XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

I am bitter at corporate management that has absolute and total control over my compensation.

If you owned your own company wouldn't you want to be able to decide what you pay for various goods and services?

Corporate management should have absolute and total control over what the job pays. Whether or not you decide your time and skills are worth said compensation is 100% within your control. Quite simple really.

I thought you were done with your campaign.

Overnight had a significant percentage of employees that wanted union representation when you joined it. Your coworkers invited and participated in union affaires. Perhaps your coworkers should share in some of your targeted bitterness.

Let's compare bitterness;

I am bitter at corporate management that has absolute and total control over my compensation. They told me if I leave my job and come work for them, I will earn a specific compensation package with a nice payout at the end. BUT, after our years of loyal service, they decided their obligations to their loyal employees are a lie. They overtly and without apologies ****ed us.

LOL, our wages are currently 10 percent less than that of your prior employer. But wait! Enter the union, and our wages go up.

You tell me specifically why you ARE bitter and I will tell you specifically why I am bitter.

All of that repressed anger is going to destroy you. Were you touched in an inappropriate way? Were you promised a new stereo? Let's work past this "Conway could use the union" but "the union will never win at Conway" game.

What's really wrong? Why do you feel a need to retaliate and seek personal vengeance at Conway?
BR I do understand ... What was done was wrong ... Perhaps in the final analysis and perhaps deep in the subconscious I understand what you truly don't .... You can't overcome that evil empire ... They chew people like you and organizations like the Teamsters up and spit them out on a daily basis .... You can fight them but all your efforts will be in vain .... JUST LIKE OVERNITE. For some reason you can't grasp the parallel .... Your living in a fantasy world .... I'm a realist .... Accept your fate ... Or move on .... Your skill set can better be served elsewhere

BR I do understand ... What was done was wrong ... Perhaps in the final analysis and perhaps deep in the subconscious I understand what you truly don't .... You can't overcome that evil empire ... They chew people like you and organizations like the Teamsters up and spit them out on a daily basis .... You can fight them but all your efforts will be in vain .... JUST LIKE OVERNITE. For some reason you can't grasp the parallel .... Your living in a fantasy world .... I'm a realist .... Accept your fate ... Or move on .... Your skill set can better be served elsewhere
Perseverance.
There is no doubt in my mind this is doable, but it will require perseverance. I'm glad everybody doesn't think like you. There would be no accomplishments in the world. Everyone would think they live in a fantasy land and was not capable of achieving anything worthwhile.

So, specifically, what is your primary resentment towards your Overnight coworkers and the union?

If you owned your own company wouldn't you want to be able to decide what you pay for various goods and services?

Corporate management should have absolute and total control over what the job pays. Whether or not you decide your time and skills are worth said compensation is 100% within your control. Quite simple really.

If I were a business owner, yes I would negotiate the best possible prices I could for goods and services.

The company will have a choice to sign a contract, or not. All we will do is manipulate the labor market just as corporations manipulate their own markets.
Should labor not be allowed to charge whatever rate they wish for their services?
If you owned a company, would you not want to feel free to charge whatever you wish for your services? Your ability to manage the company and to price within the market will determine whether or not you stay in business.
We feel there is plenty a room with in the labor market for growth and compensation. Like a corporation we would like to maximize our respective markets. Should we not be given that choice?
Thank God we live in a free market country where unions are not repressed.

Overnite ceased to exist once UPS bought them out.

The unionization attempt was a failure. They were on the way to decertification after the disastrous strike.
Right out of Trains comments from the past!! ( Not being rude Train) just commenting on this gentlemans post!!

Should labor not be allowed to charge whatever rate they wish for their services?

Sure, and if they can't find somebody willing to pay, then they are unemployed.

If you owned a company, would you not want to feel free to charge whatever you wish for your services? Your ability to manage the company and to price within the market will determine whether or not you stay in business.

Exactly. When my business along with other businesses band together and all raise our prices to a captive market it is called "price fixing" and is illegal. When a group of employees do the same thing it is called "collective bargaining".

Sure, and if they can't find somebody willing to pay, then they are unemployed.

Exactly. When my business along with other businesses band together and all raise our prices to a captive market it is called "price fixing" and is illegal. When a group of employees do the same thing it is called "collective bargaining".

So what's your point?
Corporate lying and theft are legal too. That's why we need a contract.

Corporate lying and theft are legal too.

Sure they are.

My point is, why should employees and employers be held to different standards? I, as a business owner, can not charge whatever I wish without losing customers/market share. Hourly employees, are permitted to bond together and hold their employers hostage, so-to-speak, demanding better compensation than what they originally agreed to when hired. If I am at risk for losing market share, they should be at risk for losing employment.

Yes...That's why they call it bargaining.

As far as different standards, Our corporation maintains different core value standards. Start with them. And then call your congressman and tell him/her that you disapprove of unions. You've already made it crystal clear here.

Sure they are.

My point is, why should employees and employers be held to different standards? I, as a business owner, can not charge whatever I wish without losing customers/market share. Hourly employees, are permitted to bond together and hold their employers hostage, so-to-speak, demanding better compensation than what they originally agreed to when hired. If I am at risk for losing market share, they should be at risk for losing employment.

what about conway, where certain parts of their compensation have been taken away, that were previously agreed upon.

and what business owner doesnt know and accept the labor laws of this country when starting a company? gee, labor unions have only been around for over 100 years, at what point is it on the business owner to educate himself on what workers can and cant do? the NLRA has been weakened significantly, why all the sniveling from corporate america?

Sure they are.

Thats a good one... As BR has stated many times I wish I had wrote that ... Anyway ... BR I will explain what happened at Overnite that left me so bitter soon ... Don't like posting from phone... I ain't forgot you.

what about conway, where certain parts of their compensation have been taken away, that were previously agreed upon.

and what business owner doesnt know and accept the labor laws of this country when starting a company? gee, labor unions have only been around for over 100 years, at what point is it on the business owner to educate himself on what workers can and cant do? the NLRA has been weakened significantly, why all the sniveling from corporate america?

And what did the union do to protect the parts of your compensation ? Previously agreed upon ? Held hostage ? The company told you to give them everything they wanted or close the doors ?

What did the union really do for you ?

So what's your point?
Corporate lying and theft are legal too. That's why we need a contract.
Uh, it will ruin your job. You want your job to be eliminate like so many of those at Yellow and Roadway? You had better wake up. Your getting equal or better than most LTL's

What is your biggest gripe? Tell us please... BTW, do you read newspapers or online and stuff like that? Just curious..

60ml9lI.jpg

Your company didn't need to bust the union. The union came to the companies aid. And they have accomplished the rest of the list together.

Your company didn't need to bust the union. The union came to the companies aid. And they have accomplished the rest of the list together.

What is your problem with that?

One of your biggest fears is that the union would bury the corporation with unreasonable demands. And here they prove to work together in dire times. The union (us?) saw the issue and the union (we?) accommodated even though it was through inept management and Conway's sustained price war that they got to that place.

Through a vote of the employees, and after seeing the financials, the union gave concessions. They were reasonable and worked with the corporation. WTF is wrong with that?

What is your problem with that?

One of your biggest fears is that the union would bury the corporation with unreasonable demands. And here they prove to work together in dire times. The union (us?) saw the issue and the union (we?) accommodated even though it was through inept management and Conway's sustained price war that they got to that place.

Through a vote of the employees, and after seeing the financials, the union gave concessions. They were reasonable and worked with the corporation. WTF is wrong with that?

That you continue to boast having a union and a contract in writing means nothing bad will ever happen. Even though we have solid right in front of us proof that bad things can and will happen.

And that when those bad things do happen. The union will not fight for the employees. They will fight for the company. And do everything they can to cater to the company's needs.

And I don't fear any of that at all. I strongly believe that no contract will be reached. Once these drivers realize that there is no piggy bank to rob. And that they aren't going to get what they want. There will be decerts.

Right now there are a lot of lies and half truths. Make believe and would, could and should. If they ever get far enough to see what the contract reads. The one they will vote on.

Then they will know what's real.

LMAO.
So if the union is going to protect the corporation, then why don't you sign a card?
That you continue to boast having a union and a contract in writing means nothing bad will ever happen. Even though we have solid right in front of us proof that bad things can and will happen.

And that when those bad things do happen. The union will not fight for the employees. They will fight for the company. And do everything they can to cater to the company's needs.

And I don't fear any of that at all. I strongly believe that no contract will be reached. Once these drivers realize that there is no piggy bank to rob. And that they aren't going to get what they want. There will be decerts.

Right now there are a lot of lies and half truths. Make believe and would, could and should. If they ever get far enough to see what the contract reads. The one they will vote on.

Then they will know what's real.