Till the fat lady sings

When the strike was called, the Teamsters Trust severed their relationship with Oak Harbor and refused to receive any payments on behaf of the members. The funds for the pension have been placed in an escrow account for safekeeping until the trust will accept them. Since they also wouldn't cover members under the medical plan, the company moved everyone over to the company medical plan so that everyone would continue to have coverage. As of right now, the trust has is still refusing contributions from Oak Harbor, so until that changes there is no way for them to put you on the Teamsters medical plan.

This sounds like more company GARBAGE!

If the teamsters return to work, isn't the company legally obligated to put everyone back on union HC, pension, etc???

The problem is, Hobart agreed any Union worker returning would be put on Company Med. That's how it happens. Happened for me that way. He agreed to it, ask him! That happened months ago.

This sounds like more company GARBAGE!

If the teamsters return to work, isn't the company legally obligated to put everyone back on union HC, pension, etc???

http://www.oakhanswers.com/nu/100908.pdf

The union healthcare and pension trust WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM OAK HARBOR so no, you cannot be put back on their healthcare coverage unless something changes (on the side of the union).

As far as the layoffs go, freight volumes are down and so there have been some layoffs. They would've happended regardless of the strike, and would have been based on senority. As such, some of the returning workers will be layed off, based on senority. The "blacklist" is a small group of striking employees who participated in activities such as threatening and harassing employees, and of course they can't be allowed back! Oak Harbor would set itself up for being sued by the threatened and harassed employees if they let those people back in the building. Those of the striking employees who handled themselves in a respectful and respectable manner have nothing to worry about.

http://www.oakhanswers.com/nu/100908.pdf

The union healthcare and pension trust WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM OAK HARBOR so no, you cannot be put back on their healthcare coverage unless something changes (on the side of the union).

As far as the layoffs go, freight volumes are down and so there have been some layoffs. They would've happended regardless of the strike, and would have been based on senority. As such, some of the returning workers will be layed off, based on senority. The "blacklist" is a small group of striking employees who participated in activities such as threatening and harassing employees, and of course they can't be allowed back! Oak Harbor would set itself up for being sued by the threatened and harassed employees if they let those people back in the building. Those of the striking employees who handled themselves in a respectful and respectable manner have nothing to worry about.

Come on, how can you believe the crap they are saying? How can they accept the payments when we are not working. the trust would accept payments for those people actually working correct? how can they accept funds from an employer who has no actively working employees? **** are not part of the funds group of members so as a result I would think, yes they would not accept on their behalf. totally makes sence to me. You have to remember the company will tell all kind of lies to get you to see things their way, havent you learned that by now. It is quite obvious any one with the brain of a 4 year old could see that. :duh:

You better start believing familyman. You get the truth stuffed right in your face and you cannot see it. Open your eyes! Core members paying dues after crossing a picket line are just as entitled to benefits but if the trust won't except the money then we go on company which has shown me to be no different then the almighty Trust. 0 difference. And yes before you speak you horrific mind regarding cross overs, we have the right to work just as you have the right to strike. So keep all those slanderous comments behind the scenes, like I really care anyway. Better put on the old thinking cap.

When the strike was called, the Teamsters Trust severed their relationship with Oak Harbor and refused to receive any payments on behaf of the members. The funds for the pension have been placed in an escrow account for safekeeping until the trust will accept them. Since they also wouldn't cover members under the medical plan, the company moved everyone over to the company medical plan so that everyone would continue to have coverage. As of right now, the trust has is still refusing contributions from Oak Harbor, so until that changes there is no way for them to put you on the Teamsters medical plan.

I agree with you that when the strike was called the relationship was severed. But with the returning strikers I find it hard to believe that they would not welcome the returning members with open arms. Is the trust refusing to reinstate us or is it because of the conditions that ohfl is putting on the return. I just spoke with our BA and he said he knows of no reason for not reestablishing the pension & health. I would suggest if you have a letter refusing the reinstatement then have them post it on asktheboss if you do not want to post it here. It might help to add some credibility to your post.

I agree with you that when the strike was called the relationship was severed. But with the returning strikers I find it hard to believe that they would not welcome the returning members with open arms. Is the trust refusing to reinstate us or is it because of the conditions that ohfl is putting on the return. I just spoke with our BA and he said he knows of no reason for not reestablishing the pension & health. I would suggest if you have a letter refusing the reinstatement then have them post it on asktheboss if you do not want to post it here. It might help to add some credibility to your post.

From what I understand, it's not just the strike, but that we have been without a contract for so long. I'm not sure the exact time frame, but once you've been without a contract for a certain amount of time the trust won't accept payments on behalf of the employees. I'll try to find out what the exact time frame is, but I think I remember someone saying that it's a year and a day. When I find out for sure, I'll post with a link (if I can find one).

The problem is, Hobart agreed any Union worker returning would be put on Company Med. That's how it happens. Happened for me that way. He agreed to it, ask him! That happened months ago.

So you finally admitted you are one of the s**** who turned your back on the rest of us.
Shame on you!:ranting2:

You better start believing familyman. You get the truth stuffed right in your face and you cannot see it. Open your eyes! Core members paying dues after crossing a picket line are just as entitled to benefits but if the trust won't except the money then we go on company which has shown me to be no different then the almighty Trust. 0 difference. And yes before you speak you horrific mind regarding cross overs, we have the right to work just as you have the right to strike. So keep all those slanderous comments behind the scenes, like I really care anyway. Better put on the old thinking cap.

, the trust wouldn't accept the money because a Teamster trust has no business dealing with lowlifes such as yourself. In a more just world your pension would be taken and split equally among the real men in this fight. Nobody likes crossers, even the people that employ you are aware you are of weak moral fiber and are generally just poor quality humans, with no allegiance to anyone or anything but yourself. Without respect, loyalty, trust, and responsibility what does that make you?

I hope they grease up your pallet jack every day, I hope fire extinguishers under your air seat are a regular occurrence, I hope your 7500# last delivery is "accidentally" loaded on the tail. I hope your job becomes very miserable, then maybe you'll quit and If luck has it my way you'll be marked and never ever come anywhere near another union job as long as you live. Come on, Xpress is a great place for people with your moral character I am sure those guys will understand why you did what you did.

Sure you have the legal right to work during a strike, it's also legal for a 60 year old pervert to have sex with a 18 year old, that doesn't make it right.

The ones that crossed should keep a close eye on what is going on at 117! 4 members crossed a one day picket and are now going to be fined monetarily by the Teamster Eboard!! Crossers beware you may be making the money now but in the end that money could very well be going back into the pocket of the good all Teamsters!! Woohoo poetic justice is what it sounds like. Even though there was only a one day strike, for just that one day they may have to pay up to the amount the contract is monetarily to one member in that instance up to $9,000 is what I heard. So the line crossers may prosper now but once the contract is settled they won't be looking at it the same way.

We have already heard that the scumbags who crossed and denounced the union are crying the blues. I hope they get a good lawyer who will take them for all of the "good money" that they say they are making.

, the trust wouldn't accept the money because a Teamster trust has no business dealing with lowlifes such as yourself. In a more just world your pension would be taken and split equally among the real men in this fight. Nobody likes crossers, even the people that employ you are aware you are of weak moral fiber and are generally just poor quality humans, with no allegiance to anyone or anything but yourself. Without respect, loyalty, trust, and responsibility what does that make you?

I hope they grease up your pallet jack every day, I hope fire extinguishers under your air seat are a regular occurrence, I hope your 7500# last delivery is "accidentally" loaded on the tail. I hope your job becomes very miserable, then maybe you'll quit and If luck has it my way you'll be marked and never ever come anywhere near another union job as long as you live. Come on, Xpress is a great place for people with your moral character I am sure those guys will understand why you did what you did.

Sure you have the legal right to work during a strike, it's also legal for a 60 year old pervert to have sex with a 18 year old, that doesn't make it right.
whoohoo silver, chew em up and spit em out. Garbage is garbage. No one can justify to me why they crossed.

DO NOT resort to wishing someone ill will/harm... if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.

DO NOT resort to wishing someone ill will/harm... if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.

We all wish the scumbags ill will. They are trying to take our jobs. If these low lives had not crossed then maybe this strike would have been over months ago

Geez, I wonder how Blacklists are formed. No need to get angry. I mean your going to have my job. Woohoo!

The anger is for scumbags. We can't call you what we really think. HOW IS THE **** DOING ON YOUR BACK?
If you thought the company was going to win this pissing match you guessed wrong