping downward.

Used against you? Are you involved in racketeering? You've got some big guns in your closet, don't you? Afraid of RICO? LMAO! You are deep, dark, and mysterious. I surly won't **** you off for fear of who you know.....Sir.

Please - Do brag. We are inquiring minds. Tell us a tale. I've seen every episode of Sons of Anarchy, so don't leave out the gratuitous violence. I can handle it. Just call it fiction to protect yourself. And change the names to protect others. But run it past your legal team first.

You are much more then you reveal, aren't you?
Nothing mysterious BR ... Anything i say in regard to my union involvement would discounted. I'm nothing dude. I know where I stand in the big picture ... Unfortunately you don't. You are just a pawn .... nothing more.

And glad you exhibit no arrogance when you constantly tell us how financially secure your retirement will be.
I wouldn't call it arrogance ... I'm not giving numbers .... I'm simply stating I will live comfortable ... I could also die of a heart attack next week ... One day at a time BR.

Amazing how you are so knowledgeable of everything yet you were canned from overnight as a dispatcher and eneded up as a driver at Vitran before they were bought out by CT. Seems career wise you keep stepping downward.
Not true ... As a driver now I've moved up ... The only regret I have is that I became a dispatcher. Should have stayed a driver ... But I can't change things now ... Less stress and better health .... Live and learn.

The only difference between me and many others on here is that I understand that the Teamsters is not a Savior ... That contract is just paper ... All the concessions given over the years proves that. Contract .... Contract .... Contract .... its not worth the paper its written on.

The only difference between me and many others on here is that I understand that the Teamsters is not a Savior ... That contract is just paper ... All the concessions given over the years proves that. Contract .... Contract .... Contract .... its not worth the paper its written on.

Nobody said the teamsters are a savior. Contracts arent worth it? Most upper management are under contract, most of your freight customers are under contracted rates, the PT and railroads the companies use are contracted, unless you pay cash for your home or cars you are under contract with the bank. That football game you watch is contracted to the network using contracted players, coaches, and officials. Seems to be contracts work out pretty good for corporations, oh until their lowly working man labor force wants a contract. Then they will contract people to fight the workforce from pursuing a contract.

Nobody said the teamsters are a savior. Contracts arent worth it? Most upper management are under contract, most of your freight customers are under contracted rates, the PT and railroads the companies use are contracted, unless you pay cash for your home or cars you are under contract with the bank. That football game you watch is contracted to the network using contracted players, coaches, and officials. Seems to be contracts work out pretty good for corporations, oh until their lowly working man labor force wants a contract. Then they will contract people to fight the workforce from pursuing a contract.
We are talking about LTL trucking companies .... You guys can continue to gang up on me .... That's fine .... But in end when FedEx and Conway never gets a contract then you can say I'm wrong .... That's ultimately the point I've been trying to make .... Despite all the other differences that has always been my main point. You and your kind think it's possible ..... I'm telling you right now what I believe .... The Teamsters will never gain another a major LTL player .... Someone is right ... And someone is wrong.

Last edited:
If you guys could turn back the hands of time I'm sure you would have started with the Teamsters ... But you can't and it is what it is .... Quit sitting around crying like a ***** .... It's not anyone's fault but your own that you didn't prepare for your future with an
IRA or something ... Your pension was stole from you ... Get over it ... It's done and the Teamsters is not your savior .. I had a pension and converted it ... But had I not I would still be prepared ... Now days you can't count on anything being there in the end ... If you want to blame someone ... Blame yourself.
Crying like a *****? Must have different rules for the mods. Seen people banned for lesser.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are talking about LTL trucking companies .... You guys can continue to gang up on me .... That's fine .... But in end when FedEx and Conway never gets a contract then you can say I'm wrong .... That's ultimately the point I've been trying to make .... Despite all the other differences that has always been my main point. You and your kind think it's possible ..... I'm telling you right now what I believe .... The Teamsters will never gain another a major LTL player .... Someone is right ... And someone is wrong.
My kind? You are quite condescending arent you.