TForce | this ones for non union members

Exactly... Trust me so far yall are living up to the "Hoffa" thugish behavior that yall swear by. Keep attacking the honest and hard working and see how far that gets you.

...I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again if this was Overnite I would not be a Teamster...but Big "O" is no more...

Oct 5 2007
cid__1005071315.jpg

..and UPS is a Union company,like it or not.........

Always remember, as a steward you are expected to represent all of the employees even when, like me, you work in a right to work state but it doesn't say and will never say that you have to fight for them!!!
If they aren't a member of the union, you don't have to do a single thing for them.
A steward is a union official. For union members ONLY!
I will do nothing in a union capacity for a non union member.
I'll do one thing,, sympathize with them when they get their arse in a sling. Beyond that, they're on their own.

Funny how according to nonunion people, they are the only employees that are honest & hard working. Yet, they say the union members are the one's that bad mouth others.

Exactly... Trust me so far yall are living up to the "Hoffa" thugish behavior that yall swear by. Keep attacking the honest and hard working and see how far that gets you.

Who's attacking who?

Seems pretty one sided - so far in this thread!

... you guys have nothing to offer and never will...

1. egotiscoble (egotistical)

2. selfish

3. selfcentered

... workers who don't care whether their comp[any makes it or not.

On the Contrary!

Not only are We not what You accuse Us of being...

We (the Company, the IBT and Us as Potential Bargaining Unit Employees) addressed Your concerns - Prior to accepting a Contract:

Article 20
Section 1. Cooperation of Employees, Company and Union

The parties agree that at all times as fully as it may be within their power to cooperate so as to protect the long-range interests of the employees, the Company, the Union and the general public served by the parties to this Agreement.

Section 2. Fair Day’s Work for Fair Day’s Pay

The Union and the Company recognize the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay. Jobs and job security of employees working under this Agreement are best protected through efficient and productive operations of the Company and the trucking industry. This principle shall be recognized in the administration of this Agreement and the resolution of all grievances thereunder.

and:

Article 38
Union and Company Cooperation

Section 1. Joint Cooperation

The parties agree at all times as fully as it may be in their power to cooperate so as to protect the long range interests of the employees, the Company, the Union and the general public served by the parties to this Agreement.

A Legally Binding Contract...

That allows Us - Equal Opportunity...

To have a Voice!

And Process!

To hold All (mentioned) - accountable for their actions...

through:

Article 6
Suspension, Discipline and Discharge

and:

Article 7
Local, Regional and National Grievance Procedures

Exercising Our Rights through the Terms of Our Contract...

Is an Earned Privilege!

Stereotyping Us - based on limited understanding and or appreciation for what We have accomplished collectively to this point... Is Unfair!

teamsters.jpg
:1036316054:

its funny how things have changed

On the Contrary!

Not only are We not what You accuse Us of being...

We (the Company, the IBT and Us as Potential Bargaining Unit Employees) addressed Your concerns - Prior to accepting a Contract:

Article 20
Section 1. Cooperation of Employees, Company and Union

The parties agree that at all times as fully as it may be within their power to cooperate so as to protect the long-range interests of the employees, the Company, the Union and the general public served by the parties to this Agreement.

Section 2. Fair Day’s Work for Fair Day’s Pay

The Union and the Company recognize the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay. Jobs and job security of employees working under this Agreement are best protected through efficient and productive operations of the Company and the trucking industry. This principle shall be recognized in the administration of this Agreement and the resolution of all grievances thereunder.

and:

Article 38
Union and Company Cooperation

Section 1. Joint Cooperation

The parties agree at all times as fully as it may be in their power to cooperate so as to protect the long range interests of the employees, the Company, the Union and the general public served by the parties to this Agreement.

A Legally Binding Contract...

That allows Us - Equal Opportunity...

To have a Voice!

And Process!

To hold All (mentioned) - accountable for their actions...

through:

Article 6
Suspension, Discipline and Discharge

and:

Article 7
Local, Regional and National Grievance Procedures

Exercising Our Rights through the Terms of Our Contract...

Is an Earned Privilege!

Stereotyping Us - based on limited understanding and or appreciation for what We have accomplished collectively to this point... Is Unfair!

teamsters.jpg
:1036316054:

nikidiesek:you seemed threatened by everything that approaches you, i have worked for this company for going on 34 yrs and have never been threatened or deem anybody threatened unleass they didn't perform their job up to standards which is unacceptable in any company company rules...do you stress less than company standards in order to make profits?????or break rules to comply to union contracts?????????? no company will succede without rule and compliance...just ask yrc....follow through....use your brain for a change....rlm

Great post Harley. Glad to see there are still a few who believe in this company instead of trying to **** it and bring this it down if it benefits themselves.

Great post Harley. Glad to see there are still a few who believe in this company instead of trying to **** it and bring this it down if it benefits themselves.

UPS Parcel the most profitable transportation company in the world some would say, yes, no, and they are UNION. Overnite wouldn't even be around anymore if it wasn't for them(ups) and you can thank the union for your wage and benefits at overnite the union set the standard, and if you don't like it here (ups freight) let's use some non-union language witch i have heard before ( if you don't like it here,you can leave any time you want there's no one stopping you) I have worked both union and non-union, have lost my job at both too,always under payed at the non-union company's, and they still failed, it's all about management,some company's are run well some not.

thats right poor management ...and as far as the nonunion guys at union term u are a theif we as union members got u rasies , health benifits that are set for the next 5 yrs,seniorty that the company has to follow.and as far as im concrened you are a s.c.a.b.stealing from the people that are paying dues so that u and i can have these thing ....also before i go .........as the other guy said if it wasnt for unionsu would not have made what u made at ovnt or had the benfits and just to add 1 more thing your standered of living would never have been where it is...unions (not just teamsters)have helped keep wages up through out the hole world.

..moderators..think its time to close this one down...what purpose does it promote but hate and discontent...I may disagree with some opinion's here but will defend to the death their right to have that opinion...but name calling and yes snide remarks serves no purpose...I suggest this thread be closed.

..moderators..think its time to close this one down...what purpose does it promote but hate and discontent...I may disagree with some opinion's here but will defend to the death their right to have that opinion...but name calling and yes snide remarks serves no purpose...I suggest this thread be closed.

I would close this but I want to see how this pans out, we still have terminals that are resistent to the Union.
I'm pretty sure we can distinguish who is management and who is not. It's not that hard to figure it out by reading and YES, they do come in here, read and possibly post.

As a FINAL reminder: read the rules.
watch with the heated rhetoric and attacks

Getting around forum filters will definitely get you in trouble.

nikidiesek:you seemed threatened by everything that approaches you,

Is this the best You could come up with?

I provided You with a diplomatic response - to a post that was meant to do nothing more then provoke a hostile reaction!

I took the High Road...

An approach that You clearly never expected!

Just like Overnite management of old and the leftovers of present...

When met with civility, professionalism and an arsenal of factual information...

I am able to break down that wall of arrogance!

Producing this sort of Typical Reaction...

Turning the tables...

And either make an Accusation or Accusing – Instead of Dealing with the Reality of things!

Trust Me...

Your not the first person to take this approach towards Me!

And I'm sure You won't be the last!

Since I've come to expect nothing more from those of You that served a company that Lived and Hid behind a Zero Tolerance philosophy!

A philosophy that had no specific understanding and or structure that any reasonable person could explain or understand...

I don't feel threatened!

Perhaps it's the other way around... (?)

i have worked for this company for going on 34 yrs

see above... Your a leftover!

... and have never been threatened or deem anybody threatened unleass they didn't perform their job up to standards which is unacceptable in any company company rules...

see above... Zero Tolerance - Standards Never Existed!

Anyone on any given day could have disliked even Your work ethics!

... do you stress less than company standards in order to make profits?????

Give Me a standard...

Who's profits?

See... this is Your problem... You don't speak in specifics!

... or break rules to comply to union contracts??????????

Breaking Rules (if a rule exist) is a violation of Our contract!

Did You read post #26?

no company will succede without rule and compliance...just ask yrc....

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

So, now Your blaming Our fellow brothers and sisters - for YRC's greed and poorly managed decisions?

Are You freak'n kidding Me?

follow through....use your brain for a change....rlm

I will anxiously await Your responses and or replies!

Hey, Pom Poms...

I take offense to that word!

And feel as though it is inappropriately used and referenced!

It's Rude!

you guys need a rule guide to hide behind,the one that is out there is clear and precise,which one do u won to go by ???

A guide to hide behind. now we have a set of rules for everyone,not just the pets. Once was taking to a former TM he worked both union and nonunion,asked him which is easier to manage, he said union there's a set of rules and it's in black and white, nonunion i can do what i want, change the rules anytime i want, and no one can do anything about it, there are no rules,it change's day to day. And by the way, i may be wrong, but i think am not, Harley Davidson Motorcycles are UNION made?

Over 100 years UPS has been union. The members have not brought it down yet!!!!!!As matter of fact, The members is what made UPS what it is today. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

Over 100 years UPS has been union. The members have not brought it down yet!!!!!!As matter of fact, The members is what made UPS what it is today. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! BusterNite, your right on. You know, what rilly gets under my skin is the people that dont have enough since to look around and see the simple facts. The facts are that you cant comprehend that the company (UPS) that you work for now didnt get where they are being a bunch of dummy's. These guys are the best in the business and if you think for one second that they would sign a contract with the pay and benefits and everything else that they didnt think that they could hold up to, then you are the one that needs to reexamine your way of thinking.