ABF | Time for concessions?

Well said.. I to am a big fat NO!!!!!!!!! Although I'm hearing they want to loosen the contract language to be more like ups freight to that I say he!! NO..

Dockit. I think we are related. I whole heartedly agree with every word you said. As long as I have been in the union not one of my raises has been over 3%. While other people I know were getting 5-6% increases. Well I didn't cry to much because I knew that my pension was far better. Well now that I am not even sure that my pension will be there do you think I am willing to take a pay cut. You have to be kidding!!!! please do your best to educate those that you work with not to even consider a pay cut.

What I find hard to believe is that 18 of us that voted in this poll said yes!!!!! I'm beginning to get sick!

Oh I'm using my iphone it must not show on mobile phones....what is the whole count???very curios

we had Buttons made, to let the company know how we feel. VOTE NO ON WAGE CONSESSIONS
You really don't have a vote. It will be up to the Union Brass(see New Penn). ABF is the ONLY frt line that hasn't taken a pay cut. Don't know why we think we are bullet proof. Anyway, the bigger deal is with the pension, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Hoffa will give ABF about 85% of what it wants!:TR10driving03:

the bigger deal is with the pension, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Hoffa will give ABF about 85% of what it wants!

We really don't know what they want.....yet. But I am sure they will ask for more than they expect to get.

I would be happy to cut the speed to 57mph. That in itself, by their own account, will save millions of dollars. So it might take us a little longer to get from A to B.

I think that they might be pitching the pension plan to the IBT, and if that is the case, and a mirror image of the plan that UPS got from Central States, I would be okay with that too.

Don't ask for my hard earned wages.

As long as there are guys laid off and ABF in Cleveland can still afford Browns and Indians season tickets and pay for a night out on the corporate account and continue to try to screw guys out of their hard earned unemployment then kiss my *** I'm voting NO on any concessions. Close the doors, I'm done!

My Thoughts

I am sure that management is busy crunching numbers to decide what to ask for. My guess is to buy out of the pension as they proposed before the contract was signed. That alone would make the company worth more & could give them access to much more credit. The pension liability is the one obligation that nobody knows for sure what it will be years from now. If they were free from this liability they could plan their financing & growth. No doubt funding the buyout would put them back in debt but it would take that Albatross from around their neck.
I think that the pension funds have received their last payment from YRC. At least if ABF bought out of the funds there would be real funds for the trustees to work with & not speculation or promises from a deep in debt corporation.
I also think that Hoffa, Tyson Johnson, & others in teamster leadership positions all the way down to the locals, (business agents & local presidents included), should make the same sacrifice as the rank & file if indeed they approve a cut for the rest of us.
Also I would encourage Wes Kemp to make it very clear that ALL management will take the same cut as we do. Let's all feel the pain & work together to move back to profitability.

Close it down???

As long as there are guys laid off and ABF in Cleveland can still afford Browns and Indians season tickets and pay for a night out on the corporate account and continue to try to screw guys out of their hard earned unemployment then kiss my *** I'm voting NO on any concessions. Close the doors, I'm done!

Why don't you just quit?? Go get you a job at a non-union company (they will not USUALLY hire an EX-union man) like you would be. Maybe you could get a job hauling gasoline or groceries. Or better yet, a long haul load so that you would be gone all the time and not post your poison on line.
No, midget, you kiss my ***