XPO | The Union Busting begins at Nof

I suppose stealing company time isn't a justified reason for a termination .... We could go on and on here .... With no one coming out on top .... Everyone has their own thoughts and it will always become some sort of Mexican standoff .... With no one backing down ..... I only wish I could take a bet with you about whether or not the Teamsters will fully unionize Conway .... Hmmmmm let's say by 2017 .... I would so love to take your money. The Teamsters are so out of their element. Capitalism will send packing with their tail between their legs.

I suppose stealing company time isn't a justified reason for an termination .... We could go on and on here .... With no one coming out on top .... Everyone has their own thoughts and it will always become some sort of Mexican standoff .... With no one backing down ..... I only wish I could take a bet with you about whether or not the Teamsters will fully unionize Conway .... Hmmmmm let's say by 2017 .... I would so love to take your money. The Teamsters are so out of their element. Capitalism will send packing with their tail between their legs.
I have all day sunshine. Don't fold so easily.

Stealing time? Really? Screwing off to you is a stealing? Stealing is cardinal sin! Better send your ass packing too fella because you "stole" time to inquire about their plight. What you have there is "abuse" of time and falls under progressive discipline rather than accelerated discipline. You see, your response is a prime example of why we have language in our contracts to protect our members from abuse. Your response is another example of how poor management hurts a company. So you fire that employee for what you call "stealing time" which is in reality nothing more than an abuse of company time. When all the smoke clears that employee is reinstated and made completely whole. Possibly thousands of dollars your boneheaded move just cost the company. Good job Train! It's all the unions fault you can't seem to understand our contract language and how it pertains to correctly administer discipline.

I suppose stealing company time isn't a justified reason for a termination .... We could go on and on here .... With no one coming out on top .... Everyone has their own thoughts and it will always become some sort of Mexican standoff .... With no one backing down ..... I only wish I could take a bet with you about whether or not the Teamsters will fully unionize Conway .... Hmmmmm let's say by 2017 .... I would so love to take your money. The Teamsters are so out of their element. Capitalism will send packing with their tail between their legs.
One other thing you might keep in mind. Trade unionism is a big part of capitalism. Our economy was most robust when unions were at their peak.

Stealing time? Really? Screwing off to you is a stealing? Stealing is cardinal sin! Better send your ass packing too fella because you "stole" time to inquire about their plight. What you have there is "abuse" of time and falls under progressive discipline rather than accelerated discipline. You see, your response is a prime example of why we have language in our contracts to protect our members from abuse. Your response is another example of how poor management hurts a company. So you fire that employee for what you call "stealing time" which is in reality nothing more than an abuse of company time. When all the smoke clears that employee is reinstated and made completely whole. Possibly thousands of dollars your boneheaded move just cost the company. Good job Train! It's all the unions fault you can't seem to understand our contract language and how it pertains to correctly administer discipline.
You don't think I understand all the verbiage in a union contract ... I was just talking in general and you want to get all technical ... You are only as strong as your steward in most cases ... You know the ones that break bread with management ... In my day it happened all the time ... I know you guys are beyond reproach and would never do anything that didn't serve your members the best.

Last edited:
You don't think I understand all the verbiage in a union contract ... I was just talking in general and you want to get all technical ... You are only as strong as your steward in most cases ... You know the ones that break bread with management ... In my day it happened all the time ... I know you guys are beyond reproach and would never do anything that didn't serve your member the best.
I'm sorry train. Did I open up an old wound or two? Are you like some managers and have more ego than brains? Basic comprehension does elude many.

Ah yes, the weak Steward. Who elected that Steward? Who does that Steward serve? You allowed that type of behavior? Now back in your day, did you just sit idly by and have a bite or two of that bread or did you do something about it? The majority are solid but every so often a bad apple turns up. There are ways to deal with a worthless Steward.

You mess with my job everyday you go to work without joining.
You mess with the whole nations jobs by not putting your needs in writing. China took #1 from us as worlds largest economy due to the laziness of workers who allow corporations to dictate economy from individual to local to state and national levels. That laziness is the refusal to join and participate in unions. We, Americans are not here to be used by anybody, yet you allow them too.

The last post got screwed up. It was a response to beerfd who was saying a union guy was messing with his job and calling somebody lazy for having workrules.

Stealing time? Really? Screwing off to you is a stealing? Stealing is cardinal sin! Better send your ass packing too fella because you "stole" time to inquire about their plight. What you have there is "abuse" of time and falls under progressive discipline rather than accelerated discipline.

So what exactly is the difference between "stealing time" and "abuse of time"?

Stealing time is what Bill Zollars and company did. To say the very least.
Infinite minutes stolen from infinite drivers. And managers too. Throughout the industry. He, and his banker buddies stole what numbers and words cannot cover.

Fyi, Teamsters membership in Orlando has grown from 2k to almost 8k in 10 years, explain that you naysayers

Puerto Rico's labor participation rate hasn't surpassed 50% since 1950.
Orlando's Puerto Rican population is growing much faster than any other.

Draw your own conclusion.

man... you guys need to reset your compasses

first, why call it union busting? There are drivers that do not want third-party interference, so why not call it union prevention starts at NOF?

second, $3,000 an month pension? So the day the contract gets approved your telling me I can retire the following week with $3,000 to look forward to? So let's say a ten year guy goes for your sales pitch... how long until he is fully vested in this $3,000 a month payout?

third, WIFM or WIFU, what's in it for the union? All I see is a labor union effort to organize more control over the international ports. Ask not what the union will do for you, but instead ask what you're doing for the union

from whats been posted, a 30 year man at conway WAS supposed to get 3k a month, if you negotiated that back, you would have to bring up the years when nothing was going into your fund.

and is union busting when the company has the upper hand from the start. you cant show me a period in time when unions actually had the upper hand. from the NLRA to Taft Hartley was merely fair organizing, and the companies STILL had the upper hand.

still got that chip on your shoulder from the day they walked you out, huh? thats why you were at central so long, couldnt find anything better, huh?
No chip brother .... From at least Vitran .... I worked there 10 years and quit just 2 weeks after the purchase by Central Transport .... 20 years at Overnite did leave a bitter taste in my mouth however. And despite what you think I left of my own accord.

Puerto Rico's labor participation rate hasn't surpassed 50% since 1950.
Orlando's Puerto Rican population is growing much faster than any other.

Draw your own conclusion.
That's a real zinger .... Absolutely. Any numbers on the Cubans.

He needs to go mind his business and you need to mind yours too..quit messing with my job. I don't post on your boards..because I don't work there..
So what exactly is the difference between "stealing time" and "abuse of time"?
And out of the wood work he comes, here goes 80 paragraphs of ping pong to bore us all to death!! Let the game begin!!! Sheeezzzzz!!!

And that's a good thing ... Friendships ... But my point was those pickets never achieved the results you guys wanted ... That strike was a total failure.
Smoke and mirrors was the slogan back then..........
One day we were standing out in front at OVNT while they video taped us, the next we were told the drive was over.......
Always wondered who at the IBT put a stop to organizing.

No chip brother .... From at least Vitran .... I worked there 10 years and quit just 2 weeks after the purchase by Central Transport .... 20 years at Overnite did leave a bitter taste in my mouth however. And despite what you think I left of my own accord.

I thought you were done with your campaign.

Overnight had a significant percentage of employees that wanted union representation when you joined it. Your coworkers invited and participated in union affaires. Perhaps your coworkers should share in some of your targeted bitterness.

Let's compare bitterness;

I am bitter at corporate management that has absolute and total control over my compensation. They told me if I leave my job and come work for them, I will earn a specific compensation package with a nice payout at the end. BUT, after our years of loyal service, they decided their obligations to their loyal employees are a lie. They overtly and without apologies ****ed us.

LOL, our wages are currently 10 percent less than that of your prior employer. But wait! Enter the union, and our wages go up.

You tell me specifically why you ARE bitter and I will tell you specifically why I am bitter.

All of that repressed anger is going to destroy you. Were you touched in an inappropriate way? Were you promised a new stereo? Let's work past this "Conway could use the union" but "the union will never win at Conway" game.

What's really wrong? Why do you feel a need to retaliate and seek personal vengeance at Conway?